2014 Pre Season Player Moves

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BostonRed, Aug 10, 2013.

1. holden

holden Member+

Dundee FC, Yeovil Town LFC, Girondins de Bordeaux
    Oct 20, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    According to the Glasgow City website's news headline: "Glasgow City capture Jess Fishlock on loan from Seattle Reign". That means Seattle still has her under contract, so she will be back in Seattle next season.

2. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good. I hope all the teams are as upfront about the arrangement as Seattle. I expect quite a few "loans" to go on. Wouldn't want the players starving waiting for next season.

4. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    My feelings EXACTLY.

We all know these players will be gone during the off season. Why can't they just let us know when they will be back. Are they going to miss the entire first half again? I applaud Seattle for being upfront.

5. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    By 2018 (five years from now), this league will be so successful, that regular players ($6,000 - $12,000 salary) will be earning close to 3 times more than they are now (minimum salary will be $15,000 by then).
    Many casual players (moderate/starters in talent) will be earning $20,000 - $24,000, plus residency and health insurance by then.
    So that $20,000+ will be plenty of money for a girl in her 20's, when she doesn't have to pay for housing or utilities. That's plenty of money for food and other living costs.
    But for now, they must do what they have to do to ensure they don't starve.

6. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    One of these days, one of your predictions will come true. Don't know which one yet....

7. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    WPS's prediction that 2018 is five years from now will come true...Im a little less certain on the rest of it. :)

mariarfrts and BostonRed repped this.
  8. luvdagame

luvdagame Member+

Jul 6, 2000
    this x 1000.

i've got to believe that nwsl is using portland's paulson as their personal preacher to other mls owners. i will be very disappointed if we don't get at least one mls supported expansion franchise next year.

9. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Do some players stay in WNY housing year around? Sahlen owns the housing like MagicDan did in Florida. McCall never leaves Elma.

10. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a good question. Where do the players practice? Elma is outside Buffalo, Buffalo and Rochester are about one hour plus apart via Thurway, plus local driving.

11. BlueCrimson

BlueCrimson Member+

North Carolina Courage
    United States
    Nov 21, 2012
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have their normal practices at Sahlen's Sports Park in Buffalo.

12. WPS_Movement

WPS_Movement Member+

Apr 9, 2008
    They can be there all year round, or close to it.
    McCall Zerboni can sleep with her stuffed clown bear in her same warm bed every night.

[​IMG]

13. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ali Riley is *not* coming back to the US anytime soon:

14. ForeverLOST108

ForeverLOST108 Member+

Jan 23, 2010
    Orlando
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's too bad for us fans here. Love watching her play.

15. kernel_thai

kernel_thai Member+

Oct 24, 2012
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    WPS_Movement will be inconsolable.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wonder if and how many offers does Alex Morgan get from overseas clubs to play?
    Every day? A bunch a week? Very few? They don't even bother? Just wondering.

17. newsouth

newsouth Member

Nov 20, 2010
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    if ussoccer, nike and other sponsors have made her the "it" girl, do you think they are cool with her playing over in sweden with press? lets be real. how much momentum would she loose in the usa market playing over seas with press and sydney breathing down her neck? since the nwsl isn't going anywhere, she isn't.

18. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Regardless whether she wants to go overseas or not. My question was are teams enquiring? Is she as popular/in demand overseas as she is here? Do they regard her as top world talent in Sweden, France, Germany, etc., to warrant clubs offering her contracts? That's my question.

19. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    Probably enquiries but unless she indicated that she is interested she wouldn't get any actually offers.

20. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    According to the Equalizer, Renae Cuellar is now with Sundsvall DFF in Sweden's second tier.

21. JanBalk

JanBalk Member+

Jun 9, 2004
    I am very surprised, not that she re-signed but that she did it for more than a year. I was pretty sure she would leave for the US no later than after the 2014 season, or at least keep a window open for that if the salary cap was risen. So her signing for two years chocked me.

22. Blaze20

Blaze20 Moderator
    Staff Member

Seattle Reign FC
    Sep 22, 2009
    Club:
    Rapinoe as expected will be returning to Lyon and will be back with Seattle in June 2014 and will play the full 2015 and 2016 with the Reign.

This makes sense and I must say I'm really impressed with the level of disclosure from the reign organization.i knew there was a reason I loved this team

23. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Copying this over from the Rivalry forum...
    Pohlers, I can understand - it's not like she was used incredibly well. I'd be rather upset if Micol is right about Fuss, though. Fuss was great with the Red Stars.

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Here is the interview (in German though). Fuss is saying that she prefers the German league system. She also says that the game is more physical in the US, which compensates for some gaps in technique and tactics (where German junior team players are given a very solid foundation). Pohlers (as usual) is a bit more outspoken - too much running in the US, not enough play. :D

25. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

Yeah, and apparently Rapinoe learned she had to slow down.