2014 Notre Dame

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by gogogo, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need for this sort of personal attack. Thanks in advance.

2. timsoccerdude

timsoccerdude New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    So any reports on how the Irish looked in yesterday's spring game against Marquette? Saw twitter..Marquette won 1 to 0.

member: 21080"]Irish at Marquette for a spring match tomorrow - it could reach a balmy 40 degrees. Looking forward to see how this talented squad develops under Coach Theresa. I had the same thought as Eddie K re Bobby Clark's quote - the hearsay approach seemed pretty lame. They need some crisper editing in the sports info department. Welcome, Coach, and Go Irish![/quote]

3. GeauxIrish

GeauxIrish Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    [/quote]
    Am also anxious to get a report on the match with Marquette.

4. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Has ND released anything about the friendly against Marquette the other day?

5. timsoccerdude

timsoccerdude New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Here is Marquette website for what's it worth....little details.

I wasn't there, but heard from a buddy, Notre Dame did better 2nd half, had some quality chances. Marquette dominated out the air and midfield 1st half, outshot ND overall I guess. ND had more luck countering down the flanks 2nd half.

MU Defeats Notre Dame 1-0 in Initial Spring Action
    Lisa Roman scores lone goal in 80th minute

"This was a great match for us against an NCAA Elite 8 team from last year. Considering we have lost some key seniors from last fall and we are building our team for next year and the future, we played at a very high level," said head coach Markus Roeders. "It was fun and if we keep building and improving, this group's potential has no limits."

In a full slate of 90-minute competition, MU outshot the Irish 14-8.

The Golden Eagles return to action on Sunday, March 30, when they travel across town to Engelmann Field for matchups against Milwaukee and Iowa. MU will take on Iowa at 11 a.m. Central time and will conclude the day with a12:45 p.m. CT tilt against Milwaukee.
    The Marquette University women's soccer team kicked off its 2014 spring season with a 1-0 victory over Notre Dame on March 22 at Valley Fields.

Freshman Lisa Roman notched the lone goal of the match in the 80th minute, propelling the Golden Eagles to a victory over a Notre Dame squad that advanced to the third round of last season's NCAA Tournament. Sophie Schunk, Amanda Engel, Haley Fritzlen, Erin Holland, Morgan Proffitt, Andee Nelson, Jacie Jermier,Ann Marie Lynch, Mady Vicker, Mary Luba, Liz Bartels, Ashley Handwork, Alex Heffron, Meegan Johnston, Anna Jurken, Lisa Roman, Isabela Carrasco and Cali Pyzdrowski all saw action for the blue and gold.

[​IMG]

The Marquette University women's soccer team kicked off its 2014 spring season with a 1-0 victory over Notre Dame on March 22 at Valley Fields.

Freshman Lisa Roman notched the lone goal of the match in the 80th minute, propelling the Golden Eagles to a victory over a Notre Dame squad that advanced to the third round of last season's NCAA Tournament. Sophie Schunk, Amanda Engel, Haley Fritzlen, Erin Holland, Morgan Proffitt, Andee Nelson, Jacie Jermier,Ann Marie Lynch, Mady Vicker, Mary Luba, Liz Bartels, Ashley Handwork, Alex Heffron, Meegan Johnston, Anna Jurken, Lisa Roman, Isabela Carrasco and Cali Pyzdrowski all saw action for the blue and gold.

6. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Thank You.

7. SoccerTrustee

SoccerTrustee Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Anyone know what Crystal Thomas is doing and where she is heading to? No longer listed on the Notre Dame roster. Good player and has been with U20 camps. Did she make her decision after last fall or after she knew about the coaching change?

8. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good question.

9. timsoccerdude

timsoccerdude New Member

Mar 23, 2014
    Heard she did a visit at Dayton and Georgetown. Committed to Georgetown..Wonder if this is correct.. Great player.... Wonder if coaching change was the motivation.

10. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    #85 MRAD12, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
    I was at the FC Kansas City vs. Chicago Red Stars exhibition game last Saturday in St. Louis.

For me as a Notre Dame fan, it was a special treat as I got to see 4 Notre Dame National Champions on the field at the same time:

Jen Buczkowski - 2004
    Melissa Henderson - 2010
    Kecia Morway - 2010
    Adriana Leon - 2010

And... if Shannon Boxx would not have had her baby this season, Melissa Tancredi not being in chiropractor school, and Mandy Laddish not finishing college, - there could have been 7 Notre Dame National Champions representing all three National Championship teams on the field at the same time. How cool would that have been?

11. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    The Irish are traveling to Ann Arbor on Sunday Mar. 30 to play Michigan at 3PM Eastern. Should be a good match. The Wolverines (it may be remembered) caused ND all sorts of grief in the NCAAs last year and beat the Irish 1-0 on a penalty kick.

12. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I just hope the weather cooperates for next Wednesday's game at 7:00. I've been waiting to go to that game for weeks.
    My two favorite teams go head to head. Domers on both sides, except the Red Stars have more ND National Champions on their side.

13. gogogo

gogogo Member

Apr 18, 2002
    ND wins at Michigan 1-nil on a Lauren B. goal. Good for the Irish

14. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It seems Dawn Greathouse is still there as Asst. Coach. I'm hoping Romagnolo keeps her around as she is an experienced assistant and the players like her.

15. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Dawn has been retained.

16. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Good. Because I keep noticing that Randy Waldrum still hasn't hired a goalie coach in Houston.

17. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Going to the Chicago Red Stars vs. Notre Dame game tonight in South Bend.
    Get my first look at the new ND Head Coach.
    It will be interesting how they play against the professionals tonight.

On the Red Stars side, Kecia Morway and Adriana Leon return to the school they helped win the 2010 NCAA National Championship. Wouldn't it be cool if Red Stars players Shannon Boxx and Melissa Tancredi were playing as well? There would be players representing all 3 ND NCCA Championship teams.

Hope the weather holds out.

18. Yellow2288

Yellow2288 New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    MRAD12:

I do not see Kecia Morway on the Red Stars roster. She is a senior isn't she? Has she graduated from Colorado College yet? Just wondering how you knew.

Btw, I love to read your posts. You are a wonderful "unofficial" ambassador for the University. Notre Dame is lucky to have a fan with such passion and understanding of what the University stands for.

19. New Engalnd Nellie

Mar 6, 2008
    Kecia is on the 25 person pre-season roster. I believe there will be another roster of just 20 in a few days for the beginning of the season. I think Kecia was one of a few players who played the entire game against FC KC earlier in preseason.

20. orange crusader

May 2, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
  21. Yellow2288

Yellow2288 New Member

Nov 10, 2010
    Thank you. That is a nice story.

22. Got Jukes?

Got Jukes? Member

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Any word on the game tonight??

23. New Engalnd Nellie

Mar 6, 2008
    #98 New Engalnd Nellie, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    2-0 Red Stars 87th minute. ND with a yellow and a couple of offsides. This according to CRS twitter.

Full time 2-0.

24. GeauxIrish

GeauxIrish Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    ND was only outshot 15-7 and had a goal in the 70th minute or so ruled offside; then had a 1 v 1 turned aside by LeBlanc. This is per the Red Star twitter feed. All in all, a gutty performance by the IRISH. We just need to find a way to score as we've tallied just 2 goals in our last 5 games.

25. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Just got back to Chicago from South Bend. Too exhausted to elaborate but the headline could read:

2010 Notre Dame National Champion Adriana Leon scores a beauty on former team to lead Chicago Red Stars to a 2-0 win over the Irish in South Bend.

Alyssa Mautz added the second goal for Chicago.

Notre Dame seemingly scored in the second half but were called off-sides.

I'll comment more on the game tomorrow.