2014 Mock Draft (with expansion)

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by WPS_Movement, May 25, 2013.

1. liesse00

liesse00 Member

Jan 17, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Updated first round

1.Washington-Crystal Dunn
    2.Houston- Kealia Ohai
    3.Chicago (from Sea.)-Julie Johnston
    4.Chicago-Vanessa DiBernardo
    5.FCKC (from Bos.)-Amanda Frisbie
    6.Sky Blue-Maya Hayes
    7.Seattle (from Por.)-Kassey Kallman
    8.Boston (from FCKC)-Courtney Verloo
    9.WNY-Morgan Marlborough

Wouldn't surprise me at all if Chicago takes Hayes.

2. FCKCEvans

FCKCEvans Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Quote from Andonoviski:" going into the draft we can take any position. We can go forward mid or defender. It puts us in a really good position bc we are going to go with the best available. If Maya Hayes is best available we are taking her, if best available is DiBernardo we are taking her or if best available is Kallman we are taking her. So it all depends on who is best available at that 5th pick so we are going to play a little bit based off Chicago, Houston, and Washington."

3. Smallchief

Smallchief Member+

Oct 27, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Looking at the 2013 draft a lot of serviceable players came out of it -- but only 2 real stars: Franch and Tymrak. Others, of course, may become stars. Meleana Shim wasn't even drafted, but she was better than a lot who were drafted high.

That's part of the fun of it all. Good choices, bad choices, dark horses, etc.

goaleemama repped this.
  4. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    There will be more than one player like Shim this year. The question is whether there will be spots for all of them. It's nice to see such a great class with so many great players, but I can see some of them going to Europe in the near future...

5. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New Engalnd Nellie, are you happy today? I hope so!

goaleemama, Shim trade a good one or a poor one for the Thorns? I say an excellent trade, but I'm interested in your opinion.

6. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Only time will tell, but from day one I thought Shim was underrated. It always feels good to have people agree with you, but I also see Shim as a nice person and a very serious player so it's good to see her viewed as a valuable commodity. I also thought Johnston would go in the top three, so of course I was happy that she wasn't "the big faller". Heh heh.

It seems like all the teams got great picks, so I'm truly excited about this season.

7. goaleemama

goaleemama Member

Nov 10, 2011
    And the WCC was represented nicely, I think. Especially after you factor in the trades...