2014 Matchday #5: Fire v Union, April 5, 2014 p/d/p (R)

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by aztec21bas, Apr 1, 2014.

?

Predict The Outcome: Fire v. Union

Poll closed Apr 5, 2014.
  1. Win

50.0%
  2. Loss

23.1%
  3. Tie

26.9%
  1. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was terrible. The Union got gifted two goals, let a subpar Chicago team boss the game for 2/3rds of the match, and only came out with a point because of MacMath's heroics. (And hey, full credit to him...that was extremely well done from him. Not a poor pen from Magee).

Extremely disappointing performance. This team should be better than this.

EDIT:
    Also, I got a little tired of the Union trying to out-dive Amerikwa. Not a fun thing to root for.

Amscray and Handsome Pete repped this.
  2. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's becoming apparent, with each passing week, they're not.

In fact I think they've looked progressively worse as the season has gone on.

3. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    3 Thoughts from the match-

Why do we stop attacking when we are winning?

Place was barely half full

Thanks Zac

I'm sitting in the lot now. Need deep dish

4. drn99

drn99 Member

Jul 4, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's because Hack's management has gotten progressively dumber. The talent is still there but it is being misused.

5. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've gone full Nexus on this game.

Who the holy hell starts Ray Gaddis over Sheanon Williams at RB? Who the super-holy-hell starts Aaron Wheeler over a presumably healthy Austin Berry? The defense needs to be Gaddis-Berry-Okugo-Williams, Hackworth. It isn't that damn hard. Its as clear as day who the best players are. In fact, Fabinho-B-O-W is also an acceptable answer. You have two acceptable choices. Two. Why are you starting a dude that's been a CB for like 12 weeks over a proven, quality player who appeared to be in something resembling form this season? You see that reckless, sophomoric kung fu kick to the chest giving the Fire a penalty kick? Yeah, Berry probably doesn't do that.

Why is Hoppenot coming in at the 82nd minute? At least we had Bone in there to theoretically hold possession.

Thank God for MacMath choosing the right color on the roulette wheel. At least we got a pity point out of this embarrassment.
    ----

Hopefully we get our crap together for next week. Looking forward to a spirited battle between two quality midfields. Edu v Beckerman should be a treat.

lopezzzz, UnionDues and Handsome Pete repped this.
  6. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quality midfields indeed. Sadly we don't have a quality front or back (assuming Hack stands by his "project") so it could get ugly.

7. cpurdom

cpurdom Member

Mar 3, 2008
    127 F
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Casey was back to playing deep again. And D on set pieces. LeToux, I think, though hard to tell from the bad tv angles, kept making lazy passes and Chicago sure can play a fast break. Bad start. Bad finish. Bad defending. Poor passing. Insane sub at the end. Worst game of the season. Exciting. But horrid.

8. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Went to a Union Pub Partner™ for the game. Couldn't enter the code on my phone. Now I'm home and its too late. Great job, IT guys.

9. LuckyStriker

LuckyStriker Member+

Favorite club? a German one..........
    Apr 14, 2010
    in exile-Statute of Limitations yet to expire
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and though there will be some minor disagreements on the specifics................

10. Tyr

Tyr Member+

Nov 7, 2009
    Lawrenceville
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was busy all day. I guess I didn't miss much.

11. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You missed the biggest piece of crap since Randy Marsh on South Park back in 2007.

12. UnionDues

UnionDues Member+

Aug 16, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with @Handsome Pete who said that the team has looked progressively worse as the season has gone on. This game is the clearest example yet of how the coaching is costing us. No matter who is on the roster, Hackworth will always make all the wrong decisions on game day. The Union managed a point not only because of MacMath's heroics, but also because Johnson was conversely awful. Total shit show from both teams.

BuddhaWake repped this.
  13. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Despite his goal I thought Edu looked awful today. But the only turnovers some people see are Brian Carroll's.

TonyClarkDOOP and LuckyStriker repped this.
  14. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll give him a pass after playing a few nights ago. But that would be two matches where he's been a little underwhelming.

Okugo too for that matter.

(Unpopular position I'm sure.)

15. Doop

Doop Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okugo has been a disgrace the last few matches. Turned into a pussy and can't challenge an attacker which cost us a goal 2 weeks in a row.

16. WVUPharm2007

WVUPharm2007 Member+

Jul 24, 2011
    Montgomery Township, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did anybody actually look good today? I guess MacMath? Complete ass from one end of the field to the other.

LuckyStriker repped this.
  17. ericlfd

ericlfd Member+

Nov 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    My source here in Chicago just told me that Sheanon said he pulled his muscle again, so Fabinho and Ray it is

18. Handsome Pete

Handsome Pete Member+

May 16, 2011
    Minneapolis
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nogueira was invisible for most of the match. Unless someone saw something I'm missing.

19. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    .....and out played the Union all night!

Nogueira needs to be in the middle and all forward pressure needs to move through him......this playing him out wide is worthless! Also this ********in possession style that Hack says he is converting to is pathetic....way to many wasteful passes (mostly Carroll), I don't understand where the possession is. We run forward and chase the ball like headless chickens.......Fire Hackworth!!!! I'm done with him!!

UnionDues and Handsome Pete repped this.
  20. miked9

miked9 Member+

May 4, 2000
    Philadelphia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Johnson really was poor. It's astonishing that he and Hamid continue getting call-ups ahead of guys like Tally Hall.

UnionDues and JuggleMeBalls repped this.
  21. LINETRASH

LINETRASH Member+

Jul 19, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Sunderland AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I commented earlier about Wheeler....he's a baby giraffe!! We don't hold possession, we bomb forward like a banty rooster! Hack blows....Wheeler instead of Berry??? I'm telling you Berry will be captain of this team in the future but Hack sees Wheeler as a better option....get Hack the ******** out of here!!! He is out of his depth and a complete frugazi.... I hate him!

BuddhaWake and JuggleMeBalls repped this.
  22. JuggleMeBalls

JuggleMeBalls Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Formerly Sec 103
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Perfectly put. I'm starting to hate the very sight of him

23. slitz

slitz Member+

Feb 19, 2005
    Red City, 140
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

yep its been like that since last year

24. UdiHrant

UdiHrant Member

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Somebody tell me I'm wrong here...the saddest thing about this game was the whole game. I mean BOTH sides sucked hard. What an embarrassment for MLS. Even the announcers seemed confused as to how to call it especially in the first 20 minutes. Really looked like neither side gave a f&%k.

So why is Williams NOT taking the throws deep in our end on his side? That's on Hack. He can not say 'we have to learn to stop dropping these points' in every presser when he has control over those situations. I thought we bought a midfield and t be honest they DID look for real until the last few games. I don't get it.

25. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    It's still early, but if you keep changing the ingredients and the food still tastes like shit eventually you need to get a new chef.