2014 Home Jersey

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by profiled, Jan 28, 2014.

1. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the away shirt had/has a blazing red background for their "blue" logo, so I think it has more to do with Advocare wanting to make sure their logo DOESN'T blend in with the background, more's the pity.

2. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just want to add that I think KC's hoops look better because it's just a cleaner look. The two tone stripes just flow well. I agree with others that the colors were what made the old jerseys seem...where's waldo-ish. It just seemed cheap to me. For me, I'd rather have a clean look that's not as original as opposed to a mediocre jersey that's original.

3. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clean is the word that Hartman (who did a great job, IMO) used to describe the jerseys on the broadcast. It's not the adjective I'd use at all, but I think reading between the lines of his comments it sounds like the players were generally unhappy with the Waldo look and are just happy it's gone.

4. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe I should have just said cleanER. It just seemed to me with the old jerseys they were so obsessed with hoops and stripes that the entire jersey became diluted. There was no rhyme or reason to it except they just wanted stripes everywhere they could get it on the jersey.

The new KC ones look good because of 1) the colors and 2) they don't have the additional stripes going across the shoulders. So for me, that's a clean look.

[​IMG]

It's striped but not cluttered.

Parrothead FC repped this.
  5. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, I agree completely with you that the SKC hoops are clean. Hartman was describing the new DALLAS kits as clean, which I think is a poor choice of words. It was a poor transition on my part. :)

Trav-Man repped this.
  6. cowtown

cowtown Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Plano, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The other advantage to those shirts, and perhaps one of the resons it feels less cluttered, is that it doesn't have the stark contrast of white stripes equally paired with stripes of a saturated primary color straight out of an elementary school art teacher's color wheel. That there is a blue shirt, no big whoop. Ours required a certain... bravery to wear out in public (patting myself on the back for having done so over the years).

Trav-Man and Parrothead FC repped this.
  7. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I was with you. Part of my response was just addressing the fact that maybe our new one is not "clean" but rather "cleaner." Sorry for the confusion.

8. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree with you about the bravery. I'd pretty much only wear my jersey out when I was going to watch the game. I can't really afford the buy this one right now, but I'd be much more comfortable in this one.

9. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife has always hated the hooped shirts, because she has a dislike for all hooped shirts, so she gave the new shirts an unequivocal thumbs-up.

10. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    but it can also be red apparently?! mind = blown
    [​IMG]

11. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That should be our away kit (minus those weird Poland flags).

soccersubjectively repped this.
  12. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched Toronto @ Seattle this weekend. We have the same uniforms as Toronto until there's a close-up camera shot - solid red shorts and shirt. Regardless of your opinion of hoops, at least we had distinctive uniforms.

13. Trav-Man

Trav-Man Member

Jun 7, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I said in the beginning I would take a cleaner jersey that's not as distinct as opposed to a cluttered one that that stands out. Not sure why some people become so worried about being distinct at the cost of having a...subpar uniform.

jamezyjamez repped this.
  14. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    agree...case in point below. the two on the right sure are distinctive but look like poop

[​IMG]

Trav-Man repped this.
  15. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    As the captain of the "so happy the red/white hoops are gone" party, I am set back by the bar code pattern.. If only they'd gone with the straight red/darker red hoops that look pretty damned good on the socks... i wish I could find a pic of them for those that haven't seen them...

16. jamezyjamez

jamezyjamez Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Dallas
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    would be cool because the socks are currently my favorite part of the new kit (still prefer the new shirts to hoops). also liked your idea of the white shorts. if we had shirts with same light "hooping" that the socks have AND white shorts to break up the all-red, that would look fantastic.

17. Jonesta

Jonesta Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Auburn, Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The uniform you guys have now is still subpar AND you are no longer unique.

18. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and it's STILL better than what we had before.

19. Jonesta

Jonesta Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Auburn, Alabama
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Than the last one I'll grant you, (and even that is barely with that ugly Advocare logo) but there are some iterations of the hoops that have looked very good. Why they decided there needed to be a million other little stripes involved is beyond me. The red plus sweat stain look is just not very good and when you see the red of FCD vs the red of TFC it looks very washed out and grimy by comparison. It just isn't a good look for FCD for multiple reasons.

20. Parrothead FC

Parrothead FC Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We know. Nobody here is saying otherwise. Goodbye now.

Trav-Man repped this.
  21. Acts16:31

Acts16:31 New Member

Mar 15, 2014
    So I'm new to following MLS. Do they roll out a new jersey each year as an event or is this a new thing?

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Each team gets at least 1 new shirt a year, and the home/away usually last 2 full seasons.

23. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. DallasHammster

Jun 18, 2007
    DALLAS!!!
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ha ha, no... the one time the USSF screwed that up, they had to do a free remake.

No, it's an old nickname, and a contraction, actually. It's short for Hamm-meister, with Hamm being my last name (no relation). :)