2014 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by snkscore, Aug 8, 2013.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    But he has lots of assists. :rolleyes:

I mean, ok he did provide a decent number of assists, but is there any need to mention it at least 4 times in a single interview?

I have high hopes though, look how it worked out for us last year when a player said at the end of the season that he thought he deserved to be starting more often...

bunge repped this.
  2. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re entry draft might have a few decent players. Might have a few Fire players in there too.

3. RadioGonzo

RadioGonzo Member+

Nov 16, 2009
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Find a way to trade Lindpere for the rights to Gooch, who doesn't want to play for Chicago, so we trade him to DC and get Luis Silva or Chris Pontius or something?

GHjelm repped this.
  4. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Who else wants to live in Chicago? Anybody else want to come home? Lord knows nobody would want to play for Chicago.

5. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    we should work on getting Herculez Gomez's rights. He clearly wants to come to MLS.

6. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Is he gay? ;)

bunge repped this.
  7. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    No, but he is from the greater LA area....

8. Khan

Khan Member+

Mar 16, 2000
    On the road
    Apparently, some bag of shyte named, "Mila" wanted to be here, but we were low on DMF inventory.

THANK GOD someone saw this coming, and kept that bag of shyte from poisoning this club, and instead got an aging, expensive DMF!!! We're gonna slide tackle and backpass our way to glory!!!

I mean, we gotta "compete on all fronts" by adding every aging, expensive DMF that's available!!! CAMs? FVKC THAT!!!!!

9. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    El Pescadito is available again >_>

10. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shut the ******** up.

SixKick, LocoGueroFutobolista and bunge repped this.
  11. cweimers

cweimers Member+

Mar 5, 2010
    DC
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mods please ban

LocoGueroFutobolista, Chris M. and bunge repped this.
  12. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    goldclover and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  13. LocoGueroFutobolista

Apr 18, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I'd be surprised if Rios' contract is bought. From the link to that conference earlier in the season, he was not Andy's choice, and he should be gone for 1/3 of next year. Top all of that off with the assumed high price, and I see him somewhere else, maybe Mexico?

14. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
  15. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Michael Bradley grew up here. Jonathon Spector is from here, as are Brad Guzan and Eric Lichaj.

goldclover repped this.
  16. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Yeah I expected him back, but he was a Frank/Leon guy. Now that they are gone, I'm a lot less sure. I'd like to see him stay though.

LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  17. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I would be surprised if Rios stays as well. He was part of the outgoing regime, he will be gone for 1/3rd of next year, he's on the wrong side of 30, he is expensive for a player let alone a DMF and finally will be looking for a retirement nest egg. I sort of assumed he was only here to finish out the MLS season since he was out of contract in Italy and would be looking for a big payday in the Mexican Liga MX.

Khan and LocoGueroFutobolista repped this.
  18. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair, only around 400K counts against the CAP, so regardless of his salary being 500K or 5 Million, in terms of CAP space only the 400K is what matters.

I mean would you rather keep Pause and his salary?

Then again, perhaps the thinking is that if we pay Rios, then we will not pay for another "expensive" DP. If that is you’re thinking, then yes, it is preferably to spend the Rios money on a different player.

19. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    He is who I thought if immediately and he's playing DM right now! That's got to be a selling point for ownership. I would put him in Anibaba's spot. A Spector/Nyarko right side would be awesome. That being said, according to transfermarket.uk he just signed an extension.

Edit: I think he scored like 4 goals against my youth team back when he was playing for sockers. Depth at forward also?

goldclover repped this.
  20. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    For the record I love Rios, he gets in there and does the dirty work more efficiently than Pause or Big Red and can cover 10 yards very quickly and seems to pounce on the ball and win it back. I just found Rios choosing Chicago as his destination seemed odd because he could be playing for a bigger club with a bigger pay day. I love that he's here and I hope he stays, I just kind of wonder if he will?

SankaCofie repped this.
  21. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Exactly. If we get rid of Pause, Paladini, Bone, and Videira, we'd clear more salary space than we would by not resigning Rios, and we'd be keeping a near guaranteed starter on most teams in the league, and getting rid of players who are bench warmers at best.

Pennsylvania Dave repped this.
  22. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    Dude, Sega was 100% awful this year. It amazes me he kept being started.

23. goldclover

goldclover Member+

Mar 25, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I am all about the Spector idea! Or paying Big money for Bradley. MILAAAAAAAAAA

24. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No better option I guess.

25. SankaCofie

SankaCofie Member

Aug 8, 2000
    Skorgolia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ecuador
    If I had a dime for every time Sega's mark scored a goal whilst Sega was nowhere near him, watching helplessly, I'd have enough for a beer at the stadium.