[2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers] Korea vs UAE 11/10/11 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jitevra, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Qadsawi14KL

Qadsawi14KL New Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    as far as i see it teams like japan, australia and korea (north & south) being well organized and disciplined compare them with other asian teams "lacking organization"

2. Qadsawi14KL

Qadsawi14KL New Member

Oct 12, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    but it didnt happen in reality
    in your dreams is another matter huh ;)

3. Randomized

Randomized Member

Feb 18, 2005
    You'll find many posters on here, at least for Asian players within a recent time frame as you seem to suggest, use a mental aggregate of a player's European success and transfer, appearances in the World Cup finals, and success on both the Asian national and/or domestic stage as a yardstick even if the correlation between skill and these measures aren't perfect.

That being said, unless you have solid proof of superior individual skill levels outside purely subjective conjecture, please refrain from posting as you're adding nothing substantive and inciting purposeless tail-chasing.

4. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Organization and Discipline used to be our NT's strong assets. But not anymore, thanks to this stubborn, authoritarian and arbitrary coach of ours. LDG's tweeter comment, JDW's interview and now SHM's father raging at CKR - All of these happened right after UAE's match. There seems to be a lot of communication problems between our players and the coach. Not surprising since our coach is nicknamed - 'Gwimagae' (귀마개, a person who is too self-assertive that he is not reluctant to listen to others' opinions) and is notorious for putting players into positions they're not familiar with as if he's coaching a club team rather than NT. Club and NT need completely different approaches in terms of strategies and training. Cho doesn't seem to grasp this fundamental difference unfortunately.

At least, under Huh's era, our players seemed to enjoy their training and they all got along pretty well with the coach as well (Anyone remember that baby-hugging ceremony dedicated to Huh's grandchild?) - While Cho is yelling at players for 90 minutes to do this and that. That was downright embarrassing to say the least.

When I see our coach, I see Jo Bonfrere in him. :D

5. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    u sound iran, "we got awsom skill but our org. blos and our fed. hold us back"

u guy alway got some excuse y u suck.

and nobody buy ur player bcz no1 wants em. who want player from team can't make WC, guys who got blowed out 8-0, 5-0.

ur federetion words "dont buy our player" its like dad say "dont f(kg my dauter" when girls 300 lb. whale ugly.

6. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol!

7. Hyunstickystuff

Jan 10, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ^ This!.
    Absolutely agree with you here. I think Huh was a tactician tried to factor in many things and was smart about it. CGR is like Hitler.

8. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Huh =/= tactician.
    Cho ==> tactician.
    Huh(tactics) < Cho(tactics)
    QED.

9. Chiwoo

Chiwoo Member

May 14, 2010
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Correct me if I'm wrong, under coach Huh we got better results (i.e. defeating Japan in aways, passed the group stages during WC, etc.). Coach Cho on the other hand, is pretty much the opposite so far.

10. olijolly

olijolly Member+

Aug 30, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What were the better results. I don't remember Huh being that good to start off with either. Just going with a 4-4-2 against weaker sides and bringing nothing new during the qualifiers gave us a false sense of security leading up to the WC. Then we switch to an unfamiliar 4-2-3-1 with no real tactic except pass to PJS or long ball to PJY. We underperform during the WC but get lucky to make it past the group stages. Besides, we beat Japan when they were in a state of disarray.

Although its not as fast as we all want it to be, I see Cho making proper adjustments in squad selection and tactics.

11. K:thecore

K:thecore Member+

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    this is ridiculous banter.

if you dislike Cho thats fine and good but why are people bringing up Huh? just another KBS exercise in futility. would've could've should've and it didn't happen regardless.

12. dudedudedude

dudedudedude Member+

Aug 3, 2008
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Even though i dislike Cho, Cho is attempting to do something different which is admirable. He wants to play fancier style of football. Cho has 2 1/2 years to solve our woes. In this time he will need to organize our defensive issues, find a good pairing with KSY and find the correct Striker combination.

I think when LCY comes back he will help our defense a lot. In the mean time get used to seeing PJY track back and help defend like a wingback. I think this really highlights our defensive holes. The non-captain PJY would never do this lol. I'm glad he's stepping up.

All in all it's too early to tell. Give it 2 more years and we can start making legit comparisons.

13. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I will say though that if CKR is the authoritarian that everyone here seem to be making him out, I want him gone. I wasn't aware of all; this until I started reading these recent posts. I definitely don't want a manager who doesn't listen to his peers or isn't open. Or worse one who's stuck in old school ways such as age hierarchy or corporal punishment. Thats definitely a step backwards we don't need to go.

14. SuiSidal12st

SuiSidal12st Red Card

Oct 5, 2011
    I think we should change our style of play to counter attacking football like the germans. I'm sick and tired of us trying to play tiki taka football. we obviously have fast players for counter attacking football.

15. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    I have no problem with taking on new styles but our NT looks ridiculous right now and our game plan unbelievably predictable. Not saying it's impossible that Cho is buliding up to something great.. just saying I don't see anything coming together or things getting better right now. Our passing is atrocious and the wing play is useless when we have no one who can cross or pass defenders, defense is shambolic.

16. K:thecore

May 20, 2002
    Honolulu
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    we score a good number of our goals counter attacking. we are known as a counter attacking side.

17. SuiSidal12st

SuiSidal12st Red Card

Oct 5, 2011
    we obviously don't have the quality of spanish players to play tiki taka. might as well try to play in a style that tends to suit our players which I believe is counter attacking football.

18. SuiSidal12st

SuiSidal12st Red Card

Oct 5, 2011
    i remember watching the saudi game and there was a counter attack opportunity where son was sprinting and one of our players passed it back to the center backs. pathetic

19. Ganahal

Ganahal New Member

Jun 11, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    this

so much of spots is caching ur oponent at right time. yes we lost japan in frendly but we're try replace PJS LYP and LCY same time. thoes nipons can say yea we miss some guys but 100% their abset players is not equel of our big 3.

i dunno if Cho is dicktater guy not, if he is he's gona change or get boot. but i don't see y we gota panic. on O side we got so many guys their beter than what we had b4.

PCY is killer now. i dunno y some of u r Ji Dong Won hater but he's big, he's fast, his good in air, his right foot's OK and he's got a left that need some work. JDW is only gona get better. plus we got Song Heug Min.

i'm confidint we're gona rebilt our MF and WB. my only worry is CB, it seem we can nevar make good CB

20. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  21. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    http://sports.media.daum.net/soccer...cateid=1172&newsid=20111014032920169&p=chosun

22. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    The only good thing about huh is that he didn't force the players into an uncomfortable positions / system. But he was terrible in oooooh so many other ways that its worthless to discuss.

23. BENJMNS

BENJMNS Member+

Jun 8, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i'm pretty surprised at the sheer amount of disdain and vitriol being thrown about for our current coach. give him more time. im not saying praise him, but i am saying he hasn't done anything to warrant a replacement.

24. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korea will always play differing versions of bbung chukgu, it's in the fcuking blood.