[2014 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers] Korea vs Qatar 2013/03/26 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Mar 25, 2013.

1. TheRealSky

TheRealSky Member

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Park Jong-woo is a solid defensive midfielder, but I need to see how he performs when playing on a team that's not as defensively systemized as Hong Myung-bo's U-23 team or Ahn Ik-soo's Busan. Perhaps this year will be a true test for him at Busan under Yoon Sung-hyo.

We need to figure out a way to develop defensive solidity while maximizing both Ki Sung-yong and Koo Ja-cheol. In other words, we need to clone 2K2 Yoo Sang-cheol, Kim Nam-il, or Lee Eul-yong.

TaegukWarrior repped this.
  2. msc43

msc43 Member+

Jul 6, 2011
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    What you're talking about is management. Good management overlaps other players' strengths to cover up individual weaknesses. Bad management takes players out of their skills and positions and plugs them into a system in which they may not be comfortable and not be able to succeed.

PJW played very well in the system the defensive system that HMB utilized. The system played to many of the players' strengths. Since we can't clone the 2002 team, we have to do what we can to emulate what got us there: formulating a system that plays to the players' strengths and performing to a high level with consistency.

Ohhii and Mudang repped this.
  3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Having better CHs would help

4. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Patience my brother :p

[​IMG]

Mudang repped this.
  5. Ohhii

Ohhii Member+

Nov 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Huh... Guess he was bored.

6. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol anyone remember this guy after sons goal. the funny thing is everyone of us here would react the same ways as him :p

Mudang repped this.
  7. jinseokyang

jinseokyang Member+

Feb 28, 2011
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i seriously want to give this guy a hug
    and a huge present for his presence in all our major matches

Mudang repped this.
  8. Mudang

Mudang Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Honestly the envy I have at him regarding the fact he gets to attend so many KNT matches overrides everything. Although yes, would like to give him a hug and talk with him over a couple of beers.

He's like our version of the GROSBLIE banner.

For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about ... there's a German guy (or group) who drape a banner so TV crews can see it. It's actually quite amazing at how many times I've spotted it now.

@ 0:38

@ 2:46

There are way more, watch any major match and chances are he's there. Mad respect for this guy.

[​IMG]

9. HwaRang

HwaRang Member

Feb 16, 2006
    Alexandria, Virginia
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I feel bad for making fun of him earlier :(