2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil: General Discussion

Discussion in 'Bosnia & Herzegovina' started by Bosnian Diamond, Oct 15, 2013.

1. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    so how can he call 24 players??

2. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    I don't get it either he says all will travel to Brazil, but I'm pretty sure you can only register 23 players.

3. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Yeah, it's because of Mujdza just in case he is not fit and recovered from his injury. Safet Susic will have to submit the final list with 23 players a few days before the start of the World Cup. So he can take 24 players, but one of them will not participate in the tournament at all. Probably Anel Hadzic I assume.

Sudžuka and bosna10 repped this.
  4. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013

5. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    At least Besic made it.

Zec would have been a nice addition.

3-4 more names could have been dropped and Ibricic better ********ing do something.

6. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Are those Hajduk fans? I bet some of the Croatian Hajduk fans just don't like Avdia and Tino because they are Bosnian. There is that aspect as well, you know.

I think you guys have to get over the Prcic thing. If Prcic showed up at the U21 training or at least apologized for some of the stuff he said he might have been called up as well. He should come to his senses like Besic did. Besic is definitely more mature.

But great news from Safet Susic overall. Besic + playing with one Striker = best thing we could have hoped for.

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  7. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Ibisevic's recent poor form has been a blessing in disguise.

Having said that, Susic has been trying to play mind games. Keeps saying one thing, does the other.

8. Sudžuka

Sudžuka Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Sasa is a huge Bosnia NT and Velez fan, he is always writing articles and analyzing our team. Most Hajduk fans think that Tino and Avdija aren't good enough, and Tino's half croat I don't think they have anything against him. He's been on the bench a lot since the Egypt match.

Pravi Bosnjak repped this.
  9. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    While i agree that Zec should have been called up, no way is he better than Visca. Unlike Zec, Visca is a more complete 2-way player and has shown that time and time again when playing both for his club and more importantly for the NT. He was one of our better players against Argentina and even before that he played well for the NT showing good playmaking ability and work ethic(especially considering he's mostly coming off the bench).

Hadzjia Sven Susic repped this.
  10. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It's for Anel Hadzic if Mujdza is healthy. He'll drop Anel.

bosna10 repped this.
  11. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    He has the extra in case Mujdza can't go...Most likely Anel Hadzic get cuts when the final 23 need to be sent.

12. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I think that Visca is far more promising than Zec. Visca is also more versatile. He is a attacking midfielder that can be used as a striker. Zec scored two or three goals in the last few matches and everyone thinks he is Messi all of a sudden. Zec scores like 1 goal every 10 games.

13. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    In terms of pure scoring ability i'd give an edge to Zec for sure. We need guys like Visca a lot more though because as you said...more versatile.

14. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    We are over analyzing this now. It's all good. I feel pretty happy about the list. The only negative thing is that Mujdza has not recovered yet.

Medophile repped this.
  15. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It's essentially the same squad we had throughout the qualification round that got us to Brazil plus Susic, Hadzic, and Besic...so I don't really understand where the optimism decreased from what you had before? Ok let's say he called Prcic and Zec instead of someone else. Prcic would not be getting any playing time behind Pjanic, Misimovic, and Medunjanin but would only provide depth at this point. Zec wouldn't either especially if we play with a one striker formation for multiple games . My point is that our chances haven't really decreased as much as they have stayed the same if not increased looking at the current run of form for our core players.

16. Hadzjia Sven Susic

Aug 7, 2011
    Club:
    Cardiff City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Even with Mujdza injured we are going to be OK. Vranjes + Besic should be able to pick up the work.

A 4-5-1 is going to limit the loss of Mujdza if injured. I'm going to wait for the Ivory Coast game to reserve my pessimism/optimism

Mustafa Filipovic repped this.
  17. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Just the fact Besic is in will be a huge lift...Then he changes to 1 striker...No Vrsajevic starting...

Yea our depth isn't very good but maybe that gets fixed during Euros..

18. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Exactly. It would be idiotic to call up 5 brand new players into the squad for a tournament when they haven't been integrated into the team what so ever. You can't do that in a pressure environment like the WC where you don't have a run of games to integrate each player slowly so he get to know the guys better and gets to build an understanding with the others on the team. Prcic, Arslanagic, Scuk, Zec, and some others should be getting called up in the next slate of games starting in the fall after the WC which will make us so much stronger come EC 2016.

Mustafa Filipovic and bosna10 repped this.
  19. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What were your expectations dude?
    The fact that we have Basic now is huge. Our chances are better than before and with Besic we have more depth than before. Especially if we play with only one striker.

Do you really think that Zec or Prcic would automatically turn us into some kind of world cup favorite? Those two players would have been reserve players if called up.
    Also, I bet if Ibricic wouldn't have been called up it would have been Kvrzic instead. That's really not an upgrade either.

20. podrinje

podrinje Member+

Borussia Dortmund
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Oct 10, 2013
    Bay Area!
    Club:
    Alemannia Aachen
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Rep (damn button always invisible for me)

21. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    rep to all of your posts too. The button is gone for me as well :/

22. bosna10

bosna10 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Some of our depth players are pretty decent...Bico for CB(i think most will agree Vranjes is at least a bit better and deserves to start)...Visca....Hajrovic...Medo...Ibricic(he can be good in a smaller role..)...Yea you have guys that suck like Sunjic, Hadzic but that will get fixed in time..

čarobnjak repped this.
  23. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It's not like it changes our starting lineup....

24. FCBM

FCBM Member+

Aug 15, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    It would be smart to start Besic vs Ivory Coast and have him mark Yaya Toure just like he would do with messi vs Argentina

25. Mustafa Filipovic

Dec 11, 2013
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Agree, except I think that Bicakcic is better than Vranjes. I really do. Plus you know I am a Bicakcic fan and hope he transfers to some better club soon.