2014 FIFA WORLD CUP (EA Sports)

Discussion in 'Games' started by HomietheClown, Feb 8, 2014.

1. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  2. soccersubjectively

soccersubjectively BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 17, 2012
    Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    All 203 nations are in it, correct?

3. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--

soccersubjectively repped this.
  4. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    -Good thing: we're finally able to play with those national teams that are not licensed in the regular fifa games.
    -Bad things:
    1) No release for PS4, Xbox One, PC.
    2) This should have been a DLC, but instead it's gonna be a separate game that we'll have to pay full price for.
    3) EA added 2 or 3 features and will launch the game marketing it as a "whole new experience".

I just hope that the money they get from this goes to the development of Fifa 15.

By the way, what are we gonna play in this game? Friendly matches? cause the main thing in Fifa is the Ultimate team... at least for most people.
    If there are not many game modes I hope the price is not as high as Fifa 14. If it's reasonable, I'll probably buy it.

5. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    #5 HomietheClown, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    I think we were able to do that in the last World Cup game too. As for the bad things.:

1) I do find it strange that there's no mention of PS4 and Xbox One. Maybe the announcement will come later??
    I personally have held out in purchasing the the next generation consoles for reasons such as this (And other reasons) so I am quite happy. :D

2) The DLC for FIFA 12 (EURO2012) was okay but EA received many complaints due to glitches and the content just feeling like FIFA 12 with new stadiums and teams. Not much excitement in that.

I like the fact EA came out with a new World Cup game because it will feel differently just as World Cup 2010 felt differently in game play to FIFA10. Also, I don't want to be forced into purchasing FIFA 14 just to play World Cup 14.

3) Little nuances like Celebrations, Crowd shots, ceremonies, Winning celebrations etc. make the World Cup game better in my opinion. Every World Cup game seems to look brighter in colors and vibrancy too. DLC didn't really do those things for Euro 12. So true, it was cheaper but added much less in terms of Pageantry and International competition vibes.
    I also like the fact everyone will be playing at square one. If it were downloadable content people who have been playing FIFA 14 since Septemeber would have a huge advantage.

6. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well I guess you are right about that.

Anyhow, I'm quite sure I read somewhere that the game will not come out for the new generation because the developers of Fifa 15 are too busy working with the new Ignite engine and EA wants to keep them doing that rather than allocate too many resources on a "secondary" title.

7. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Its because next gen consoles have sold terribly in developing countries (like brazil) and they want this game available globally to the largest audience possible. Although it doesn't have ultimate team (which i would in no way call the 'main part of FIFA') , the online world cup mode was amazing in 2010 and im sure it'll be even better in 2014. I for one am incredibly excited for this game, I feared it would be an awful DLC like the Euro game but luckily its a brand new game.

HomietheClown repped this.
  8. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The price for the new consoles is killing the market in developing countries, so EA looked at the financials and decided it was much more lucrative in 2014 to release the game for the 360 and PS3. As I have not bought a next gen console, I am all for this news. Also, I loved the 2010 version of the game, so I'm hopeful that this will be a repeat. Taking the US through qualifying on Legendary level is a real challenge.

HomietheClown repped this.
  9. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
  10. Sean L

Sean L Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    I'm really disappointed that they could not even be bothered to release a DLC that would include the tourney in FIFA 14 for XB1 and PS4. It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles. Just have the tournament brackets and players necessary.

This is probably the first WC video game I won't be getting. I've played them all since '90 too.

11. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    It is the worst because it is not available for next gen console? Really?

12. Sean L

Sean L Member

Jan 7, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    What? Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never commented on the quality of the game! I said I wasn't going to get it that's all. I already gave my PS3 away to my nephew. I'm not going to go out and buy a PS3 again just to play one game.

13. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Whoops. My bad! :p

14. OishiiUdon

OishiiUdon Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I pre-ordered it already...
    Seeing the insane amount of hours that I dedicate to Fifa 14 I predict I'll be quite desperate around April to try something new or anything that smells like fresh air.
    Jeez, where is my life going? Am I the only one?

15. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I did not purchase FIFA 14 because I know from April 15th (when this game arrives) until the World Cup Final in July I am going to be an anti-social soccer Zombie. These last few months have been good for my health and blood pressure. :p

mastermoo repped this.
  16. deoblin

deoblin New Member

Jan 11, 2013
    The game is just awesome but the real bad things is the game will not be available for pc. Actually i am a pc gamer. So, it is a real bad news for me. But i hope EA-sports will launch a pc version of this game.

17. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    a) the game will be be identical to FIFA14 save for the WC skin, music and game modes
    b) the game will cost the same price as FIFA14 while bringing nothing new in terms of gameplay
    c) the game will not be DLC which means EA just wanna gouge loyal FIFA fans even more
    etc

Why do we give into buying the same game twice every four years? EA took a simply soccer simulator and turned it into a cash cow, and they haven't given anything back to the loyal fans that helped bring the FIFA franchise to where it is today

18. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    The game will be different. There will be different teams, different animations, different celebrations, different stadiums, different uniforms, different soccer balls, different boots, different pools of player selections, different managers, different referees, etc.

I love international matches with National teams. Club teams in FIFA get monotonous.

ttrevett repped this.
  19. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    There's a little more to a game than the visuals... and all that stuff isn't new anyway. Different referees? The names you mean?

I remember the only animation that was different in WC 2010 was that they would show the managers pacing the sidelines. Haha

Listen we all love the atmosphere that these games bring and that's why we fork over full price for the same game. The truth is though that they hardly bring any new content to the table and definitly no new gameplay features (they said it themselves, they want devs working on the new engine for next gen consoles)

20. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    We will have to agree to disagree. The game play for FIFA 10 was not te same exact game play in World Cup. It felt different to me in game speed and fluidity. Also the Penalty kicks were different.

The crowed celebrations were different in World Cup 2010 compared to FIFA. The player celebrations were much better too and you could actually control each type by pressing various buttons.

Also you did not touch upon my point about National teams. It is nice to be able to play with different National teams from all over the world and have a deep selection of players to call up and use online compared to FIFA.

I can play with Honduras and take them all the way to World Cup Final online. You just dont get that with FIFA or any other game for that matter..

21. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    World cup '10 was arguably more different than FIFA 10 than fifa 11 was. U must not have played the game, thats when they overhauled the chipping and penaly mechanics, added new commentators, not to mention the 203 fully national teams with players licensed through FIFPro. Even in selecting your team your scrolled across the globe could see nation populations their WC history, you could listen to each national anthem individually while choosing!! The average FIFA games are where they simply update uniforms and stats and add one or two mechanics, but world cup games are where they, once every 4 years, make something completely unique and special. They themselves talked about how they use it as an opportunity to try out new ideas and mechanics before implementing them in wider FIFA Games

Yes you can be mad at them for not bringing it to next generation consoles, but its a joke to say that its just some FIFA 14 Rehash

22. doritos93

doritos93 Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Montreal - Europe
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I've bought every FIFA and every WC game since 2006... I just don't think that commentary and national anthems are reason enough to consider these titles "unique and special"

Like I said, I agree that it's fun to play the game modes and the road to world cup and all the stuff thats specific to these games. But think about this for example... is an online world cup any different from an online tournament apart from the teams and menu skins? As a user, yes the experience changes but from a developers point of view, theres hardly any work that goes into making the game. That's what makes me think that these games are simply another way for EA to make mucho money. I would feel more respected as a customer if they released this stuff as a DLC. As it is now, they're trying to make us believe that it's totally new when it really isn't.

23. mastermoo

mastermoo Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    But that can be said for any FIFA, it can only differ so much. Why even make a FIFA 15 By that logic? They can easily reskin the new jerseys and update the rosters, but the make it for the money.

To expect a completely different game would be holding WC to a completely different standard. Compared it other FIFA games it is very different, if your gonna argue that a game should be dlc then point your finger at FIFA 15 where there will literally be the same teams and players with slight updates. But as for World cup id rather have a brand new game where they can load all new content, instead of some shitty DLC like Euro 2012

24. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I only play with the USNT when playing FIFA, so I'm stoked for this game and having the chance to play against other national teams head to head. Right now with FIFA 13, when playing league matches for some reason teams like Sao Paolo, Santos, Ronaldinho's team, and all the other good Brasilian sides get chosen to play against me. I can't wait for the opportunity to take the US to the World Cup on legendary setting as well. Hopefully they will have all the eligible players so that I can call up my own side to take to Brasil.

One thing that shocked me about FIFA 13 was no Ghana! This version will take care of that though.

I've already pre-ordered my version.