2014 FIFA World Cup draw

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by OldLady, Nov 19, 2013.

1. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I can't wait for this draw. Hope Italy are in a group of death.

2. Melito Irpino

Melito Irpino Member

Feb 17, 2007
    Corona, CA
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    As an Italy fan, I agree. It will toughen them up for the knockout rounds. We had a super easy draw in 2010 and look what happened.

3. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    BALOTELLI TRI COLOUR MOHAWK

TROLLOLOLOLOL BRASIL

RIO IS GOING DOWN

THE SICILIAN GOD IS COMING FOR YOU

**FORZA ITALIA**

Italy will verse Brazil world cup final

ITALIA 5-3 BRASIL NEYMAR CRYING ON THE BRAZIL COACHES SHOULDER

All seriousness though this is gonna be a really entertaining/controversial world cup I can see Argentina trolling Brazil

but I can see a new Winner like Colombia

Rossonero23 repped this.
  4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Italy in pot four for WC draw
    By Football Italia staff

Italy have been placed in pot four for Friday’s World Cup draw in Bahia, FIFA have confirmed today.

The Azzurri are one of nine European teams in the pot, but one of those sides will be drawn as a pot two team for the group stage draw later this week.

It means that two teams from pot four can now be drawn in the same group .

That group will not contain seeds Belgium, Germany, Spain or Switzerland due to competition rules stating that no more than two teams from any one confederation can feature in the same group.

So were Italy to be placed in pot two, they would have to face Brazil, Argentina, Colombia or Uruguay from pot one.

Pot One: Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Spain, Switzerland, Uruguay

Pot Two: Algeria, Cameroon, Chile, Côte d’Ivoire, Ecuador, Ghana, Nigeria

Pot Three: Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Iran, Japan, Korea Republic, Mexico, USA

Pot Four: Bosnia-Herzegovina, Croatia, England, France, Greece, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia

5. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Pablo Armero has something to say about that lol

6. AmericanKaka

AmericanKaka Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    LOLOLOLOL English press coming up with various "Groups of Death" and including England in those groups. Teams will be breathing a sigh of relief if they get England from Pot 4!

Brazil Italy Japan Netherlands... now THAT is a Group of Death!
    Remember how mental the Confed Cup group with 3 of those teams was? Throw in the Dutch instead of a recently woeful Mexico, and it's ON!

7. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    FIFA changed the draw up again so that France doesn't get screwed. This is getting laughable from FIFA how they benefit The French.

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Has anyone heard anything about when the new kits will be released?

9. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

No but i saw this

[​IMG]

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so it seems everyone wants Iran in their group :D cuz we're seeded as one of the weakest teams...haha...are they in for a surprise, cannot wait! I just hope we dont get Italy, that would really be hard for me. Although i'd love to see how we do against Italy...perhaps a friendly before world cup but when it matters, i want both teams to make it so i really hope we dont get grouped like that.

i have a feeling there will be a lot of hard groups this time.... majority of the teams are good this time around, i dont see many teams being pushovers

11. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Ali Daei making a comeback ? I don't think there was or is anybody dangerous on that team since him.

Daei_10 and FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  12. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This sounds like a good idea, maybe italy can have ice cold espresso breaks :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Italy wants drink breaks to counter World Cup heat

ROME - Italy coach Cesare Prandelli has called for the introduction of drink breaks during next year's World Cup in Brazil to counter the debilitating effects of heat and humidity at venues in the tropical northeast.

"You can't even give players water because FIFA want the bottles near the goalposts, which can only be of use when there are corner kicks," he told a meeting with foreign reporters in Rome.

"You are risking a situation where teams will kick the ball out for a corner just to drink something," he said. "It sounds like a joke but in fact it is really serious. We will make this request in the next two days."

FIFA has already rejected calls to reconsider its decision to schedule noon kick-offs for some matches in tropical venues.

However, there remains widespread concern that teams playing in the northeastern cities of Fortaleza, Natal, Salvador and Recife will be subjected to punishing conditions, with temperatures soaring above 30 degrees Celsius.

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    dont brazilian teams play in those type of conditions all the time ?

14. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    elvesuvio repped this.
  15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

he truly was a legend...i dont think anyone will break his 109 international goal record
    and no return for him, he was already too old in 2006 he was 37 lol

we do have some pretty good guys that play in europe....Ghoochanejad (standard Liege) he has like 9 goals in 9 games....Ashkan Dejagah (Fulham) he scored today.... Andranik (used to play for bolton, fulham, blackburn), Nekunam (played for Osasuna of la liga for 5 years) Shojaei (plays in spain) Danial Davari (Einhart keeper in bundesliaga) Jahanbakhsh..young kid who plays in NEC of holland, the rest are domestic players, but not bad

Our coach is the gem....Carlos Queiroz....former real madrid, portugal manager, used to be assistant to Ferguson for many years

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.
  16. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    How much are Iran to win the world cup ?

17. FORZA NAPOLI <3

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Yeah I reckon it will be that, the website is pretty accurate

18. Anthony212

Anthony212 Member

Aug 8, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As long as we're not with Brazil I'll be happy. I wouldn't mind Spain, Italy has them figured out

19. LToni

LToni Member

Nov 25, 2007
    toronto
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm really not sure but my guess would be yes. Even just watching the confederations cup on tv, i felt hot and fatigued lol. Seems like you could almost see the air, if that makes any sense. Looks very humid and muggy.

As for the draw, even if Italy are drawn into a group with 1 strong team, at worst italy will finish 2nd in their group or maybe even win the group if all goes well. I have a strange feeling that Italy will meet Spain again in the group.

20. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To win? lol....no one is even thinkin about that. considering only 8 teams have won it EVER...i dont think many teams actually think about winning the whole thing. These competitions for teams like Iran are all about having a few good memorable games, maybe make the next round or go as far as you can. But most importantly for our young talents to get picked up by Euro teams. So a good performance and a chance for unknown players to shine is what makes it important. Thats how Andranik was picked by Bolton and Nekunam by Osasuna after 2006 world cup.

Also i dont know if any of u remember Rahman Rezai who used to play for Perrugia and Livorno for some years. He was also picked up after a World cup i believe.
    [​IMG]

21. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    WORLD CUP DRAW REHEARSAL:

GROUP A – Brazil, Italy, France, Australia

GROUP B – Uruguay, Nigeria, USA, Croatia

GROUP C – Argentina, Ghana, Costa Rica, Russia

GROUP D – Switzerland, Chile, Japan, Greece

GROUP E – Spain, Ivory Coast, South Korea, England

GROUP F – Colombia, Cameroon, Honduras, Netherlands

GROUP G – Germany, Ecuador, Iran, Portugal

GROUP H – Belgium, Algeria, Mexico, Bosnia-Herzegovina

22. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Prandelli scoffs at World Cup draw
    By Football Italia staff

Cesare Prandelli reveals he and Didier Deschamps “did not enjoy” seeing Italy paired with France in a World Cup draw rehearsal.

The Azzurri boss told Rai Sport how he felt when flying over to Costa do Sauipe, in Bahia, for tomorrow’s official draw.

“The virtual draw yesterday was a little game I did not enjoy. The Coach of France, Deschamps, was sitting next to me on the flight and he didn’t enjoy it either.”

Italy were picked in Group A with Brazil, France and Australia, something all four nations will be hoping doesn’t repeat itself in the real thing on Friday at 16.00 GMT, though the draw itself is not expected until 16.45 GMT.

The draw will be performed by legends Fabio Cannavaro, Ronaldo, Marcos Cafu,Zinedine Zidane, Lothar Matthaus, Mario Kempes, Alcides Ghiggia and reportedly also Pele.

“I’d say FIFA should reconsider the draw issue in future, especially as I’ve been told we are now seventh in the world ranking again. That makes it a bizarre situation.”

Rossonero23 repped this.
  23. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What's the purpose of a rehearsal ??? So that FIFA can weight the balls to their liking ????

24. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    stupid rehearsal

why do they always pair teams that have played each other?? people wanna see new match ups. They paired iran with portugal and germany, the 2 teams we faced last 2 world cups....fukkin hell i dont care about tough teams, just gimme someone we never had.

Also, why would the hosts get such a hard group? if for any reason they dont make 2nd round it'll be a disaster

25. elvesuvio

elvesuvio Member+

Feb 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    any chance of getting portugal in our group? my house would be a war zone...LOL

FORZA NAPOLI <3 repped this.