2014 FIFA WORLD CUP: CONCACAF In Brazil | General Discussion

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jan 18, 2014.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Costa Rica is hosting Paraguay. Honduras is hosting Venezuela.

2. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    What Evans said.

Here's the squad too. We have a lot of newbies called-up.. "El Buba" whose 19, Bryan Acosta whose 18, Henry Clark and Walter Williams get their first call-up and so does Rommel Quioto, who gets his first senior team call-up since early last year in a friendly.

Porteros: Noel Valladares (C.D. Olimpia), Donis Escober (C.D. Olimpia), Luis "El Buba" Lopez (Real Espana)

Defensores: Arnold "El Caracol" Peralta (Rangers FC), Walter Williams (C.D. Real Sociedad), Maynor Figueroa (Hull City AFC), Victor "El Muma" Bernardez (San Jose Earthquakes), Bryan Acosta (Real Espana), Emilio Izaguirre (Celtic FC), Henry Clark (C.D. Real Sociedad), Juan Carlos "El Oso" Garcia (Wigan Athletic)

Mediocapistas: Jorge "El Pitbul" Claros (C.D. Motagua), Edder "El Camellus" Delgado (Real Espana), Luis Garrido (C.D. Olimpia), Oscar Boniek Garcia (Houston Dynamo), Andy Najar (R.S.C. Anderlecht), Roger "El Kong-Fu" Espinoza (Wigan Athletic), Marvin "El Hijo de Viento" Chavez (Colorado Rapids)

Delanteros: Diego Reyes (C.D. Marathon), Rony "El Matador" Martinez (C.D. Real Sociedad), Jerry Bengtson (New England Revolution), Jerry Palacios (LDA Alajuelense), Rommel Quioto (C.D. Olimpia)

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Roger Espinoza out with an injury, Mario "El Zurdo" Martinez called-up to replace him.

4. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    http://www.diez.hn/inicio/495600-228/confirman-juegos-de-honduras-en-road-to-brazil

So in this big ole Pre-World Cup Friendly Extravaganza, we get pitted with phuckin Turkey and Israel (again), two pretty sh1tty ass teams compared to what we originally were dealt.. They better bring their phuckin A-Teams, phuckin scrubs.

So our Pre-World Cup friendly schedule looks like this:

May 29th - Honduras vs Turkey - RFK Stadium in DC.

June 1st - Honduras vs Israel - BBVA Compass Stadium in Houston.

June 7th - Honduras vs England - Sun Life Stadium in Miami

IASocFan repped this.
  5. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Turkey are no push over, especially with their full squad.

I don't see Honduras getting a win against them if they bring their full squad.

LGRod repped this.
  6. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    But they probably won't being their full squad. They have no reason to since they aren't in the World Cup and their players are coming like a week off from their seasons ending.

smh this is what I'm sayin, we got the short end of the stick, only real squad we'll be facing is England cuz they are going to the World Cup and are forced to bring their best squad.

Israel and Turkey are of no use to prepare for Switzerland or France, these are both teams significantly better than both especially if the latter bring their B sides.

7. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats better scheduling than the USA.

LOL, great job USSF of scheduling the country that will be in a civil war in a few weeks!

8. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ukraine will be hungry for a win with this turmoil going on.

The country feels its at war and its going to show, those players are going to leave their blood on the field and they're going to let a lot out on the field and they're going to take it out on the USMNT.

9. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think the players care about soccer right now. They are more worried about not being murdered.

Their players are also in terrible form. The league has been not been active in the last few months, and the start of the season was postponed, so a lot of the players haven't played a game in a long time.

10. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

n1gga this aint no phuckin movie. phuck outta here, this aint for Sparta, b1tch. lmaoo n1gga they wanna stay home with their families and make sure they're safe. They aint worried about no phuckin soccer friendly in Cyprus, they worried about their phuckin futures and if they gonna see next year.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  11. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    lol well if that's the case they should probably just cancel the game then?

12. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I don't understand Eubonics.

13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Maybe you will understand this. The players are worried about their day to day safety. A soccer friendly doesn't matter to the players. Probably the only reason that the game is still being played is because the USA would have no one else to play in March.

14. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    That's probably what the Ukrainian Federation prefers, but there are two teams involved. The game is being played because the USA can't go without a March friendly in the lead up to the WC. If we were in the year 2015, I doubt this game would be played.

15. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel beat Honduras 2-0 last year. Israel is not elite but still can get impressive results like a draw at Portugal last year. The UEFA countries start Euro qualifying in September, so even the countries who didn't qualify for the World Cup have something to prepare for.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see 3 Shit opponent ;)

17. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Beat us 2-0 in a friendly where we experimented a lot with the squad. I think it was a run-up to Copa Oro. Israel probably will bring a more watered down squad from that one aswell, which makes it even worse. Lets not kid around here, I expect an all-Turkish League squad and all-Israeli League squad, theres no incentives for their European based players to be called-up for friendlies a week after their intense seasons have ended all the way in the USA bruh. I'll change my opinion once I see the likes of phuckin Arda Turan and Nuri Sahin on the squad sheet and the same for Israel with Hemed (?) and Aouate (idk if he still plays abroad).

18. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Israel doesn't have players on elite clubs. Aouate has only 5 games this season for Mallorca, who are 12th in Spain's Segunda Division.

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    They have a lot of players starting in mid-table clubs in important leagues... Atar, Schecter, Benayoun, Hemed, Kayal, Ben Haim, Sahar etc. etc. An all Israeli side doesn't exactly prepare for Elite European teams in Switzerland and France. While El Salvador get elite sides, SPAIN and Ivory Coast.. I would've been happy with Bosnia and Ghana, but we got Israel and Turkey whose good, but pending on they bring. No Yilmaz and Turan and company then its wackkkk.

20. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As for the seven Israelis you named, here are their clubs according to Wikipedia:

Eliran Atar is on Reims who is seventh in Ligue 1 with a chance at the Europa League
    Itay Shechter is on Nantes who is fifteenth in Ligue 1
    Yossi Benayoun is on Queens Park Rangers who is fourth in League Championship
    Tomer Hemed is on Mallorca in the Segunda Division (same club as Aouate)
    Beram Kayal is on Celtic who lead the Scottish Premier League
    Tal Ben Haim is on Standard Liege is first in Belgium
    Ben Sahar is on Arminia Bielefeld who last season earned promotion from the Bundesliga 3 to the Bundesliga 2 but Arminia Bielefeld is currently in the relegation zone

So three of those seven clubs are pretty good (Reims, Celtic, and Standard Liege). I do hope Israel uses their best players against Honduras. Unlike USA and Honduras as long as they remain in the top six in CONCACAF which is easy to do, Israel's FIFA Ranking affects their World Cup qualifying seeding and how hard a group they get.

21. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Yossi a beast though.. Itay and Nantes were at 4th a couple of weeks ago, Hemed is a proven goal scorer in La Liga and Asenco, Kayal has another Israeli friend at Celtic, Haim forever a beast, Sahar a beast to.

I like Israel, but lets be honest, an all Israeli league XI will really make this sour for anyone, cuz there were World Cup sides that this organizer of this tourney could've given us instead. CIV, Ghana, Bosnia, and Spain... idk why World Cup sides couldn't tune up against other World Cup sides, especially since we're not in the same group. Noones happy about this friendly.

22. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yo I guess manny was right rotfl

sidspaceman repped this.
  23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    dem boys wasn't motivated, USA just trash.

24. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ok.

25. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    With Nigeria playing with 9 starters from their last WCQ game in todays lineup, it should be a decent opposition.

GrandeSoccer repped this.