2014 FIFA WORLD CUP: CONCACAF In Brazil | General Discussion

Discussion in 'CONCACAF' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jan 18, 2014.

1. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    How can you see it when Mexico hasnt played a relevant game since last year?

2. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Torino is 6th in Serie A. Does that make them a top club?

I applaud Dos Santos for finding a club that is on the up, but Villarreal is far from a top team in La Liga. It takes years to build up a reputation as a top team. Villarreal was in the second division last year. They are going to need to sustain this play to build up their reputation, and even then I am not sure that 5th place in La Liga qualifies as a top team.

3. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    Villareal > Everton. A team who hasnt been to the Europa League since 2009 is far from being a top club, keep dreaming tho.

LGRod repped this.
  4. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Villareal>Everton

agreed

semis of a champions league,

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Its still the same group of players, so I can tell from club form. The talent that you guys think that you have just isn't there. With Vela it might be an improvement, but that is a pipe dream since he hasn't played for Mexico in almost three years and hasn't committed to the team for this summer. The current group of players is the same group that struggled in 2013. The coach will only make a minor difference. Its still the same group of players that lacks the necessary talent to compete with the best in the world.

6. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    LOL. Everton wasn't relegated to the second division.

7. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    La Liga> Serie A

LGRod repped this.
  8. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    And you still dont know how football works. Plenty of teams struggle through certain periods of time only to improve with changes, Mexico has always had players to compete, 5 knock out stage appearances in 5 WC shows that, something the US cant say.

9. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    And you're not a top club if you just hang on to the first division. Everton is not, sorry.

Its all about current form btw, if Villareal makes it to the European Competitions this year, being in the second division last year will be meaningless.

jared9999 repped this.
  10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    That is what you quoted my post for? Why did you ignore the rest of it?

11. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    This isn't about the USA. The current team that Mexico has does not have the talent to compete with the World's best teams. The truth hurts.

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    So far though, they have been in the second division more recently than European Competitions. Its hard to call them a top club in a top league before they prove something more than just a good start to the season.

13. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    #38 JohnnyFutbol, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014

Villarreal have been involved in European competitions consistently in their history than the one year in the Segunda.

***insults removed ****

And take your***.

icybauer repped this.
  14. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    It doesnt have the talent to compete with the worlds best 8, but it has the talent to be within the worlds best 16 like every WC, truth hurts.

Just like in the Confed Cup, Mexico cant compete with the Brazils, Italys of the world, but it can compete with the Japans.

15. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    And its hard to call Everton a top club as well when they have been 5 years without getting to European Competitions.

16. IASocFan

IASocFan Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 13, 2000
    IOWA
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The recent posts remind me of 5 year-olds' name calling. Please keep focus on the teams - not each other. Like most teams Everton and Villareal have been up and down. None of them are at the Real/Barca/United level nor at the perennial second or third division team.

17. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    #42 ussoccer97531, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Am I talking to myself in this thread or are you ******* arguing with me?

I'll end this discussion for the sake of the thread.

18. diegolin89

diegolin89 Member+

Jul 13, 2008
    The great problem with ussoccers assessment that Mexico cant compete in the WC due to 2013 is that its a flawed logic that has been proven wrong time after time. Under that same logic, people said Mexico would not qualify to 2002 WC because of the Enrique Meza era with a horrible Confed Cup 2001, then losing to Costa Rica at the Azteca and then being raped by Honduras. But, of course people with that flawed logic were wrong, Mexico did qualify and showed up competitive at the WC.

Under that same logic, people said Mexico was in great danger of qualifying to WC 2010 after only getting to the Hex with a late goal by Vuoso and begging mercy to Honduras in the road and if they did qualify they would be an embarrassment. But, of course people with that flawed logic were wrong, as Mexico showed up competitive again.

Thats the problem with this guy and what bothers me is, theres just no backing up to the shit he says.

19. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    South Korea 1-1 in Concacaf so far.

20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    @IASocFan, I apologize for missing your post telling us to cut it out. I hadn't seen the post you wrote at the time that I responded to the other poster. I am only seeing this now. My apologies to you.

21. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1-2.

Not a good showing by S Korea.

Shit Costa Rica is also not looking good, but I think we know they are not very deep.

22. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I usually don't put any stock in domestic sided friendlies.

23. Pumas111

Pumas111 Member

Feb 3, 2014
    Oxnard
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Mexico has the best chance of advancing; however, they're screwed in the second round. Hoping for the best for the Concacaf.

24. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    So another Mexico US friendly is coming.

Overachiever repped this.
  25. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Do Honduras and CR have friendlies lined up next week?