2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group B

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Nurafshon, Mar 9, 2012.

1. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I hope that Jordan will make it to the playoffs.
    Don't like Oman. They are just grassrolling, and just came through the third round by surprise.
    Jordan won against the likes of Japan and Australia at least.

3. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Oman beat Australia in the previous round, and tied both their games against Australia this round (including the away game).

4. Whispered11

Whispered11 Member+

U.C. Sampdoria
    Japan
    Oct 4, 2011
    Munich, Germany
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Oman would deserve this more than Jordan. Le Guen made a great effort.

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Le Guen is an amazing coach. He has to go to a better team. Oman does everything in order to win, faking injury's..

6. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine

Yeah but Oman got the results on the road. Jordan has been abysmal away from home. 6-0, 4-0, 2-1, 1-0.

They didn't pick up any results away from Amman. Uzbekistan should take care of business over two legs based on the evidence presented to us.

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Not really true. Jordan is very poor away, but Oman got 9 points. 6 of them were against Jordan and Iraq at home. 1 draw in Muscat against Australia, and 2 draws in Australia and Doha (against Iraq)

I think it'll be very close :D

8. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

as far as results go...no one parks the bus better than us. if afc wanted us to get 3 straight 0-0 draws in brazil WE WILL DO IT

AKITOD repped this.
  9. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think its more to do with playing away. They did beat us and Japan at home, but ended up with a combined 10-0 deficit against both of us away. Its this away form that could get them into trouble against Uzbekistan. I hope whoever wins the playoff doesn't think they are wasting their time. We have played South American nations in playoffs 3 times and have won 2 and drawn 1 of our home games (against Argentina who made the final of the two previous tournaments). Whoever wins is capable of defeqating any South American team at home. the important thing is not to give up too many goals away.

10. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Germany also managed to put 4 past England and Argentina so I don't feel too bad about that result.

11. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    did you mean to say defeating or defecating? :D

12. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Depends on how much they defeat them by:D

Dohahah repped this.
  13. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    Well done to Jordan for picking up the last play off spot. Personally i would have preferred Oman finish third as i see them as the next strongest team and more likely to go further than Jordan. Jordan are no more than grass rolling cowards the way they play their football.
    The Middle East teams need to harden up as they are an embarrassment to Asian football with their theatrics. Many people respected Iraqs efforts against Aust but had no time for their cheating grassrolling ways. That cost Iraq many genuine admirers.

mdhm and hoos repped this.
  14. hoos

hoos Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Australia
    Had to laugh when the Aussies kept playing while yet another Iraqi was rolling around. That's what it's come down to now, just play for the ref's whistle and forget about 'sportsmanship' or 'etiquette'. It's sad, because if someone is genuinely injured you just don't know anymore.

15. Loyalty

Loyalty Member

Jun 25, 2006
    Australia
    That's the only hesitation i have. One day someone will be genuinely hurt, Aust play on not knowing he was really hurt and score a goal and then we look bad.
    I wonder if some type of rule can be brought in that if a player goes down and ends up needing a stretcher to take them off then they should have to stay off for 3 minutes or something like that.
    Players will then think twice about feigning injury.

16. zhuangzi

zhuangzi Member

Feb 7, 2008
    Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I'm starting to think that Asian football is just this huge distraction that's been invented so people can talk about things other than the Iran - South Korea bromance.

17. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Yep- this is Group B. The group of champions. :)

I'll say again, group B. ;)

Some of you may notice posts have gone missing. If I see any more- they will be carded. Thanks lads.