2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (II) [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Txtriathlete, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'll give you all the koobideh and ghormeh sabzi for the rest of your life if Korea's actions cause Iran to qualify for the WC. You guys screwed us over in 2009.

2. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    With an Iranian head coach, you would definitely see Iran sitting back if we scored....an Iranian coach would have actually gone more defensive in his 2nd half substitutions against Uzbekistan because he would figure that Uzbekistan is dominating the match and Iran should be lucky getting the draw (ie. a result).

nimaa repped this.
  3. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Under Carlos Queiroz? Playing in Tehran? [​IMG]

teammellieIRANfan, Txtriathlete and !Bob repped this.
  4. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    bahrains citizen population is minimum four, maximum six times larger than qatars citizen population.

5. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    the obesity issue is a major problem.

Edit by Tex: No Baiting.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  6. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    If you're going to resort to random attacks, at least say something that's not going to make you look silly. Iran may not be the world's richest nation but when it comes to starving populace, not the best of examples. More often such comments are directed at various African countries like Ethiopa or in Asian nations, it would be more North Korea.

Go back, rethink your attack and hopefully you won't end up looking silly next time.

Mani and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Dont worry he says he is an "iranophile". He has made outrageous claims about Iranian ethnicities, refered to the gulf as arabian, made excuse for Irans whopping of bahrain trying to take away from Team Mellis amazing performance that match. And now this ridiculous claim.
    But at the end of the day he says he is an "iranophile", so it must be true :laugh:

nimaa and Mani repped this.
  8. Perspolis#1

Perspolis#1 Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Quieroz must keep attacking and I'm sure he will. I hope to see Dejagah back with Aghili. After seeing Korea's goals, it is evident that Qatar has trougle guarding set pieces and corners. Aghili and Hosseini would be great for those situations. Service by Dejagah could really be the difference.

At no point should we become more defensive. However, if we do establish a 2-0 lead, we should bring in a holding midfielder like Pejman Nouri. Keep an attacker in and build the play more slowly.

9. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    you gotta admit his approach to uzbekistan was wrong. there is no justification to get clearly outplayed by uzbekistan even if it is on the moon.

10. hajsafi

hajsafi Member

Jun 9, 2012
    To the Qataris here:

I used to have Al-Kass on satellite, but it for some reason was changed into Al-Kass PLUS. Does anyone know the Al-Kass PLUS schedule, and whether it will show the Iran-Qatar match on Tuesday?

Thanks

11. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    I don't know. First game in the group, take a point at least away from home against an Uzbek side that everyone always talks about as darkhorses.

To get outplayed by Uzbekistan in Uzbekistan is not against the norm. Put it this way, I wouldn't expect any different from a Japan, South Korea or Australia, expecially in the first game.

What Iran did, was upset Uzbekistan, they (and now Lebanon) have practically ended their automatic qualification chances and after only two games. Uzbek's style might now be different. They have a new coach who might try different ideas thinking that top two is out of reach realistically, so to change tact to get that 3rd place.

Irna winning in Uzbekistan and them failing to get 4 points or more at this stage does really open up 3rd spot. A Qatar who showed at home that they aren't ready to be on the big stage might just get that 3rd spot for the Conmebol tie due to other nations rebuilding rather than doing what would have been expected.

teammellieIRANfan, !Bob and Mani repped this.
  12. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    o'zbek can still finish in the automatic places doobyfire.

its still very early to say anything. o'zbek will also play with less pressure now and thats when they usually do better. they also do better against the bigger teams which dont park the bus.

13. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Anything less than direct qualification out of this group is unacceptable.

14. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    السلام عليكم

how come it changed? maybe alkass changed their frequency? maybe someone in one of the arab gulf countries can help you because im not there so i dont know whats going on. maybe the frequency changed. best thing you get alkass because alkass plus will not show the match. if you want, you can watch it online from alkass website. where do you live btw? arent iran going to broadcast the game too?

15. Ferdosi

Ferdosi Member

Oct 6, 2004
    An inferiority complex is a feeling of intense insecurity.

[​IMG]

16. hajsafi

hajsafi Member

Jun 9, 2012
    persian gulf :p

yeah, i am also thinking the frequency changed, and i doubt that al kass plus will show it.
    The al kass website doesnt allow people in Canada to watch the world cup qualifiers online, I tried watching the iran/uzbek game too but it didnt let me.

It looks like Iran is only broadcasting the game in iran, because al-jazeera sports bought the rights for the global broadcast and are charging a ridiculous amount of money for other countries if they want to broadcast in other countries. So i cant watch on iranian channels either it seems. This is what i have heard though, so it might not be accurate, im not sure

That is why south korea didnt broadcast the SK-Qatar game globally...

17. ShaRule

ShaRule Member

May 5, 2005
    Belgium - Iran
    Yea we have to watch from non iranian channels..

So what's the news of Qatar? Heard Lawrence is injured?
    For iran midfielder jabari is out.

18. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    i meant the arab countries of the gulf, brother. persian gulf, arabian gulf, forgive me if i said it before, i use both terms and i dont fuss about which one to use. we're all muslims :)

http://www.alkass.net/trdd2.aspx
    these are the frequencies but im not an expert and i dont know how these can help you in canada.
    i know people who have something called dish network and they have aljazeera on it.

alkass online was made primarily for the qatari students in north america. how come it doesnt work in canada?

19. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    muslims, mamals, homo sapiens... whatever we're, the body of water has a name and it's not what you like to call it. This body of water has had this name for the better part of the past 3000 years. Do you see Russians trying to call the Caspian Sea, the Russia Sea or us Iranians calling the Gulf of Oman the Iranian Gulf? What about Indians and Pakistanis calling the Arabian sea, the South East Asian Sea, Indian Sea or Pakistani Sea?

You guys are the ones causing an issue out of NOTHING. Secterianism and tribalism in the arab world means that you can't even let the name of a body of water go!

20. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    i dont know whats going on lol. past couple of days ive been thrown around with assignments :laugh:
    i think two midfielders are out but im not sure. im not optimistic, i think we have already lost before even playing.

ShaRule repped this.
  21. Iranianfootie

Iranianfootie Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Places have names. And it's important to refer to something by its correct entity. For example, there is an Arabian Sea. What if I call it the Persian Sea? And just say we are all Muslims so there is no need to make fuss about it. Or you can do what Americans do and just call it the Gulf...which implictly indicates the Persian Gulf.

Mani and nimaa repped this.
  22. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    why do you need to argue over it? its all relative to where you are from anyways

Dohahah repped this.
  23. nimaa

nimaa Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Who's arguing? We're correcting his mistake. And don't wanna be rude but what do you care? If some Japanese dude starts calling a Korean named landmark, province, land... by a Japanese name, you would try to correct him/her as well.

You can't just wake up one day and say I want to call the Pacific Ocean, the Arabian Ocean!!!

ShaRule repped this.
  24. Dohahah

Dohahah Member

Feb 21, 2012
    US, Qatar
    Club:
    Al Sadd SC Doha
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    its just a name, calm down
    ottomans called it the sea of basra because of a german who also later named it sea of misendim. now they still use the name sea of basra. the arabs used to call it gulf or sea of bahrain. the english call egypt "egypt" but the real name is masr. the english call hungarians "hungarians" but their real name is magyars. the mediterranean sea is called white sea by some east european nationalities. the english call india "india" but the real name is bharata. names dont mean anything.

today it should be called the american gulf.:ROFLMAO:

25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    because I don't want this thread fcked over again over petty political stuff. when multiple countries border a body of water it's natural there's disputes over the name. this just isn't the thread for it

Dohahah repped this.