2014 FIFA WC QLF, AFC: Group A (II) [R]

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Txtriathlete, Jun 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Move along guys, if your team fails to make it to the WC, go cheer for Spain as if it's your own country. :ROFLMAO:
    Like all the Persians I know :rolleyes:

2. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    who cares about Spain? I do not care about Spain and any other national team when they play.

3. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    more respect to iraq. coming from an american

Mussab86 repped this.
  4. bambibambi

bambibambi New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    The idiots derailing this thread.. :cautious:

shinović89 repped this.
  5. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    My friend, let's forget about Haydarov, and don't be sad to uzbek people just because of his attitudes, otherwise we also didn't feel well when AZADI whistled our anthem.

''Calling Gucci head offside! WTF?'' - Which minute was it? I missed somethingo_O
    ''Not accepting our correct goal'' - Yes, that was a clear goal.
    ''Your goal was not even right because the referee should not have given free kick to your team.'' - That is your opinion, IMO there was a clear foul to Tursunov, referee was right. Referee might give Tursunov a red card, but still I believe that he didn't do it intentionally, he apologised immediately. Referee also could give a red card to M. Nori instead of yellow according to FIFA red card rules.
    ''giving yellow card to Dejagah'' - and Haydarov for nothing at the same time, anyhow these yellow cards absolutely didn't affect the final result.
    ''Not seeing our corner in final minutes and other mistakes too'' - The game actually finished after the corner, and 4 minutes was already over.

And it is hard to believe that the referee was in our side from the beginning, he just made some mistakes in our favor and that's all. And I may forget the previous matches of Iran, but those games could give us an overall view of how Iran is actually playing nowadays. Personally, I believe that your coach is just can't able to manage the team.

Uzbekistan2006 repped this.
  6. bambibambi

bambibambi New Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Club:
    Ulsan Horang I
    I did not watch the match, but I have witnessed the referee making many lopsided decisions. Just my $0.02.

7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Again, the same old characters who were absent from the discussions here last month when Iran beat Korea with 10 men, suddenly make an appearance on this thread, as soon as Iran loses a match, in order to relieve themselves. It's amazing how inferiority-complexed certain posters are. It must have been very hard for them growing up in Iran's neighborhood, and having to live in the shadow of big bad Iran, in pretty much everything, from culture, to science and sports. They just can't help it.

As for Iran's goal, all the refereeing experts interviewed about the goal, have stated that it was was a clear legit goal. There was no obstruction of any kind as the player was not interfering with the goalie and was standing a good one meter away from him. The assistant referee did not even raise his flag for a good 5 seconds after the goal had been scored, which means it was a premeditated fix. Also, usually when there is the slightest possibility of offside, the opposition players are the first ones to raise their hand and protest, but all the Uzbek players were actually in a defeated mood for having conceded a goal that even they knew was clean and should had counted.

8. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    And to all the East Asians and the other neutrals here who think there was no ill-intentions on the part of the Arab referee and this is just a conspiracy theory by the Iranians. Just take a look at this very thread we're on, and how suddenly various Arab posters are coming here just to "rub it in" because Iran lost, and not even against an Arab team. Now imagine if one of these individuals was actually a referee in charge of an Iran match, do you really think he or she would be fair to Iran? Referees are humans too, just like the posters here, with various cultural biases. The fact is most Arabs hate Iranians, and most Iranians hate Arabs. That's just a fact, and I'm not assigning blame for it. Iranians are as much to blame for it, as Arabs. But when you have a crucial WCQ match involving Iran, putting an Arab referee from a neighboring Arab country that Iran has a territory dispute with, in charge of Iran's faith, is questionable to say the least. That's why I suspect Qatar's influence in AFC was somehow involved in the decision to appoint a UAE referee for this match.

9. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yes there was, as the player who was offside at all moment never stop to move during the whole play, which is the basic requirement about a player in the goal zone who is in offside position (which isn`t an offense, if there is no attempt to play the ball) and doesn`t want to get involved in the play (much better, would have been if the player in the offside position, makes a clear gesture to abandon the pitch and only come back aftter the referee allows him to do so). If the offside player would have stayed still and not move during the whole play, maybe you would have a point, but as he didn't, he was clearly trying to gain an advantage, or at least trying to distract the goalkeeper from attempting to do his work. Once an offside is called out, whatever happens afterwards isn't legit, so there was no disallowed goal here.
    ;)

10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You obviously have no clue about the offside rule and what constitutes interference. That's your interpretation of the rule though, and you're entitled to it. But you're no expert, and all the refereeing experts, and even the Uzbek crew themselves say it was a legit goal, and that's all that counts.

Here is the headline in one of Denmark's biggest newspapers about the referee:

"Disqualified a goal for Iran - got a hug from the opponent"

11. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    First many of you guys start rubbing all kind of "cowshit" in regards to arab world, and afterwards you complain and wonder why, you get lots of people posting replies to your very first allegations.
    That's a "cry baby" and very unsportsmanship atitude.

Here you guys lost fair and square, the same way you guys beat them back at their home last time you played against them. The referee, wasn't to blame here.
    It was only TM, whom you should look, for the ones to guilt for.
    ;)

12. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well you don`t know what the IFAB says in respect to it, which as you don`t know, is the only authority in regards to the rules of the game here, and it says that the only opinion regarding the posssibility of causing distraction of a player, is given to the referee.

The rest of opinions, (and yes, also my own), become "peanuts" for this matter.

Anyhow :
    http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/footballdevelopment/refereeing/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2012_e.pdf

(Page 109, law 111-offside guidance to referee's, figure 7 and its respectful explanation, which clearly states that the player must not (in bold, as in the refered text) make any movement or gesture which deceives or distracts the goalkeeper, which wasn`t the case here as he really tried to get involved in the play, moving at all times)

Uzbekistan2006 and Umid repped this.
  13. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    there is no conspiracy to help Qatar.

Mudang and Umid repped this.
  14. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Yes, standing your ground a good meter away from the goalkeeper doesn't constitute "movement which deceives or distracts the goalkeeper". For that to happen, you'd need the player to be waving in his hand in the keeper's face, or standing right in front of him and obstructing his movement, none of which has happened here and the player was a meter away. That's what the referees who have reviewed the tape, have said. You're not a referee, nor are you qualified to comment on this.

15. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually, it's a very strong possibility, given Qatar's history of doing this kind of things in AFC, and their notorious level of corrupting influence in Asian football.

That's beside the point though. Conspiracy or no conspiracy, the UAE referee screwed Iran, and most likely it was by design and premeditated, for one reason or another.

16. Rickdog

Rickdog Member+

Jun 16, 2010
    Santiago, Chile
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He wasn`t standing his ground as you say so, he was moving at all times along with the play. Besides he wasn`t somewhere around in the penalty area, but inside the goal area. For that matter, he could be 3 meters from the goalkeeper (actually it was only 1 meter as you say so), and still will constitute a distraction to him, which you are confusing with direct obstruction, which is not the case here. Fortunately, the referee of the game thought about it, the same way as I did, and I believe that anyone who actually plays as goalkeeper would understand what I'm telling you. At that precise point, any opposing player constitutes a menacing distraction and more so, if he is in an offside position.

Oh yes, I'm no referee myself, but in my younger years, did play lots of soccer at diferent levels (almost played pro, but decided for career instead), and almost all of the time as goalkeeper, so I might have a clue about the issue due to it.

Umid repped this.
  17. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    _EDIT: I don't refer to all Iranian posters here (though bits can relate to some of them), just AIL1998 right now cause I find his comments hilariously ridiculous_

To summarise what you said:
    1. There were decisions against you.
    - Korea and Japan deal with this crap every round and to varying degrees on most away fixtures, the reason why they qualify is cause they're good enough to rise above it. That video I posted vs. Uzbekistan; Japan was also disallowed a goal as well as the captain sent off, and coach sent off (for giving instructions to his players after the first red) not to mention dozens of other decisions. I use that example, but there are several games (eg Japan v Qatar 2011 Asian Cup) and I'm sure a Korean poster could dole out examples too. Deal with it, it's part of AFC.

Even if it shouldn't be like this, dealing with the reffing is part of the AFC WCQ challenge and if you can't deal with it over the 8 games you fail the challenge.

2. Excuses about the federation including coaching appointment excuses.
    Okay well we could sit here and go:
    IF Iran had the youth development of the Netherlands..
    IF Iran had the football popularity of Brazil..
    IF Iran had the federation like Germany..
    IF Iran had Pep Guardiola as coach with Hiddink as assistant..

Then iran would be a beasty team lololololol and because Iran don't have all these things the team isn't winning so we'll bitch about that.
    I have no problem with people acknowledging their federation isn't perfect, but you talk as if the "perfect federation" is something other countries all have and Iran are the only ones robbed of this right. The countries with good federations worked hard and made the right decisions to get it, it didn't just sprout from nowhere.

Btw, what makes you think somebody like Pekerman or Hiddink would even bother to read an offer from the Iran federation? I'm pretty sure for one that Pekerman declined Japan. You're talking like Iran had all the worlds coaches waiting on the edge of their seat for an offer and Iran simply chose wrong. Also, I remember the Asian Cup and hearing all this and that about Ghotbi and wanting him out, so no the Iran fans as a whole I don't think unanimously thought Ghotbi sacking was a mistake (I thought he was doing rather well) simply cause of ridiculous expectations and excuses.

Also I find it hilarious that you're willing to give qualification to Korea & Uzbekistan based on this game, Iran are 1 point behind with 3 games to go. Give me a f**king break.
    If Iran don't qualify, it's cause their squad is not good enough.

Mudang repped this.
  18. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said my comments were ridiculous here. You can have any idea about my comments but I did not like ridiculous word here.

You said Japan deal with it every time. You should not expect that from other countries. For example, Ireland missed last WC with referee mistake. Is that fair to tell them Spain and Germany deal with that every time and you should improve like them?? I do not think so. No one expects that a small country like Ireland improves like Spain or Germany. I mean there should be investigation that the referees do not favor any team on the purpose. Referees are human and make mistake but they should not do that on the purpose. If they do there should be reaction for it.
    I did not talk about football popularity and youth developement even though we need to improve in second one a lot.
    Having a bad federation can hurt a lot. There is talk about the resignation of our football federation president. Most of coaching selections and removals were wrong and his profession is not even football. This is almost all Iranians idea.

(Ali Daei said after Lebanon game why we blame coach or players all the time? He said we should blame the president who choose this coaching staff. They asked him CQ is a big name? He said I agree but he was not successful as Number one in senior level as far as he followed football. He said we must consider his resume as number 1 before hiring a coach. So if we had a knowledgeable federation the situation could be better. Iran played better under all previous coaches It had before CQ. Everyone agrees on that)

I think We should have brought the best possible coach we could. A coach who had good resume as number 1. My preference would have been Zelatko Kranjcar, A. Ghalenoei if A. Ghotbi did not accept to stay.
    Based on the remaining games, It is my idea that they are guaranteed as top 2. Iran will be favorite for third place.
    Also remember Portugal Under CQ. A great squad but hardly finished second in last qualifier. They tied with Albania at home and lost to Denmark at home too. So having an appropriate coach is essential. Having a good squad is not everything. (Note that I agree about your idea on our squad but not completely. Except Japan, Korea and Australia, I do not think our squad is weaker than any other side. It is my idea. I think the manager should be change in this situation and I believed that after goalless draw against Qatar)

19. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unlike some of our fans, I agree with u here and I mentioned this in last comments. The referee did everything on purpose against us (It is my idea) because of other reasons like Iran Arab rivalry, Bad relationship of Iran and Uae because of Abu Mosa island, and other reasons.

20. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bro, Whistle anthem happened to Iran and other countries a lot for their away games but A. Haydarov should not talk like that. I can other things here but I do not want to continue talk about it. Especially I have high respect for you. As much as I love to see u smiling, It was hard for me to take this defeat because I thought referee mistakes were on purpose.

According to referee experts in Iran, The referee whistled many times against us. Anyway I give up to talk about this more.

I agree with you about manager and poor substitutions. Remember that CQ did not have any contact with players and bench during the game. It affected on the team negatively. About CQ, I have said that before He was not right choice at the beginning because of his resume as number 1. His assistants were weak and substitutions proofed it. All of our previous managers were better than him even Ali Daei. I agree with you here. Congrat for your win and know that we never had anything against you guys. We respect you but we expect that from you too.

21. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran has officially filled a complaint against the UAE referee to FIFA. Also, a FIFA representative and match official who has reviewed the match tape as procedure, has confirmed that the goal was clean.

22. Elspamo

Elspamo Member

Mar 7, 2012
    USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Qatar
    Azizbek Haydarov plays in the same league which Ali Al Badwawi officiates in.

LOL. As usual, it's Iran vs. the world. It's amazing how isolated you are. You'll have to get over your sick obsession with Qatar, it's just getting pathetic now. Go smoke some more opium and hit us up with more theories about how the referee was secretly Qatari and how Qatar was responsible for every World Cup Qualifying loss of Iran in the last 10 years. Even *if* the referee was responsible for Irans loss... karma's a b*tch.

As Dohahah said, Qatar would even have a better chance of earning a qualifying spot if Iran won or there was a draw. Iran are trippy against Arab opponents and will SURELY lose some points against Lebanon or Qatar. Qatar do not have nearly as good a chance of upsetting Uzbekistan away as they do of beating Iran at home. So if Qatar had something to do with this, then they basically screwed themselves. :laugh:

23. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    FIFA won't do anything about it, never will. Not much point complaining (even though Japan also bother when a stupid call happens).

24. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    With regards to Ireland, that is slightly different in that it's a 1 off game to qualify. Iran have 8 games to get 13-14 or so points out of a possible 24. It does not boil down to this one disallowed goal. In the 4th Asian round, the team that is able to rise above that will continually qualify. It's interesting you think the relevant example is the gap between Ireland and Germany/Spain. Surely you don't believe the difference between say Japan and Iran is that large (i sure as hell don't). Btw 'small country' I don't get what you mean. Population? or what? (Netherlands have 16million)

No they shouldn't happen in a perfect world. But if Iran don't qualify it won't be cause of that one goal disallowed. It'll be cause of another 10 or so points they could've picked up in the round which they weren't good enough to pick up and some other team was.

Yeah, it's not like all other federations around the world have this divine lovely federation and Iran are robbed. Other countries have their own issues. I don't remember in the recent history Iran having some amazing federation so it's not much of an excuse, it's what Iran's federation is whether you like it or not. You can't use that as an excuse unless Iran actually had an amazing federation in it's very recent history and is just suffering a bad slump in the last 3-4 years which i don't think is the case.

I don't really care what Ali Daei is saying. Sure you can find a better coach, pretty much anybody can. But if theoretically Iran don't make it, that's 8 years and 4 coaches that are all apparently wrong without stopping to think maybe the players simply aren't world cup qualifying level currently and diverting funds to something like youth dev instead of blowing it on a coach. It's not like Japan, Korea, Australia, Uzbekistan all have the absolute best coaches in the world.

Coach is no more crucial than the squad pool he can pick from.

25. Coach2007

Coach2007 Member

Jun 29, 2012
    Rio (Rehab)
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I know- I'm sure all the other teams in the group (2 Arab teams, the Uzbeks and SK are sick and tired of their whinning). Iranians just can't believe they can be beaten, and love nothing more than complaining and throwing every conspiracy theory out there. They never bring up the fact the Jap referees are biased towards Iran perhaps???
    Iran needs to take a page from Saudi and accept the fact that its golden days are long gone and any team in Asia has a fair shot of beating them (even in Azadi) these days. Blame your coach, players, and your adminsitration. Don't take away from the Uzbeks win. They have more players playing overseas compared to Iran, and as starters and not in division two teams. Qatar, SK and Lebanon all have some start quality players too, and until Iran looses its arrogance mentality and stop involving politics- it'll never see where the real blame is.

Mussab86 and Mudang repped this.