2014 Dallas Cup Results and Discussion

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Sup Bro, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tigres of Mexico.

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like the roster rotation. This is very different than past US U20'd where they wore down in the semi's or quarter finals. Seems like Ramos is gearing up for the weekend.

5. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Pleasantly surprised by Lopez. First time seeing him play and he showed the most quality of our attacking players on the day. Arriola probably won't be satisfied with his performance outside of the assist. He was just off his game....a lot of bad touches, turnovers...just an off day. Want to see more of EPB. Hope he starts vs Tigres. The wind made for a tricky game but I thought the US coped with it fairly well. Some decent performances today. We were kind of wasteful to be honest. Some clear opportunities that should have been put away but were wasted by bad touches, poor decisions, bad finishing and a good save on a couple of occasions. The Tigres game should be good. I only saw snippets while the U.S. game was either at break or stopped ( ball out of bounds, player down, etc). They seemed to be pretty competitive with River.

6. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Tom Collingsworth and AutoPenalti repped this.
  7. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    3-0-0. Nice.

8. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    ASN writeup of the US-Frankfurt "contest."

http://americansoccernow.com/articles/young-yanks-beat-eintracht-frankfurt-3-0-in-dallas-cup

In other action—played simultaneously, and some 20 yards from each other—River Plate defeated UANL Tigres 1-0 in the day’s second Super Group Bracket C matchup. Though currently on top of the table with six points, by virtue of a River win, the Americans still have everything to play for against Tigres on Wednesday, including the trophy that has continually eluded the American representatives at this tournament.

For Ramos however, as World Cup qualifying approaches, it’s strictly business.
    “Were just here to see our players and give everyone an opportunity. The more pressure we can see the players under the better.”

9. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Goals from Zhenjiang Lopez, Zach Pfeffer, and Romain Gall sealed the 3-0 win over the youth team of German side Eintracht Frankfurt moving the Yanks closer to a spot in the tournament semifinals."

Typo, or Chinese ancestry we don't know about?

Winoman repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    For people who didn't see this result Coritiba of Brazil beat FCD 3-1.

FCD goal by former US youth nat Jordan Cano.

FCD is having a great tournament overall...........other than the U18s in the Supergroup. On the first day their teams went 9-2-1 overall.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I saw that and assumed a typo. When you do a search for that name, you get nothing......................

Benji Lopez ‏@Theonlybenji_11 15h
    Great win today! Always glad putting a goal in the net for my country. On to the next! #teamadidas pic.twitter.com/C1q1zbrAVI

[​IMG]

Tom Collingsworth and Winoman repped this.
  12. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Dr Pepper Dallas Cup ‏@dallascup 1h
    U19 @chivas (MEX) vs. @LAGalaxy (USA) has been selected for the 5:00pm CST Stadium game. @TWCable live #DC35

[​IMG]

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  13. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointing

15. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Eh, as long as they beat their arch rivals from Brommapojkarna I'm happy.

16. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  17. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Tom Collingsworth and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  18. la torre

la torre Member+

Dec 27, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How did Lipe look? He is a D-mid?

shadrach repped this.
  19. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Just asking: What were the tough conditions?

20. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  21. USAMEX10

USAMEX10 Member+

Sep 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That wouldn't really be a bad thing players like playing in that weather.

I believe it was because of the very high winds

22. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    cold and windy

23. shadrach

shadrach Goldenchild

Jan 19, 2002
    quit being nosy...
    Yes, he's more defensive. He looked fine. Clean touch for the most part. Low turnover ratio. Broke up plays and shut down passing lanes. Plays very simple so if you're not paying attention then you won't notice his contributions. Has size but is rarely reckless when using it. With that said, I don't think Frankfurt was much of a test. They had they're moments and created a couple of dangerous chances but they didn't show the same quality as River Plate. Could have been the windy conditions but that's probably just an excuse as both teams had to deal with it. So, good game for Lipe but you have to temper that a little bit as Frankfurt (for whatever reason) didn't offer all that much of a test.

la torre repped this.
  24. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely the wind. Cold and rain are more manageable, but from the game I watched the whirling winds played a huge factor. It looked impossible to complete a long pass or even clear the ball properly.

25. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    A rundown of the playoff situation in the Supergroup:

http://www.dallascup.com/home/dallasCupNews/802217.html

For US/MLS fans this one is easy................FCD and LAG have been eliminated.

The US U20s will assure advancement with a win or a draw against Tigres. They can also advance with a loss by River in their last game.

It should be noted that the news is a little better for US-based teams in the other U19 division. We got the IMG academy or FCD '96s advancing from one group. Solar Chelsea looks set to advance from another group. And the Dallas Texans look set to advance from a 3rd group.