2014 All [NDR] Houston Sports Talk

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by Levy2k6, Jan 1, 2014.

1. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not who does it....it's who gets caught. Simple as that. UT has enough of a Longhorn Mafia to cover their rust colored asses.

2. troutseth

troutseth Member+

Feb 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    oh no . . .they all get caught at some point . . . the NCAA just takes turns looking through schools and conferences and provide the token suspension. They may actually call: " Hey UT, you guys are up in 2016 so let me know if you want to take a big hit and get off the list for 20 years or a small hit and we will see you in ten."

I actually think the Big 12 is about up . . . .

CeltTexan and Heft repped this.
  3. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's why you've got to respect SEC teams. When the SWC teams were all telling on each other, the SEC was like, screw that we'll just cheat better than everyone else.

4. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  5. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Naranja With Attitude. Straight Outta Houston.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The Rockets' NBA season is starting to look like the Dynamo season. It's an up and down rollercoaster for them. They will make the playoffs but they have trouble beating the elite teams in the NBA. Is McHale the basketball version of Kubiak with his questionable playcalling?

6. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    I hope this will not turn into a ugly situation for both sides. It reminds me of the Oilers' "Babygate" story in 1993.

7. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yea, those SEC teams really kicked ass in those days, what with their five combined national titles between 1970 and 1995.

Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  8. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  9. Beavis Stiffler

Beavis Stiffler Member+

May 14, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Super Bowl XLVIII is now renamed as Ganja Bowl CDXX (420).

[​IMG]

CeltTexan and Heft repped this.
  10. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's merely when they stepped up their games :p

Plus national championships before BCS were even more subjective.

11. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, our guys will make the playoffs outta the West. From the East, it will be one of two teams Heat or Pacers. The West is wide open however. So with that in mind one would figure our team, with it's talent, would know why it is so important to land a top 3 seed come April.
    On beating the elite teams...our Rockets often start games like old people fuk! It is terrible on them to waste entire first quarters and get trucked to then turn it on in the rest of the game.
    Then the next week they will score 75 in the 1st half! And find a way to only score 19 in the 2nd half on the way to gifting another loss. ERRR! This is madness.
    I do not put too much on NBA head coaches cuz these modern day players are so fundamentally terrible and make stupid court pressence mistakes that I am sure the coaches in the NBA work on it all with them, it's just most of the players now never really learned how to adjust to a coaches demand. That's why the game on many nights gets boiled down to dribble penetrate with an iso call and or run and gun with little defense and even worse shot selection decisions. I am one of the biggest Rockets fans around and now that I have our Dynamo, every season I watch less and less of our Rockets. Really the run up to the playoffs post ASG in Feb. and the playoffs is all one really needs to get lathered up about. Many of the regular season NBA games are a wash compared to what guys my age grew up with in the grit and pace of the 80's and specifically the entire league quality of the 90's.

13. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    McHale just won't get is over the hump to me it looks like he tends to hold the wrong players accountable for mess ups. I rarely see him go off on say Harden or Dwight but will easily do it on say Lin. Also not a fan how Beverly will be starting off the bat after coming back from injury so quickly I would have him come off the bench at least for tonight. The problem with the NBA now is that everyone wants that big contract team ball just ain't what it used to be.

CeltTexan and Beavis Stiffler repped this.
  15. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our guys core 71 points in the first half...do not gift up a home loss and actually put a smack down on West leading Portland. SHAZAM! Perhaps Dwight Howard AND Canetti read BigSoccer.com!

Spot on!
    I don't expect every team, even ours, to pass the rock and be team ball movement like the '86 Celtics but c'mon young bucks in the game today. Share the ball and you can pad the assists stats. Remember when that stat was a leading exponent of a man's game. Even our Dream was a passing center.

16. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Sporting News compiled te win-loss-tie record for all teams in the BCS era. 1998 to 2013.
    We should all get a laugh at where our discussion teams of how bad is bad n SEC/Big XII with Kentucky, Kansas, ISU and Vandy landed!
    http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...texas-oregon-virginia-tech-usc?eadid=EL/SICOM#

My boys Texas Tech earned #25 soN! GUNS 'UP!!!

17. CeltTexan

CeltTexan Member+

Sep 21, 2000
    Houston, TX USA
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Auburn band's reaction to Iron Bowl win. Very cool!

18. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. metroag

metroag Da Bomb Diggity

Mar 2, 2006
    La hacienda
    So The Sporting News is basically showing that Mac had the third most wins in the BCS era and got canned for having a winning season, and falling one win short of winning his conference!? Sheesh, this makes the RC Slocum firing look like a no brainer.

20. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
  21. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The f--k? Could've sworn they said the online sale would be after the New Year.

22. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yep and as a referee since 1984...I'm pretty proud to be in the books...lol

Heft repped this.
  23. Levy2k6

Levy2k6 BigSoccer Supporter

Dec 19, 2010
    Section 129, Row A
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    USA 7's Rugby on all day, and tomorrow on the NBC Networks.

[​IMG]