2014 AFC Champions League

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by fridge46, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Ironically, despite the fact that Perspolis went on a huge spending spree (with its ripples now felt as the club has a deficit that has left it basically bankrupt), buying players left and right and showing them with money, and bringing in an expensive coach too, they sucked last year and finished very poorly. Ansarifard suffered a lot from that move. But he is doing very well this year with Teraktorsazi as he was before moving to Perspolis.

But sure, until he proves he can do well in Bundesliga, its just speculation even if I actually think he will do well. By contrast, I think Gucci is a player that does better against Asian opponents than he will against stronger sides in the World Cup. Which is why I personally like to highlight Ansarifard despite the fact that Iran clearly and unequivocally owes its qualification to Gucci.

No ratings, not by Goal not by Bleacher Report, not by FIFA.com or World Soccer Magazine, means anything by itself. Except it shows that a player has already attracted attention and will be able to move to Europe directly.

As for the offers for Ansarifard, the one from Dortmund was at a time when he couldn't move to Europe due to military service issues. The other offers were not lucrative enough. But reports of interest in him from Europe persisted even last year, when he was actually having its worst season with Perspolis.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/361490/Hoops-on-trail-of-top-rated-Iranian-striker

2. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lol why not you know but Ghotbi seems to have cut his relations with Iran since 2011. We have not heard anything of him. I don't approve/like his coaching anyways.

naopon repped this.
  3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hope Ansarifard does well, if he wants to come to Ulsan then I'll welcome him with open arm.
    To Iranian fans:
    if you are a Persepolis supporters do you support Esteghlal, and vice versa during the champions league?

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Most would, although not necessarily with the same enthusiasm and a few clearly don't. I certainly do, but I am not typical: while I used to strongly root for the "Blue" club (Esteghlal) and against Perspolis, I stopped caring about these things and now mainly root for whoever is playing better even if I still slightly tilt towards the Blue.

killaorca repped this.
  5. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Good question and I'd like to know about the same for Japan and Korea. I think that they are people that just root for all Iranian clubs, these are the intelligent fans. But they are still some stupid obsessed people also that will still root against their rivals :D

killaorca repped this.
  6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    TigerOfAsia is a frequent lurker in PFDC forums, so... :D

TigersOfAsia repped this.
  7. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LoL KFA should hire him as a scout or an assistant of Korea NT. They may finally get a result against Iran with him on their bench. ;)

TigersOfAsia and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  8. MVP#3

MVP#3 Member

Mar 1, 2012
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United Arab Emirates
  9. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    Iranians tend to invent stories about their players being linked with multi-million deals to big clubs in Europe, none of them are ever true (shock horror).

Afhsgan or whatever his name is better than Son? Are you drunk or something? ASgsajhhgf isn't even better than Son's back up at Leverkusen - Robbie Kruse :)

10. Rhand

Rhand Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Mol, Belgium
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Anyone a working livestream for Evergrande? Cant find one anywhere.

11. Ipodkeroro

Ipodkeroro Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Why the YouTube channel of the AFC post only east and southeast asian matches?

12. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Ali Daei?
    Javad Nekounam?
    Karim Bagheri?
    Khodadad Azizi?
    Mehdi Mahdavikia?
    Ali Karimi?
    Vahid Hashemian?

Want me to go on with players who made it in Europe?

teammellieIRANfan, Mani and Zandi360 repped this.
  13. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    he is talking about recent times.

14. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    A better showing by Iranian clubs the second week, with 2 home wins and an away draw, although Esteghlal lost again, this time away from home. Anyway, I am happy enough (except for Esteghlal) because most of our clubs have been facing unbelievable bad luck with injuries and are playing with rather depleted rosters.

Foolad Ahwaz (IRN) v Al Fateh (KSA) 1:0 (0:0)
    Al Rayyan (QAT) v Esteghlal (IRN) 1:0 (1:0)
    Lekhwiya (QAT) vTeraktorsazi Tabriz (IRN) 0:0
    Sepahan Isfahan (IRN) v Al Hilal (KSA) 3:2 (2:1)

Btw, the Saudi fans who cheered when Al Shabab beat Esteghlal need to start counting: 4 matches against Iranian clubs so far and they have 3 losses and 1 win!:D

Mani and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  15. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #190 Iranian Monitor, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
    If you don't know someone's name even, how are you so sure how they compare to another player?

Son is a very good player and definitely much more accomplished than anyone Iran has right now. No one has questioned that. But that doesn't change any of the facts I mentioned in my post about Ansarifard and how he is rated. All those facts substantiated by the links I took the trouble to find and post.

Btw, the point for me wasn't to compare him to Son, but to suggest how talented he is and how much I hope he gets the chance to show his talent.

Now before we end up seeing this thread derailed, with more sock puppets and trolls showing up to debate a point that need not be debated here, lets move on.

16. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    My sock-account-senses are tingling...:laugh:

Amir14, Zandi360, Farhad Khan and 2 others repped this.
  17. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Can't get any more obvious. They're not even trying hard enough these days. :laugh:

Amir14, Zandi360 and teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  18. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Upcoming talent in Iran has been on fire recently in IPL and in this ACL game.
    This is his 2nd goal in ACL

21 year old Mehdi Sharifi:

This Sepahan vs. Al Hilal game was fantastic to watch! Typical Iranian-Saudi clash with the Iranian team ending on top after being down 2-1 scoring the winner in 91st min. Here are HQ highlights for those interested:

http://footballitarin.com/video_page.php?id=9347

19. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Really impressed by the number of Iranian young talents (u23) doing well in ACL. Past few years weren't so good with Iranian youth when it came to ACL games. This is the best way to get exposure and experience for these youngsters.

Foolad and Sepahan are utilizing these players well in their 1st team regularly. Sepahan has another player by the name of Yaghoub Karimi who is 22 and has played for Iran NT 6 times scoring 4 times. Teraktor Sazi has a few. Let's just not talk about Esteghlal..They have too many problems and don't have any young guns. IPL teams have a few here and there but mainly in Perspolis.

20. HiJazzey

HiJazzey Member

Jan 29, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Al Ittihad Jeddah
    I commended Shabab for winning away because it was a good result. Then the next week they lose at home against Jazeera :D .
    I don't care about teams other than Ittihad (and Blouwi family's meddling are sorely testing my remaining love for Itti), I don't go as far as support the other team but when Hilal lose in Asia I chuckle.

-----

Good comeback for Ittihad yesterday after a terrible start. The equaliser was really nice:

Ittihad remains a disorganised rabble though. There is still some talent despite the departure of many senior players, but as a team they're all over the place.

21. shinović89

shinović89 Member+

May 23, 2010
    Liverfail
    Iranian troll confirmed. No true Korean would ever misspell Son Heung MIN's name. :D

22. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Maybe he's not Korean, but no way he is Iranian :ROFLMAO: It was a nice try from him though. You have to look at his other comment too the other one is also quite funny

23. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's a shame they're not playing in Europe yet...
    If they were, they would automatically get a TM call up.
    Relax, I'm just trolling.

24. TigersOfAsia

TigersOfAsia Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Canada
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    It's good to see that Iranian clubs are doing well with a record of (3W - 2D - 3L ) :thumbsup:
    I'm also happy to see that Korean clubs are performing well with an undefeated record of (5W - 3D - 0L) even after selling ALL their best players to Europe and wealthier Asian leagues.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    guccigoal=TigersOfAsia

Too obvious. :laugh::D

Zandi360, Amir14 and Mani repped this.