2014 Yuya Osako @ TSV 1860 München (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #51 Blue-San, Jan 6, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

Look Dax I'll make this more simple:

1. He will have to compete with some kind of veteran loved player for his spot in the first line up. If he does well Osako is basically screwed, so he will probably have to "hope" he does shit so he gets more chances

2. Than he'll have to make an impression once he does get a chance and keep scoring in this new environment to keep his place. Ok fair enough challenge right...

So can he make it to Bundesliga through 1860 to play regulary in some club? No I dont think so
    18 clubs every year in Bundesliga.
    Bayern = not a chance
    BvB = not a chance
    Leverkusen = not a chance
    Schalke = not a chance

Leaving 14 clubs right? Wrong... he is a number 9. Means he can only play number nine more or less for any club. And what kind of strikers do you think other clubs in Bundesliga have?
    Very good one. So unless he sends the entire 2. Bundesliga on fire he wont make it to Bundesliga and into the starting line up for any Bundesliga club.
    What is more, he is risking his regular playing time with this move...

Let's make a bet. I say he will never be a regular starter in a Bundesliga, Serie A, Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 club

Do you take my bet?

You know why ? Because the boy isnt exactly 19 years old and because you need to be extremely good to play as a main number 9 in one of the top 9 league. To be specific. Only about 100 people can. And among those are names like Suarez, Diego Costa, Falcao, Madžukič, Lewandowski and so on and forth. Its harder for number 9 than the creative offensive player.
    So yes I think it would be better for him to stay in Kashima make it to the WC perhaps there really impress people and than get a direct invitation to one of the top 5 leagues maybe.

I am trying to be realistic and I am trying to see whats best for JNT here and J-League and hack even the boy. I dont think this is it. But I would love it if he proves me wrong.

The bet is here open for you to take it Dax. You willing?

2. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Seems like he made his first sprint through the airport hall.

3. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That is not correct. Lauth has been under heavy criticism by the fans since he stopped moving on the field. He almost cant play worse than Lauth. Plus it is possible to field both.
    Ever heard of the Bender twins, or Kevin Volland the coming German striker talent? Buli is full of former 1860 talents.
    Have you ever watched a Buli game?

4. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #54 Blue-San, Jan 6, 2014
    Of course Leverkusen and BvB twins both German I believe and both midfield players

Volland Hoffenheim "prodigy" not a typical number 9 though. Also a German guy not a Japanese. Not to mention he is couple years younger.

Yes I watch Bundesliga regulary as a matter of fact, because many Japanese players play in Bundesliga and before that there were even few Slovenians (Novakovič number 9 of Koln FC)

1860 is a good club nothing wrong here. I am saying Yuya Osako, main striker of Kashima Antlers and currently 2nd striker in JNT. who has 6 months to World Cup is risking it all by signing for your club in 2nd Bundesliga.

If he wont get enough playing time, if he wont be in the scoring form he'll lose confidence which is important for a striker. And than perhaps he wont be called up for WC, or will be but just wont be as good as he could have been had he played regulary and scored regulary in J-League
    It's not all about the abilities of the player. A bit of luck, environment, teammates, form and so on.

After WC I think would be ideal time to move. He would get a preseason with 1860, he wouldnt come midst of a season, WC would be behind him and so on and forth.
    But I understand that your club currently has huge problems getting attackers to score. As a matter of fact only one club in entier 2nd Bundesliga has scored less 17 goals (1860 - 18 out of those 18 best striker the veteran Lauth has scored twice in 19 games)

So Yuya comes in....

5. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    That's absolutely not correct, as our friend pointed out. You haven't followed the topic, probably. 1860's coach is Funkel. Does it rings any bells? It not you may want to re-read stuff about him in this thread and the other one.

I disagree but I'll explain at the end why

Yes and no. Because I think he will make it, but yeah not as a regular starter in the sense you mean it.
    But there's something weird about your argument which I'll point out later down

Wait, wait. Who in the world has decided that he has to play as a main number 9? With number 9 I guess you mean what Okazaki is doing at Mainz right now am I correct? The position alone forward?
    But he hasn't played as a lone forward when Davi wasn't injured at Kashina so I'm not sure where this does come from. I think there is no problem to play for him in a 4-4-2 for example ?

Sure, I'm willing. But what you said is a contradiction in itself, it's weird. You said saying: "So yes I think it would be better for him to stay in Kashima make it to the WC perhaps there really impress people and than get a direct invitation to one of the top 5 leagues maybe."

Now tell me: how in the world doing good at 1860 - because again, if he doesn't in 1 or 2 seasons then going directly to the Bundesliga would have been a disaster - AND at the World Cup isn't an infinitely better position to be noticed by european scouts?
    How many chances do you think he would have of getting a starting place in a top league just because "he had a nice world cup". Unless he scores like every match now, seriously.
    Did Honda go anywhere after his amazing 2010 World Cup? Unfortunately not. Even if he was a world class player. So that's what I find weird.
    Do you think Osako can make it in a top european league, or not? Honest question. If you think so, I'm surprised that starting from a smaller point in the ladder is seen as a worse position than coming from the JLeague as a striker.

6. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    From my pov he can only win. Money, fans home and away, attraction of bigger clubs. It almost doesnt matter if he makes it to the WC.

AND if you want to do trash talk then come to the 1860 forum. But believe me, we're better at it.

Samurai Warrior repped this.
  7. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    no he is not trash talking trust me, I think he said that like "so they expect Osako to change that?"

Well yes, I think they do, of course not in 1 month. When the news came out I thought it was weird. Why 1860?
    But with Funkel being on the bench the pieces came togheter. "I've always been right with my japanese players" - I think it was him who said this.

If you want to look at it from another point of view, it means that it takes a coach who's used to japanese players to attract interest. It's kind of sad isn't it? No coincidence Osako only has been the only striker linked with Europe so far (thinking of Kawamata, Kudo, Toyoda) and it's because of the friendly, not the performances of the Jleague (well I think they had at least a look at those too).

Mark my words Blue: he will get tons play time at 1860. If he fails or not it's up him to him, I disagree with the "luck" excuses. He's not going to sign for 0 like Omae, and is not going to play under an unknown coach.

8. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon, you're freaking out about nothing. You're like a worried mom who doesn't want her kid to take advanced math in school. Takahara had his best season in the 1.BL under Funkel. Okazaki was rated the 8th-best #9 in the league by Kicker for the 1st half of this season. The whole thing about Japanese CFs somehow lacking some intangible factor to succeed in Europe is about 10 years outdated.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Partially correct, Blue-San. 1860 usually does not spend money like that to have a player sit on the bench. Dax is correct that Osako will get a chance to play. Funkel has confirmed he will either play him up front with Lauth or by himself. Given how little our strikers have scored, in theory, if he scores more than 5 goals in 10 games he would have done far better than our current strikers combined. ;) He will play. Unless he royally screws up he will continue to play. The real loser here is Bobby Wood or Rob Friend.

Actually, German coaches -- especially Funkel -- tend to give credit to guys for simply playing well. As long as he contributes positively on the pitch and makes an impact (offensively or defensively) in each game, he will keep any spot he gets. Like I said, if he scores more than 5 goals in ten games he's done well in my book.

To be fair, there are few players who ever get looked at by the clubs in the top 5 of the BL. Usually those clubs tend to go for fairly big name talent. Not EPL name talent but that second or third tier of solid striker you see around. The mid-table teams tend to go for the leftovers and the lower-table teams either steal from the 2.BL, develop their own or buy the older guys on their way back down. So the notion of ANY player, let alone Osako, getting a chance to play with a mid- to top-tier BL team without first proving himself outside of Japan is not going to happen. Nothing against the J-League, just that you rarely see players make those teams without posting 15+ goal/year seasons for 2, 3 or even 4 seasons. Germans like consistency at a high level. I am sure W/B has mentioned this already.

I would have to agree with this statement. Osako is risking his national team role if he fails badly at 1860 this spring. I don't think that will happen, but it is a possibility.

Safe bet. ;) There are few players who could be "regular" starters in those leagues. Just ask Torres.;)

10. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    This is true. Bobby Wood has had his chances, to a degree, and not used them. Osako will get a few more chances I think, so if he does well he will continue to play. If not, I suspect there are other teams in Germany that would take him.

11. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    #61 Blue-San, Jan 6, 2014

I told you already that your logic is flawed but just by my opinion. You are entitled to yours.

2 things we need to clear up

importance level for me (aka priority) as a fan and a viewer/supporter

JNT ------> J-League -------> Kashima -------> Yuya Osako

So first thing first

1. What I care mostly about is JNT doing well in WC. I think Osako fits well in that set up as it is and I dont wish to see it messed up, by him not being as good as he is now or not playing regulary enough.
    So in that sense I would have prefer him staying in Kashima then going to WC and then he can go to Ruanda for all I care (not exactly naturally since I am a Kashima fan and because I do want the boy to succeed) however WC and JNT above those two things...

2. I disagree with you with your philosophy. X guy is superb in club A -> therefor it means he will be superb in club B if it's of equal or lesser level of strength.

That imo is wrong, very wrong. It is one of the most important things in football how you can adapt to your new environements and especially younger players here is the massive difference. Two guys can be of equal level in J-League than both go to 2. bundesliga one makes it other doesnt. And than all of a sudden that other guy is better but not cause he improved, but because the 2nd guy didnt adapt.
    Naturally sometimes players become even greater when they go to a higher tier and manage to make it there as well but sometimes they return back to where they come from and are worse than when they moved and older as well...

Ability => does not transfer to every environment. And if Yuya Osako can be a great addition to JNT team at this moment, him not playing in 1860 a lot for the rest of the season, or scoring a lot less or perhaps playing a system and with a team which doesnt bring out the best of him can lead to him losing his goalscoring touch and confidence which is very important for strikers and seen on countless occassions people for instance suddenly going cold becaus of injury or change of coach or transfering club etc etc.

Cases like Torres and others are like the epitome of that entire thing. You think Torres became "worse" because of age?
    What happened....

He transfered, he lost confidence, a bit of injuries different coaches and so on... and he is miles from where he was. And he is like that for a while
    Until the day he left Liverpool he was a very good striker. Sure form goes up and down but after departure it was like domino effect.
    And lets just forget Torres you know by now what I am talking about and why I disagree with you.

I do not agree with you in sense if he is good enough he ll make it in 1860. No I think he has a better chance of making it. And the better he is the better the chance he ll make it anywhere
    However... he isnt world class meaning smaller the chance he ll make it anywhere.

I just dont like the risk of him getting worse than he is atm. That is the entire point of this entire post and all the others.

Like I said the bet is open:

I believe Yuya Osako will never become a regular starter for a top 5 league club.
    I also believe that he should have waited with the transfer abroad till after WC. For JNT and J-Leagues and Antlers sake.

1. J-League will lose yet one more of its great players
    2. Antlers well you know as well as me what this means for them
    3. JNT... to be seen but its risking it...

4. Yuya Osako? He will fight for his place in the team which imo is there or about the level of Kashima Antlers and hope he ll get noticed more?
    Players are being transfered from J-League directly to Bundesliga. If he is good enough in J-League he would have been noticed as well

p.s. no trash talk ment for the 1860 fans. That your offense is struggling is just a cold fact. And the reason they went for Yuya Osako. Idk if he ll be able to change that. I hope he will I do think he has the capabilities to make it as a 2. Bundesliga main striker for 1860. But capable and doing it are 2 different things

Once again I didnt mean to cause offense. I am sorry if it was seen like that

12. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No I think he said "top 5 leagues" - not top 5 teams in the Bundesliga.
    With that said, what you said here isn't historically true, as Kagawa did not prove himself anywhere, he actually barely had time to play some matches in the japanese first division.
    Ryo Miyaichi went to Arsenal from high school, he couldn't even put a football shirt on, lol.
    So let's say that it's very uncommon to see a japanese striker going to play in an important division directly from the JLeague. In Osako's case, infact, the national team visibility played a big part. No difference for Takahara, Okazaki (who wasn't used like he is used in Mainz anyway).

LoewenBoy repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Yes, well said.

14. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    #64 White/Blue_since1860, Jan 6, 2014
    We hear Juuja got a warm welcome at his hotel with all the club officials and pasta. Better than picking him up at the airport. He seemed pretty jetlagged. Dunno if they need to throw him in right tomorrow.

Blue-San and Dax repped this.
  15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No wait, what are you talking about? You mean about Inui \ Takahara doing well under Funkel? No but I never said "Osako will do well because there is Funkel". I said Osako will get multiple chances because Funkel knows what he's doing. Infact I said succeeding is up to him. He's NT material so I personally *think* he will. I mean he's not going to play in Bundesliga, let's not exaggerate now.
    Sorry If I'm misunderstanding something here

But... my post was exactly about the fact that I don't think there's a minimal possibility that he "won't play a lot"... Funkel trusts him, I'm sure. He's almost overconfident.
    And who cares if he scores less come on. How many goals Okazaki scored last year

Well you could've just used Kagawa unfortunately lol

Ok, again, anything can happen in a transfer. That much we can agree.
    Now let's look at this:
    - He's not going to Bundesliga, the difference is big
    - He is going to play under a coach that will use him. He will. He will do anything he can to make him succeed. He's not going there to be one of the countless random buying that every club makes to strenghten the squad a little. Why I say this? Because it's what the coach himself basically said.
    Getting worse? No I don't think so, reading Osako's words he also seems confident that in a tougher environment he can only get better, and he's also blessed with the right coach. He will learn some good european tactics, what more can you ask

16. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #66 naopon, Jan 6, 2014
  17. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan

I just meant. That you said. If he doesnt make it in 1860 than he is not good enough for JNT WC team or something like that.
    My point being that atm he is... good enough so if he wont be in 6 months it will because of this new environment thing.

But yeah I just dont like the risk of it now 6 months before WC. I would be perfectly ok with this transfer in the summer. I too believe he can make it in 1860.

18. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    What I think is going to happen is that Juuja scores 20 goals in 15 games, 1860 gets promoted, Juuja scores Japan to the final in Brazil vs Germany and Blue-San becomes the biggest 1860 supporter ever founding Kashima's first 1860 fanclub. Wanna bet? ;)

19. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    @ Blue ah yes, I still think so to be completely honest, especially with Funkel on the bench.
    But remember that when I say "doesn't make it" I don't mean that he has to score x amount of goals. Just not getting play time anymore before WC or literally scored 1,2 goals
    anyway that's just my 2 cents. He will play and won't miss WC :sneaky:

@ white stop with Juuja lol

20. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Wait, "right in" where? 1860's next match is only on the 10th of february right? Or is there something before that
    So he has almost a month to get well with his mates, good

21. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have a press conference followed by training tomorrow.

I think what happens is that @Blue-San , @OneiroPhobia and @Saku² will have a live meetup in München where they discover they can't stand each other in real life.

22. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Probably friendlies.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hoppenheim e.g. 01/16

zdrstvte repped this.
  24. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  25. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    yeah, would be nice. I remember Dortmund fans replicating Shinji's chant at the stadium and he appreciated. Especially for a new player, it could help.
    Here the orig.