2014 Yuya Osako @ TSV 1860 München (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I agree with a lot of what you say, particularly the Bundesliga market and generally wise financial moves made by German clubs (largely b/c they have actual rules about how their finances have to be run that doesn't allow the corrupt Russian and Saudi Arabian oil barons to throw their ill-gotten gains around recklessly)
    But that all said, all I'm really getting is that your team is "different". But of course every fan is going to say that. At the end of the day, Osako has a monetary value to 1860; if somebody meets that value he'll be gone. That 1860 have said something tells me that sharks are sniffing around already. Remarks about not wanting to let him go are just about raising his value; either it'll be met or it won't. Personally, I hope it won't be met. But you get kind of jaded watching how the system works sometimes.

nipponbasse83 repped this.
  2. datschge

datschge Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    Germany
    #627 datschge, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    One reason why in the past 1860 had to let go of a lot of talents was due to financial troubles. Since when the current investor entered the scene (when the club was near bankrupty) this continued as the club and the investor weren't on the same wavelength and as a result the latter held off further guarantees. This appears to have changed significantly in the last couple months, so the club may well have no more financial troubles holding onto Osako (e.g. by improving his contract).

LoewenBoy repped this.
  3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Not really. Realistic fans know when players are "sellable" and others are held until their contracts run out. I have been following this club, I dare say, a lot longer than most folks here have been alive. I have seen how management reacts when the want to sell players and when they don't want to sell players. I can tell you this club does not want to sell this guy.

Depends.

If someone came and offered an absurdly high fee, sure, ANY club would sell nearly ANY player. But as I said, that's a realistic as you or I getting a date with Kate Upton.

What is more likely is that someone will make a market-relevant offer. If that happens, 1860 will do the cost-benefit of selling Osako versus keeping him and getting promoted with him. In most instances, given Osako's likely market value, 1860 would not sell him.

Teams a "sniffing around" because of the release clause Osako has in his contract prior to the end of August. I have already said that there are a few teams that could pay that fee and take him. Most are either top 2.BL teams (Koeln) or lower BL clubs. However, 1860 has the ability to counter offer which Osako can either take or leave. After the August deadline Osako's contract runs as normal, which means that a club can offer any amount they want but 1860 has to agree (as well as the player) to leave. As I said, I would be gobsmacked if there were any absurd offers. You just don't see that in the BL.

That's not true. Again, look at BVB. They said they would not let Lewa go. Were they trying to raise the price? No, they really meant it. They knew keeping him was worth more than selling him. Same is true for 1860 at the moment. Sometimes not for sale actually means not for sale.

4. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
  5. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hate to interrupt this lively debate...but Osako is starting versus Karlsruher SC.

6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't understand that comparison. Lewa didn't have a release clause in the first place, and BVB was prepared to block any offer. Knowing this, and because they just bought out Götze from Dortmund (activating the release clause Götze had), Bayern didn't try to get Lewa before contract termination date.

If any first tier club is interested and the release fee really at something below 2 mio, the best 1860 can hope for seems to be a rental back for the next season.

datschge repped this.
  7. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Correct, which is why I said AFTER the summer window, 1860 won't take any offers for Osako. BEFORE the transfer window the only thing they can do is make a counter offer and hope. But ANY offer coming in won't be a large, silly sum, it will be the bare minimum to execute the buy out. Nothing more.

Agreed, and I said as much. In fact, there are not many team who can afford him that need him, so I think the pool of possible teams is small. At this point the best 1860 can do is hope he stays by hiring a top notch coach. What Funkel produced today won't help trying to keep Osako.

9. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    How did he performed against Karlsruher?

10. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Karlsruhe. Karlsruher Sport Club.

How can you rate a striker's performance if the whole team plays crap?

That surely means goodbye, Mr. Funkel. Almost certainly also goodbye Juuja. :mad::(

naopon repped this.
  11. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a 250 page thread which attempts to do exactly that... :p

1860 was really, really awful today. Osako won a bunch of headers, played some slick through balls and worked hard on defense but it was all kind of irrelevant.

scotch17, takeuchi and LoewenBoy repped this.
  12. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well there must be reasons why we are sending all those development aid volunteers over the pond.... :giggle: 1860 overall is a clear don't. Most often it is a d'oh too.

nipponbasse83 and naopon repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Oh god, stay out of the YA fora. It's the Twilight Zone of football. ;)

naopon and takeuchi repped this.
  14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Funkel "released".

15. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    uh oh, already? Well, hopefully Osako should keep his place no problem.
    Also, it's good, maybe he's appointed in another team next year and he brings another japanese player. :ninja:

16. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That's a surprise for you?

If you count Juuja's 4 goals out of our spring season record we would be clearly heading for relegation. Oh well, even if you count them in....

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    i caught the 2nd half.. the worse I have seen them play since Osako moved to 1860.

18. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ....send more ;)
    No word on any potential replacements for Funkel (i.e. non-interim)?

19. Blue-San

Blue-San Member+

Jun 21, 2011
    Club:
    Kashima Antlers
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ouch save yourself Osako lol

20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Markus von Ahlen the co-trainer will take over until a head coach can be hired.

21. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    First things first.

1860(club president)+ investor= CEO (Markus Rejek) check
    1860(club president) + CEO + investor= Sport CEO (vacant) possibly this week
    Sport CEO + investor's money= new coach(vacant) budget doubtful
    new coach + investor's money= new budget(Juuja staying or not) Juuja doubtful

Not for nothing there is this famous saying from a former 1860 president Karl Heckl who said in the 80ies:
    "Im the only person who became a millionaire at 1860. Before that I was a billionaire."

22. Keren

Keren Member+

Feb 15, 2013
    France
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  23. White/Blue_since1860

Orange14 is gay
    Jan 4, 2007
    Bum zua City
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I def. see him playing at a club like FSV Mainz or Augsburg cause they lost Hahn....

24. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    they had Lewandowski when Barrios was their main striker and they signed Schieber as back-up for Lewa. With Lewandowski leaving and Schieber not fulfilling the expectations to a back-up role, I see them going for one more striker, who is younger and cheaper. Ji is seen rather as an AM option.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Other rumors have Volland also linked to BVB. I doubt BVB is looking at Osako anymore. But who knows.