2014 Yuya Osako @ TSV 1860 München (GER) Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Japanese Abroad' started by uhdfkwncvbgtyhu89, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    It was actually confirmed a while ago by Kicker's BVB journalist. I believe it's not done yet but Dortmund and Ramos have most likely indeed agreed terms.

takeuchi repped this.
  2. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes...

3. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Did not see it in print anywhere other than Bild. Did Kicker publish it? the BVB guys still seem to think it is rumor.

4. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    No offense, but anyone familiar with transfer market in Europe knows "He is our best player we can't possibly let him leave" usually means "We want at least 2mil more than you're currently offering".

5. smithfan

smithfan Member+

Aug 14, 2005
    Waimoana
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yes, it was. Check out the twitter account of Thomas Hennecke.

(Don't want to interrupt the discussion any further, my apologies.)

takeuchi repped this.
  6. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If true or not, it's not about Ramos OR Osako anyway. If BVB wants him and Osako agrees terms with them, he will be a squad player getting some sub time.
    With Funkel leaving this summer & no new sports director named - the club's perspective pretty much unclear -, and his release fee reportedly at about 1.6 mio, I don't see 1860 holding any leverage in Osako staying. If a 1st division club comes in, he'll be gone.

7. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    That's all true...assuming what has been reported is accurate.

8. Gordon1995

Gordon1995 Member+

Oct 3, 2013
    If that is the case, lets hope he find the right club that allows him to have regular playing time. BVB is above his level imo, he is not better than Aubemayang or Ramos or Volland.

9. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Neither was Kagawa...at first. :)

Dax repped this.
  10. Dax

Dax Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think Ramos is a done deal, btw.
    But the problem is that it will be very though for Osako to grab chances as a forward in a team like Dortmund. A breakthrough a la Kagawa is impossible, but a bit of climbing in the FW rankings, who knows. And then there are injuries...

At the same time, I think he should accept it this summer, if it was the only club making an offer.
    Otherwise, well, he should take a deep thought at all the offers.

11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If you had watched Kagawa at Cerezo, you probably weren't too surprised (elated for him, yes... but surprised, no) with his performances at BVB.
    Personally, I think Osako would benefit from at least a full season with 1860; longer if he can help them gain promotion.

12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Anyone who has followed 1860 at all knows 1) 1860 has a long history of letting talented players go for money, and 2) Osako is a player we cants afford to let go.

No offense, but I know my club pretty damn well. They won't let him go unless he has a clause they cannot prevent. We've learned from our past of selling players...we no longer need to sell players. We can afford to keep him.

13. naopon

naopon Member+

Jan 2, 2007
    California
    Club:
    Kawasaki Frontale
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's still the buyout clause right? I'm not a particular advocate of Osako leaving or staying, but if the earlier reports are correct then 1860 may not have a say in the matter.

For what it's worth the move has been positive for his development, based on the professional, pragmatic approach he's shown on the field so far.

14. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    A couple of weeks ago Funkel confirmed the existence of a buyout clause, and said 1860 wouldn't have got Osako if it wasn't there. Of course he didn't mention the exact fee, but we know it's there, and it can't be an astronomical fee, out of the same reason (Osako wouldn't have signed).
    What we can't know for sure is until when this clause is active and if and who is interested in activating it.

15. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, I don't know personally if there is one or not. It was reported there was, but the nature of it and the details are not known. Assuming there is one I would think there were conditions which were agreeable to both club and player. For example, I have seen clauses where the player could leave for (x) amount if a certain timeline for departure were met (e.g., 6 weeks notice, etc.). Only his agent know for sure.

Spot on.

I do know that 1860 have told him that he is their franchise player and they are willing to make sure he gets playing time no matter who is coach.

16. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If they try and win him over with a new contract, then great. Hopefully there'll be something good for both sides...

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Well, not sure a new contract is needed. I understand in his current contract the club has the ability to counter any offer made between now and the end of the summer transfer window.

18. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Huh? That's new to me, I never heard of the type of contract either. So let's say a club activates the buyout clause, how can 1860 counter it - IF Osako wants to join the other club?

19. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    This is actually a fairly standard clause in most contracts. It does not require the player to consider the counter-offer; merely allows the club a chance to make one. The player can easily say, "No thanks" and leave, but it gives the club the chance to make the offer.

20. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Ok, it sounded like a prebuy contract at first, like they hold some exclusivity (which is not possible in labor law of course).

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Actually, you can have right of first refusal in a labor contract...especially with footballers. However, the clause which we are talking about was an escape clause allowing the player to take a better offer within the first six months of his contract.

I have seen many player contracts exercise a right of first refusal clause later on in the contract.

22. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I don't really need to know any specific team to know that this is simply how it goes in Europe. Especially wrt foreign talent. Players get bought and sold right and left. Usually when a club makes a statement like that, it means they've already had offers... every player has their price in Europe. The more a club talks about not letting a player go, the more likely they'll be gone.
    The talk is just about raising the price. It's like that at every level too, from the top echelon clubs to the bottom. Even a Cristiano Ronaldo has their price in Europe. ManU isn't a club that needs to sell either, and they went on for years about how he would never leave.

Personally I hope Yuya stays in Munich for a couple years. It'd be nice to follow the Honda career path (minus the detour to Russia). I think that would be a very valuable learning experience and benefit both parties tremendously. But when the club starts talking about how they can't let him go... well... seen it all before... that's "writing on the wall" to me.

23. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    As I said, 1860 is not your average club. They have been in the 2.BL for too long, have not had a consistent forward for a long time. They can afford to turn away offers and keep Osako. Look at BVB and Lewandowski. So, not every situation is as you describe. I think Osako is one of those....that is, besides his 6 month aussteigsklausel.

24. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Up to a certain price. The question is if anyone is willing to meet that valuation.
    And that's exactly why clubs make statements like that -- to raise the price.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Not all the time. 1860 said they won't let him go after this summer because the money they would get from letting him go would be FAR less than the money they would get from getting promoted. They realize he is key to their future plans.

As I said, Lewa stayed at BVB and Dortmund turned down an obscene amout of money for him to leave this year. Why? Because the cost of keeping him (the money lost in any transfer) was far less than the money they would have gotten from BL and CL play. 1860 is in a similar position but with much smaller stakes.

Few clubs would ever offer enough to make 1860 think twice about letting Osako leave. And German clubs are very smart...they don't make wild offers for players like you see in England, Spain or Italy. That's why German football clubs are more financially sound than any other clubs in Europe. The market price for an Osako transfer is not large enough to make 1860 think twice. The ONLY time that might change is if an non-German club made an insane offer...but you can count the number of times that has happened on one hand. You have a better chance of scoring with Kate Upton than 1860 has of getting an insanely high amount for Osako.