2013 Walk Up Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GreatZar, Feb 11, 2013.

1. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a different point than your initial argument appeared to be. Your first point is that we were suckers for buying season tickets when we could get cheaper tickets to the home opener. Of course my equivalent seat was a whopping 50 cents cheaper, plus a $5 voucher of food in stadium that I wouldn't use.

Now not buying season tickets to make a statement to ownership is a different argument, one I can't disagree with though I'm not there yet.

2. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would agree with the dissatisfaction of the team itself. Bravo's judgement should be under some serious questions at this point, and Pareja is nothing more than an woefully incompetent buffoon. The time for excuses is over.

However, I would argue that the Rapids Front Office, in spite of their numerous shortcomings, are putting much more effort to improve than they ever have in the past. At least there is some transparency and a desire to get better, which to me is more genuine than any of the previous years the team has existed. Thats something I can hang my hat on.

Plus my season tickets help the supporters movement in this state, which to me is the most important of all reasons to have them.

3. Stuart95

Stuart95 Member+

Mar 11, 2012
    NoVA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an Arsenal fan as well. I appreciate Kroenke not being a Mark Cuban like psycho owner interfering in day to day operations, especially with Arsenal, but some sign of life from him would be nice. I also appreciate him not going into a Chelsea/Man City like spending arms race since financial fair play is looming but right now Arsenal can't stay competative.

You'd have better insight into the direct relationship with the FO. From what I can see (friendlies, WCQ), agree that they're improving. However, the current buffoonary on the pitch pretty much negates this.

4. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, I'd sum it up like this:

The Good
    • More Marking and Visibility - Billboards, banners, light rail, etc.
    • Expanded News Coverage - Denver Post actually covering the team, 9-News jersey unveiling, etc.
    • Customer Service - If you are unhappy and complain (reasonably), they'll actually try to get in touch with you and try to make up for it rather than just ignoring you.
    • More Transparency - Social media and twitter updates. Fans are less in the dark than in the past, and info is more accessible to the non-hardcore.
    • Season Ticket Numbers Rising - This is a sign that the Rapids are creating more value, in spite of the team.
    • The Academy - self explanatory.
    • Make Genuine Attempts to Improve Altitude's Coverage - such has hiring a real PBP guy.
    • Helping to get US Nat games back in Denver.
    • Actually making an effort to understand that there is value to supporter groups.
    The Bad
    • The Team - This is arguably the worst team we've ever had, and no sign of this laughable excuse of a coach being under any pressure.
    • The Lack of Any Marquee Players - Forget DPs, this team has no real game changers on the roster. Period.
    • Shirt Sponsor - Being the last of all MLS teams to acquire one and having multiple deals fall through is by any definition a complete and utter failure.
    • More Transparency - I did list this under the "Good" section as well, but with that comes more opportunities for things to blow up in your face.
    • Still not understanding what having "integrity" as a club really means. A good example is our halftime "entertainment" on Sunday's game that basically amounted to an infomercial for Arsenal FC.
    • Rarely Having a Backup Plan - Whether its a player acquisitions or the absolutely horrible way they handled last weekend's game, they seem to not think things through very carefully.

Stuart95 repped this.
  5. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would also like to point out that my "Good" column is a lot bigger than it would have been a few years ago.

6. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    What was that? I was on the concourse and didn't hear the beginning, were they playing clips narrated by the new pbp guy, or was it truly just a random, "here's what Arsenal before" sort of thing?

7. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was basically a completely unwarranted and unnecessary highlight reel exclusively from Arsenal this year. That it.

My ticket rep told me the idea was to try and introduce newer fans to the broader game...to which I called bullshit. I'd be one thing if it was highlights from around the league, or around the world. Then that argument would hold up.

In reality this was clearly just a scheme to use the Rapids as a vehicle to sell the Arsenal brand. It wasn't even a review or anything, it was just flashing goals they have scored over the season.

Does Seattle show Chelsea highlights during half time? Does Palermo show highlights of Juventus during half time? Hell, Chivas USA probably doesn't even show Chivas Classic™ highlights at their games.

Not all Rapids fans are Arsenal fans, not all Rapids fans even follow the Premiership. The partnership thing is fine and whatever, but this is just incessantly trying to ram it down our throats.

I would hope the Rapids have enough integrity that they don't need to be advertizing for another club during their own games just so Kroenke can line his pockets.

8. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Weird, I agree. This is also about the worst Arsenal season to advertise. If they were going to advertise anything it would made sense to advertise the other KSE Denver teams.

9. Hunt998

Hunt998 Member

Feb 17, 2012
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I think they are going for legitimacy through association ("we're partners with Arsenal so we must be a big deal!"). Unfortunately it just comes off as bush league and an attempt to line Silent Stan's already overflowing pockets.

I wasn't overly disappointed with the way Sunday's game actually went down (other than about another crappy result) but I'm not a C38 terrace dweller and didn't realize how badly they'd screwed up on that one. I thought attendance was actually pretty decent given the circumstances and was actually pretty happy that the Rapids have 7k in fans that were willing to change their schedules and "brave the weather", although it admittedly was a pretty nice 40 degrees out. Can you imagine what turnout would have been a few years ago? Or go back to the old Invesco days, it would have been empty.

10. commercecity

commercecity Member

Oct 8, 2007
    Commerce City, CO
    Ha! Avs highlights?! In my head the deep-voice-of-God announcer overtones "...the O'Reilly contract impasse..."

11. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    "Arby's 4-packs available!"