2013 Walk Up Ticket Prices

Discussion in 'Colorado Rapids' started by GreatZar, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Does one need to be a C38 member/supporter to get those tix?

2. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're still working out details and logistics for how everything is going to tie in with STH perks etc., but we will have tickets available for purchase through our new website (which is currently under construction).
    I can't tell you, because I have no idea. I'm not actually on the C38 executive board (I'm just the party whip :D) and was not involved in the actual process of making this deal happen.

More or less. Again, details are still being worked out and I'm not one of the people that brokered the deal.

No. The plan is that you simply buy through us, and then pick your tickets up at the tailgate. Though I highly encourage everyone to become a member that isn't already.

We'll get more detailed info up once we get everything figured out.

3. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    This is pretty awesome, isn't it? I mean, there's working with the SG's, but the FO is ceding control of money-related stuff, which seems to say a lot.

Jasonma, jayd8888 and COMtnGuy repped this.
  4. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This x2, I have to commend the SG leadership and yes, even Hinchey (I would expect he would have to approve it) for making this happen.

22SteveD repped this.
  5. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
  6. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a good example of why having a very large group of organized supporters is useful. The FO will give you things if you can show them you can bring the numbers.

There really is no reason not to be a member. It costs you absolutely nothing and you get some good benefits in return. All you have to do is sign up by sending an email to join@c38sg.com. Thats it. It'll put you on our mailing list and you'll then be in the loop with all of the stuff we have going on.

Website (Current page is temporary)
    Facebook
    Twitter
    RMC Road Trip Site (100% organized by us)

7. Cos_Mos

Cos_Mos Member

Aug 31, 2007
    Broomfield
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Quinn! I'll be patient about picking up an extra ticket for the opener.

8. Dom. FC

Dom. FC Member+

May 10, 2004
    Central US
    Here is the auto-reply for joining:

"We're so glad you've decided to join the fun with C38! C38 is 100% donation driven and 100% volunteer run. We depend on you to keep things going and it's going to be as good as our members make it. This is all you need to do to join. Your email address will be added to our email list so you'll be kept up to date about all things Centennial 38. We try to limit emails to once a week, but once in a while we're human and forget something - or something important arises that needs your immediate attention. If you ever have any questions or problems with anything - drop an email to C38@C38sg.com - we'll either answer your questions or find someone that can answer them or help you out! We've got season ticket deals that can't be beat, so if you're interested - let us know! We also run buses from our many Downtown Denver Soccer Pub partners to the games. Be sure to keep your eye on our website too for Rapids Coverage, Events, and many other useful things. We hope you join us at our tailgates and get to know some of your fellow supporters! It will begin every game at least two hours before kickoff - don't wait till 30 minutes before because we'll be cleaning up. Please - speak up and let us help you get to know us! Centennial 38"

Totoro and Quinn 33 repped this.
  9. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That wasn't long. Tickets now selling for $13.20 each through Rapids Ticket Horse. If you are a season ticket holder, you are a sucker. And the $13.20 price gets you an in stadium $5 voucher so the price is actually $8.20 each.

10. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For N. Corner tickets to 1 game. Tickets in 108 (or the equivalent, 105 in this case) are still $40 so over a 17 game season that's still $320 more than what my season tickets are, almost double.

If you're cool with, IMO, relatively lousy tickets then yeah, being a season ticket holder is pointless.

TeleRock and Jimmydinho repped this.
  11. Soaker888

Soaker888 Member+

Feb 21, 2012
    Denver
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    As a season ticket holder, you could take the extra comp tix you get and sell them to the sucker who thought the $13.20 seats would be worthwhile.
    BTW: $5 at the Dick actually gets you $2 worth of crap in the real world, so it's really a $11.20 ticket...but who's counting?

12. jayd8888

jayd8888 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denver CO
    I'm just glad the low price option is out there. As a STH I just want more and more people in the building.

TeleRock, Jimmydinho and COMtnGuy repped this.
  13. Quinn 33

Quinn 33 Member+

Apr 25, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dippin' Dots seats.

14. COYP

COYP Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Denver
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where are the details of this package? I don't see it.

15. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet you, Jason, that there are similar deals for nearly all matches during the season. If the Rapids do this for a "sell out" match (home opener), what will they do for Wed night matches when nobody comes anyway?

The cheap seats were slightly more for east touchline tickets (not just 105 or N Corner).

The only benefit to being a season ticket holder is the party and some discount perks (if you spend money to take advantage of them). As a season ticket holder last year, I was disgusted with the benefits of paying more for tickets and the EOY party. Add that they raise prices, miss playoffs, no DP, a shvte owner, promises for jersey sponsor, dismantling the team/coach that won our only hardware (I could go on and on), and I felt like a GIANT SUCKER.

If I felt that the Rapids FO cared at all, I would be a season ticket holder to simply support the team (the ONLY reason to be a season ticket holder anymore).

16. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    My wife and I use more benefits than the party and discounts. We love the close-in parking, ability to trade our unused tickets, and having someone to call with questions. Add that to a discounted seat price and knowing that we will always have the seats that we want and we are happy with buying season tickets.

We don't make every game, we miss a fair amount due to work travel. The perks above and the idea of supporting the team keep us season ticket holders.

rod.

DavidJames repped this.
  17. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know people buy the cheapest seat available and sit where ever they see a free seat.

But since I want Rapids to do/ be better, I don't mind paying for STs and making commute down to see games.

22SteveD repped this.
  18. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A "sellout" during a winter storm with possible blizzard conditions, if it happens at all tomorrow. You don't think its just a coincidence that they started offering this package after the local news started hyping snowpocoplypse 2013?

You're right, I missed that. Tickets in 105 (the equivalent to 108) are $21.45. considering I paid $21/game for my season ticket the one thing I'm missing out on is the $5 voucher for food, which I don't eat int he stadium anyway (unless its good on min-donuts). And I'd have to hope they do the same offer every game, which they won't (they won't do it for 4th of July for example).

Free scarf, extra tickets, tailgate parking pass, never having to deal with buying tickets for a game, you know, the ONLY benefit. Oh, and now my season tickets go to support Centennial 38 as well.

Fine, you felt like a sucker, but how does going for the free scarf and parking instead of a $5 stadium voucher amount to everyone who buys a season ticket being a sucker?

19. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Normally...you make the club feel pain as a group by not buying season tickets.

However, thinking about it now, less than 4,000 season tickets is already bare bones and embarrassing. Can we all just click our heels three times and get a new owner? *sigh*

I've got stupid amounts of scarves already. I should donate them to charity. We're all pretty much suckers praying for a miracle that the football Gods will bless us again.

Nevermind...

22SteveD repped this.
  20. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Close in parking? Most matches, that doesn't matter a lick. So few people come, there's plenty of close in parking. For a few matches you might have to show up early and tailgate with C38.

Trade tickets? How about only buying tickets you'll use in the first place (a day or two before the match when you know your schedule).

Someone to call with questions? OK. I guess I can't call anyone and get the same horrible answers.

Discounted seat price? The tickets available for home opener and the next match are cheaper than your season tickets.

Same seats? Got me here.

Supporting the team? Good for you.

21. GreatZar

GreatZar Member

Colorado Rapids
    United States
    Mar 29, 1999
    Denver, CO, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My main point is we're rewarding the same horrible ownership and front office. Where is your breaking point?

22. COMtnGuy

COMtnGuy Member+

Apr 5, 2012
    Higher than you
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However, if none of us support them then the team is moved to Florida and they get luxury of new ownership.

22SteveD repped this.
  23. WJMarx

WJMarx BigSoccer Supporter

May 5, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Rapids & Arsenal fan I fully feel your pain. Kroenke's sports franchise ownership is a strange as he does not seem to be a man of passion, adventure or excitement. He is a businessman and simply does not care about the teams, the coaches, the players, the fans or anything else about the sport or the franchises. Either teams' future success will be by-gosh and by dumb luck. We are stuck with Kroenke. Mysteriously, if he is eschewing the reported 1 1/2 billion dollar offer for Arsenal there is no hope of getting rid of him! "Punishing" him or the FO by not purchasing season tickets seems like a moot point. It is what it is!!!

Not a chance!

Cos_Mos repped this.
  24. Rod1916

Rod1916 Member+

Jun 17, 2012
    Colorado
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I can tell you and I will differ on this. Which is OK.

On parking, we park right up front, then walk into the gate right next to our seats. A straight shot out of the parking lot gives us a quick exit with little traffic. To us, it is a big benefit.

On trading tickets, we actually like bringing groups of friends to the game. I suppose we could purchase group sets of tickets, but would spend more for the same seats. We could save a little by purchasing cheaper seats, but then we are purchasing cheaper seats. (We are 108'ers, not standing)

So, for us, season tickets have some good benefits. If that is not the same for you, then purchase individual games. Doesn't really bother me either way.

rod.