2013 USMNT Galaxy Flavored Thread

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by CSUFstewie, Jan 6, 2013.

1. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

2. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To each his own. You'd think disagreement was a new thing here.

3. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is starting to sound like the USA Mens' board. Please people, can't we agree to disagree and let it be?

4. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would bet money that what he said about Dempsey is nothing that he hasn't already said to his face long ago. This most certainly is not some revelation for Dempsey and he will have zero issue with it.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  5. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    For that matter, there are only two reasons to have a nats-related thread here at all:

1) Galaxy-related nats talk (like, Landon, Omar, AJ) - for which any discussion of Clint Dempsey, as an example, is irrelevant. Or,

2) Because the bulk of the traffic on the nats board is flat out stupid postings by people who watch the game once every four years and are therefore instant experts. So this should be at a more intelligent level.

Being one of the great promulgators of thread drift, it probably doesn't behoove me to make this comment at all, but if we are going to have nats-related discussions here, lets keep it elevated.

galaxydeadhead and WarGalaxy repped this.
  6. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only reason I brought it up originally was I thought the coach's position was relevant to our players' appearance on the Nats. Plus, there are some LA fans here that enjoy talking the Nats but don't go to the Nats board for the reasons Cadaver mentions. Got derailed, but my original intent was LA related. But sure, I have no problems dropping the Jurgen talk.

So...back to LA programming:

In other news, Fabian Johnson and Dolo might be injured through the 2/6 game. That means that Omar's chances of going to Honduras may increase because Cameron may have to be moved out to fullback (pending Castillo, Chandler and Parkhurst). I'm wondering if Jurgen would consider giving him time in Honduras if those injuries prevent those call-ups.

Hachiko repped this.
  7. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cameron didn't play today against Man City due to a hamstring injury so he might also be injured through the 2/6 game.

8. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From The Shin Guardian (no idea of his sources):
    The skinny: Starting centrally, word trickling out of the grapevine is that Omar Gonzalez is having a monster camp. That should at least turn the corners of US fans lips up.

9. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ^Course, in the same article he says Omar needs to get used to more physical play and gets him a bit for whining. What I remember is a couple comments against Lenhart. I guess the entire league whines then. Whatever. Of all the things that are Omar's weaknesses, physicality is not one of them. One v. ones & distribution, you have a point. Physicality? You must be a Smurfs fan.

10. Regal

Regal Member

Aug 10, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omar will definitely get minutes against Canada. I'm not sure about AJ, but he may come in as a late sub. I see us winning at least 2-0. Can't wait 'til game time.

USA!

11. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah, man, I feel bad for AJ. He didn't make the game-day roster.

But Omar is starting. I'm hoping for a great game from him. It starts now, Omar! Claim your spot!

The Beautiful Gamer and MPNumber9 repped this.
  12. generaladmissision18

Jul 29, 2011
    Highland park, ca
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They have a basically omar Gonzales cam, really focusing on him tonight

Berks repped this.
  13. Beirut

Beirut Member+

Feb 3, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    No creativity in midfield + no off the ball movement = boring. Evans over Mix and Feilhaber for that CAM position?

Berks and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  14. StillKickin

StillKickin Member+

Austin FC
    Dec 17, 2002
    Texas
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Man, Lalas said at halftime he thinks we've seen the last of Landon for the USMNT. That makes me incredibly sad. Then he said the team could possibly be better off without him since it would make it Dempsey's team. That makes me incredibly mad.

And this boring game bites.

Berks repped this.
  15. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crap team selection.....
    Crap tactics.....
    Crap crowd.....
    Crap announcers.....

Taylor Twellman in particular does a disservice to the sport the way he exaggerates performances and abilities of players, "Kyle Beckerman showed his class tonight". I mean seriously, yeah if all the teams we ever play sit behind the ball than Beckerman shielding the back 4 would look very well. Play any decent side and lets see that class come to the forefront.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  16. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, we all know you play soccer with only one guy on a team. Ridiculous how undervalued Landon is. How he takes away from Dempsey somehow I have never seen and have no idea what these people are talking about.

I wonder if there are some issues between Landon and Klinsmann. Maybe he doesn't want to play for him. Pure speculation on my part.

17. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a really boring game. I don't know what this team is doing, but it's not putting a consistently good performance out. I'd settle for winning, but Klinsmann said early on he was going for entertaining, too. That's not happening.

We possessed the ball pretty well, but didn't have enough chances on goal.

Omar did OK.

The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  18. Geneva

Geneva LA for Life

Feb 5, 2003
    Southern Cal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would any of you take Tony Beltran over AJ or Sean Franklin? I sure wouldn't. Someone send a note over to JK; he needs some help with player selection. I'm rapidly losing confidence in the guy, and holding my breath for the hex, especially if we try to do it without Landon.

Berks and The Beautiful Gamer repped this.
  19. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The LA Galaxy would have creamed this USMNT. Seriously.

20. hav77

hav77 Member+

May 31, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Omar would have shut down Keano and The Magee.

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  21. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given the fact Gonzo was one of the better players tonight, take him away and I genuinely think the Galaxy would have put a couple past them. The only difficult mark would be Sean Franklin against Josh Gatt but still Franklin would have an advantage because Gatt wasn't supposed to be out there, he plays most his football on the right. Klinsmann has played more players out of position than I thought was humanly possible for a national team manager.

I literally adored Klinsmann as a player but as a manager he hasn't impressed me at all. None of my heroes became good managers. For Spurs Hoddle and Ardiles were bad, also as a Roma fan I fear the day Totti goes into management, that will be another hero diminished.

..... The Hughton and Poyet have done alright. I wouldn't call Poyet a hero though....

22. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I am skeptical about anything controversial Lalas says these days. He has drunk the ESPN Kool-Ade and become the resident agent provocateur.

Second, if it turns out that he is right, that means LAG gets 100% of LD's efforts, and I am OK with that. Actually, happy with that if it comes down to it.

galaxydeadhead repped this.
  23. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that was the case he would be training with the Galaxy right now and not have needed the extra break, so I highly doubt there are any issues between Jurgen and Landon.

24. The Cadaver

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this like those arguments you had as a kid? You know, the one that starts, "If Superman and Captain Marvel got into a fight...."

hav77, The Beautiful Gamer and TrickHog repped this.
  25. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's just January training camp. Beltran has no shot of making the USMNT A team.