2013 U20 World Cup Roster Thread

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by Real Corona, Feb 26, 2013.

1. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well no need for U20 WC convo's including him now at least. Sad though our luck is awful with these young guys and injuries.

2. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clavicle = collarbone.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  3. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL
    Still we now know Tab is an idiot.

4. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    Sucks for Jack. I was thinking he was just going to keep quiet and play his way onto the WC team through his MLS performances and basically leave Tab no choice. And till his injury he was on that path.

Even if his recover is on the short-end and he's ready in 6 weeks AND even if he was higher in Tab's depth chart, I don't see how he makes it now unless there are a lot of injuries. The time frame is just too short. It's not impossible but it's very doubtful.

6. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The good news is that he should be able to start running and doing fitness work pretty soon after surgery. The bad news is collarbones can be a bitch to heal properly.

7. jnavi1

jnavi1 Member

Sep 16, 2012
    We are going to need to be a counter attacking team if we plan on beating Spain and France. DROP THE 4-3-3

8. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    U20 teams are their B teams. We'll be fine.

9. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rodriguez has been playing pretty regularly and scoring for Kaiserslautern since he came back from qualifying. It is most likely that the reason he was not playing before was because of a paperwork issue which is pretty common with a non-Euro passport youth player.

10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Still not a fan. He looked pretty bad during qualifying.

11. ielag

ielag Member+

Jul 20, 2010
    You don't know that until you see their rosters and even their B teams would still be considered stronger than us. Spain is the defending U20 champs.

12. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but their best U20 players play U21 generally. They'll still be good but people saying Pogba and Varane are going to be playing for France are kidding themselves.

13. Zak1FCK

Zak1FCK Member+

Aug 23, 2005
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    FC Kaiserslautern
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He had not played a competitive game in at least 6 months. Rodriguez has scored 4 goals in 4 league games and 2 goals in 1 cup game since he came back from qualifying. There is only one game during that time period he did not see the field and is starting most of the time.

USAMEX10 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  14. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you are confusing U-21 and U-19 teams. The U-21 teams are basically like our U-23 teams and he teams we will be playing are the U-19 teams.

Am I correct or am wrong?

15. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that's right, but a lot of U21 teams have guys who some guys are 19-20 years old. The best of the best 19-20 year olds will play up with the U21's at the Euros, the likes of Suso, Deulofeu, Varane, Pogba (France didn't qualify but they won't be at the U20 WC), Niang. The difference between U19 and U21 teams is vast. The best U19 guys are playing up for the most part.

16. Ironkick14

Ironkick14 Member+

Sep 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The bolded part is a completely unconfirmed assumption on your part. Is it likely they will not be there. But you cannot say with certainty they wont go to the U20 WC.

17. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Pogba was the centerpiece of the U20 team in qualifying. It's certainly not a guarantee that he won't be at the WC.

18. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    He's starting again today with the first team.

19. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd think France would see it as pointless to send him there, the WCQ for Europe was before he became a big piece of Juventes. I'll be really surprised if him or Varane are at the U20 WC.

20. thetank123

thetank123 Member

Dec 28, 2009
    Morris with an assist and a second assist. There is no way he's not going to Turkey. I don't care what level he plays at outside of camp, if a coach invites a kid who dominates he's going to rate him. Akin to what Mike Mayock was talking about re the Senior Bowl and how it impacts what round a kid gets taken in NFL draft.

21. aw072760

aw072760 Member

Sep 6, 2011
    Dallas, Tx
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We shall see, he's definitely playing well at the right time, which is the point of your post. If he's playing this well, he obviously has talent, so I won't be opposed to him being in Turkey. If he plays is another question.

22. Germerica

Germerica Member+

May 2, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    This thread is primarily discussing those who could make the roster. Not who is going to start against Spain. It's hard to make that judgement without seeing these players somewhat regularly as a collective.

23. Mario Balotelli

Mario Balotelli Member+

United States
    Feb 28, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Morris keeps showing well and outplaying guys that were ahead of him on the depth chart, I have no problem with him making the roster. He could be a big time player who's been flying under the radar or has just recently made huge strides in his game for all we know.

Germerica repped this.
  24. genom

genom Member

May 27, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. Peretz48

Peretz48 Member+

Nov 9, 2003
    Los Angeles
    U20s 6 Cal FC 2

1. TopDrawerSoccer.com@TopDrawerSoccer 2h
    2. Goals from Joya, Serna, and Koroma in the last five minutes. U20s win 6-2.