2013 Transfer rumors!!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Sep 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    I don't get why everybody is so down on Fellaini in the first place. He seems like the type of purchase that Michael Carrick was - the top player for a 4-6 side who is ready for their chance on the big stage. For 15-20m I think Fellaini would be a great purchase and actually surprise quite a few people.

2. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Football. He might be world class at elbowing and volleyball though.

Bronaldo repped this.
  3. LA. MAN UNITED

LA. MAN UNITED Member+

May 22, 2006
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Billy's post is up to #5 on the New York Times best seller list.

LGRod, sdotsom, johno and 8 others repped this.
  4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

semantics. ;)

5. Simon Fuller

Simon Fuller Red Card

Jul 20, 2009
    Precisely. Man United are not truly ambitious beyond making revenue.

They were too busy attaching giant shops to their stadium and prostituting their name through merchandise and non-football services.

They have shown consistently that they are content with English dominance. Had they operated like a team who makes such money ought, then they would not have seen Ole Gunnar Solskjaer and Teddy Sheringham as good enough, nor two lucky Champions League final wins in which they were outplayed as acceptable.

Had they made it their mission to sign the very best in the world, with money no object and put Manchester U on an even keel with Real Madrid and Barcelona, the best would be itching to go there instead of selecting not only the two La Liga giants but worse, Bayern Muenchen, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Think about this: Oezil went to Madrid for less than half your comedy bid for Francesc Fabregas. If Manchester United had established themselves as a destination for the elite by giving Batistuta, even crappy Shearer no other financially viable choice and extended their dominance to Europe, then a player like Oezil, who himself will dominate in coming years (shows the ineptitude of Madrid that they failed so miserably despite his presence) could have seem Man Utd as attractive.

Instead, you are like the guy who goes up to the beauty in club, sees a better man approach, so goes grind against a plumper on the dance floor, claiming the beauty is not worth the hassle.

6. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    You've given yourself away, SirManc.

Come back under your real user...I won't bully you anymore.

johno and Cevno repped this.
  7. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Chubbies need love too.

djcandle19 repped this.
  8. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Called it. :p

He was talking about that same conversation on his other account in the Bayern boards too.

Karloski repped this.
  9. Simon Fuller

Simon Fuller Red Card

Jul 20, 2009
    I don't know who you think I am but I can assure you I'm not this "SirManc".

How about you address the points I make instead of using the smokescreen of calling me a sock?

10. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

Ideologically speaking, we cannot ignore your status as a possible sock.

MizzouMUFC and Karloski repped this.
  11. Kawaiius

Kawaiius Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    How does everyone feel about Cabaye..since that's the direction we seem to be heading..lower and lower down the totem pole

12. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Well, to be fair, your account was created 4 years ago to make a one post joke......then nothing until now. Seems fair to assume you're an existing member of this forum.

I however, will give you the benefit of the doubt and address your points.

I also am a great admirer of Ozil. In fact I don't think I've ever seen him have a bad game. Do you think it is even possible for Ozil to have a bad game?

johno, nicephoras, Bronaldo and 2 others repped this.
  13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

:ROFLMAO:

14. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    SirManc would never type Muenchen instead of Munich, that rules him out.

15. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It could be like "The Dark Half" and a forum sock has taken on a sinister life of it's own, travelling BigSoccer as an obnoxious Deutchophile, pointing out your clubs shortcomings and confronting apathy towards the umlaut wherever they find it.

johno and Bronaldo repped this.
  16. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

Unless he knew that we'd think this and typed Muenchen to throw us off his trail.

johno and Stud83 repped this.
  17. Kawaiius

Kawaiius Member

Oct 31, 2004
    Maryland
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    This thread is TOO off-topic

18. Simon Fuller

Simon Fuller Red Card

Jul 20, 2009
    Any player can have a bad game. Though I'm not sure who this "Ozil" person is you mentioned...
    And Cevno did indeed spot the SirManc reference immediately but you were all too busy being mad at the collective trolling to notice... *snicker*

19. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005

Whose sock is that?

johno, Bronaldo and JC7rox repped this.
  20. Karloski

Karloski Member+

Oct 26, 2006
    England
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesut_Özil

Turkish guy who plays for Germany.

I lied.....I'm still going to bully you.

21. Simon Fuller

Simon Fuller Red Card

Jul 20, 2009
    Frankfurtly, I made a lengthy post about the transfer situation at Manchester United Footbal Club and was immediately trolled for mentioning the quality of Oezil.

The way you responded to the overt praise, it's as if you've all been plagued in a past life by some kind of "Oezil pervert"...

22. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Can JamesA look up his IP and use his ban hammer on the sock please.

23. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada

They don't need to look up the ip. The mods on this board banned my friends account (Prolenaldo) because they thought it was a sock of mine. If they had done an ip check they would have known it wasn't.

24. Simply Red

Simply Red Member

Feb 15, 2007
    Imo he would be usefull in the PL. Both as a back up for Carrick, which be desperately need, and together with Carrick against more physical sides. I also think he could be usefull in a three man midfield.

The biggest uncertainties regarding Fellaini are wether he'd cope with our faster passing game (if that continues under Moyes), and if he can handle high energy pressing sides. Our second game against Everton last season he couldn't cope with the way we hassled him. On the other side he would have better team mates at United.

Wether meeting his buy out clause represents good value, I'm not so sure. But I do think he would help us win more games, than points he would cost us.

I'd rather have Fabregas, but in a realistic world I wouldn't mind Fellaini.

25. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's me you silly buggers. You were all lamenting the lack of quality trolling since SirManc left so as a joke I tried to create such an entity.

It's not like I didn't allude to it afterwards. The username was originally used on the Galaxy forum 4 years ago as another joke.

My apologies to anybody whose discussion on our rampant transfer activity was disrupted.