2013 Revolution Roster

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by Mike Marshall, Dec 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What kills me is how much Kevin "B-Train" Allston is making. Seriously! With a lot of underpaid guys (Nguynn) who are very solid contributors, (not to mention they let Larentowiz go because they refused to pay him anything close to that) how can you justify that kind of money for an average player like that? Put another way, what kind of international signing can we get for $170k? Nyassi is another one, but people have already commented on the absurdity of that.

2. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you only knew the real guy behind the Soccer Doc name. :geek: You should have seen me in my years as a senior military commander. People under my command either produced or were quickly given the boot. You people have always mistaken me for a Mr Nice Guy. :laugh: I actually learned my management style for my first boss Adm Hyman Rickover who was the worlds worst pr**k to work for. My people used to say behind my back "the apple didn't fall from the tree" :cool:

If I have my way and Blooter Burns doesn't put together a winning team this year he will consider himself lucky if his ride out on town on a rail doesn't include a coat of tar and a lot of turkey feathers

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  3. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike, thank you for creating this list, great work!

Here is how I think it get's spent:

Player #18 = Walter Martinez $300,000
    Player #24 = Caldwell $44,000
    Players #25 - #28 = College draft choices $135,000

Leaving us $732,328 to spend on 2 players.

Still have defensive needs at this point and running into too many international players. Either need to make more trades or make it financially enticing to bring home some American defenders.

Boca?
    Parkhurst?
    Oneywu?

Does anyone have the link to the European transfer market players and their estimated worth?

4. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pr**cks get things done. I am Sure George Washington had his surly days.

"Sharp-tongued Hyman Rickover spurred his men to exhaustion, ripped through red tape, drove contractors into rages. He went on making enemies, but by the end of the war he had won the rank of captain. He had also won a reputation as a man who gets things done.

If we could only have an Admiral Rickover or a Gen. Curtis Lemay as the Revolution leaders, we would have a stadium built, be hoisting our 15th MLS trophy and European teams asking the Rev's to come play against them in our off-season!

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  5. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way Caldwell signs for $44,000. I think Guy gets shifted to the #24 spot. Caldwell gets a spot on our budget roster for around $70,000.

Then we have 3 more players on which we can spend the remaining budget

6. Mike Marshall

Mike Marshall Member+

Feb 16, 2000
    Woburn, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I checked...

It's very possible that Shuttleworth and Guy are on the Off-Budget Roster. I'm pretty sure they were on it last year. However, I think it's likely that they get shifted the Salary Budget Roster this year. Let's assume Rowe graduates from Generation Adidas status. That leaves two scenarios:

Scenario #1 - Leave Guy and Shuttleworth on the Off-Budget Roster.
    The Revs would be left with seven open roster spots, however, only three of them would be Off-Budget roster spots. Not sure this is ideal for a team with four of the first 36 picks in the draft. Also, they'd have to sign four players to the Salary Budget Roster for roughly $750,000. They could cut someone like Nyassi to get to five open Salary Budget Roster spots, but three of the five players would have to be Americans or Green Card Holders.

Scenario #2 - Move Guy and Shuttleworth to the Salary Budget Roster.
    The Revs would still have seven open roster spots, but five of them would be on the Off-Budget Roster. Much easier to fit in draft picks. They'd be down to about $650,000 (as a guess) in cap space, but could easily get back to $750,000 by releasing Nyassi. That would leave them with three open Salary Budget Roster spots, and they'd only have to find one American player.

Also, it doesn't matter how much money they'd give Caldwell, because he'd sign a Generation Adidas contract.

7. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've offered to take the job :D

8. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In your scenario, the only one of those above that affects the cap would be Martinez. The rest are all off-budget I believe.

9. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ryan Guy turned 26 in September. I think that means he would have to be on the senior roster in 2012, and definitely will have to be in 2013.

I have in my notes that Shuttleworth was promoted to the senior roster in January 2011, but I don't remember where I found that info. He turned 25 last May.

10. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    RevSoccerMV and NFLPatriot repped this.
  11. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's no such thing as a senior roster. The only age requirement for MLS rosters is this:

12. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It may not be called that anymore officially, as it's just the first 20 players count towards the cap, but even the MLS site still refers to "senior roster."

13. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's weird.

Point is, you can be on the off-budget roster and be over 25. In fact, ever single off-budget player could theoretically be over 25, as I don't see any rules that require carrying developmental players (unless the wording is weird).

14. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Aiieeee... you're just killing me today. :(

15. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where does it say off-budget players have to make $33,750. It says they have to make at least $33,750.

Technically, every off budget player could be over 25 and making 44,000

16. rkupp

rkupp Member+

Jan 3, 2001
    Parkhurst ain't walking through that door any time soon, to paraphrase Rick Pitino. Let's just get that out of the way once and for all. His options in Europe have never been better - he's moving further away, not closer. The only time we possibly see Parky here again would be for a swan song, due to age and/or injury (ala JMM).
    Yes. He's got some leverage - there's no way he takes a low-pay deal. And, ... we're assuming he does want to play in MLS, which hopefully is the case, but is not a foregone conclusion.

17. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you're assuming there's no MLS Draft, then sure ... every player on your roster from 21-30 could be 25+.

18. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, you don't have to draft anyone. You can pass every round. However no one would ever do that, hence why I used the word "technically"

19. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's missing from the leagues Roster Rules (I assume) is that slot is determined by sorting salaries from highest to lowest (with the exception of GAs). Otherwise, teams would be stashing their highest paid players on the Off Budget Roster. In other words, the new "senior roster" is slots 1-24, but only 1-20 (or 1-18 if you leave 2 empty) count against the Salary Budget.

So, sorting by guar salary, here is the Revs Roster at the end of the 2012 season:

Slot Player............Pos.Base ..Guar ($K)
    1... Feilhaber, B......M...400....446
    2... Toja, J...........M...200....200
    3... Alston, K.........D...120....169
    4... Reis, M...........GK..157....160
    5... Sene, S...........F...138....149
    6... Bengston, J.......F...120....120
    7... Soares, A.........D...76.5...116.5
    8... Cardenas, F.......M...100....100
    9... Nyassi, S.........M...84.....90.8
    10...McCarty, S........M...51.7...83
    11...Imbongo, D........F...70.....80
    12...Gavin, B..........M...60.....80
    13...Simms, C..........M...75.....78
    14...Tierney, C........M...73.....75
    15...Barnes, D.........D...68.....69
    16...Nguyen, L.........M...44.....50.5
    17...Lechner, F........D...44.....48
    18...Guy, R............M...44.....44
    19...unused.........
    20...unused.........
    =====================================
    21...Rowe, K...........M...75.....156
    22...Polak, T..........D...60.....73
    23...Fagundez, D ......F...55.....56
    24...Murray, T.........GK..44.....44
    25...Shuttleworth, B...GK..44.....44
    26...Brettschneider, B.F...33.8...33.8
    27...Purdie, A.........F...33.8...33.8
    28...Roach, M..........F...33.8...33.8
    29...unused.........
    30...unused.........

I am assuming Fagundez is home grown GA, otherwise, swap him with Guy.

20. Revs in 2010

Revs in 2010 Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Roanoke, VA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doc, could you retroactively pin the doll to the post?:D

21. Soccer Doc

Soccer Doc Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Keene, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No way I would post a picture of Blooter since I think it would screwup my computer just like everything else he's been involved in has. You'll just have to relax and let your mind enjoy the image of Mickey covered in VooDoo pins. ;)

22. MLSFan123

MLSFan123 Member+

Mar 21, 2011
    Boston Area
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read on another board that the full age DP slot will take a $367k cap hit this season, but this has not yet been confirmed by an official MLS document as the 2013 rules have not been released to the public yet.

23. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Go to transfermarkt.co.uk and search for those guys. Click on performance data to see season by season specifics.

I would link to their pages directly but the iPad makes linking a pain in the ass.

24. MrSangster

MrSangster Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Duxbury,MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Add Scott Caldwell at slot # 18.
    Goncalves at 19?
    DP at 20?

College draftee's at 24, 25, 26 27 & 28?