2013 Predictions

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Berks, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As they come out from various parties, and feel free to post your own here - looked for a thread doing this already, couldn't find it.

I've always loved Grant Wahl ;) :

7. The Los Angeles Galaxy will win an unprecedented third straight MLS Cup final. -- Give David Beckham plenty of credit for going out with his second consecutive MLS Cup title in 2012, but let's be honest: The Galaxy should be a bit better on the field in 2013 by not having to build its attack around a 38-year-old Beckham in the central midfield (and that's even if DP replacement target Kaká doesn't join until 2014). With Donovan, Robbie Keane, Omar González and a slew of good experienced role players (Mike Magee, Todd Dunivant, Sean Franklin, etc.), Bruce Arena's Galaxy is poised to make history with its third straight MLS crown in 2013. I think it'll happen.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20121227/2013-predictions-soccer/#ixzz2GIIlluXh

ssanchez and profiled repped this.
  2. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We win one for the thumb.

3. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think if we can hold on to Donovan, Juninho and Gonzalez i'm very confident we can 3-peat. Cudiccini is a MASSIVE upgrade in goal, along with Hesmer. If we can sign Kaka or even Lampard it's an upgrade from Becks since he was definitely slowing down considerably.

4. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe true, but that's an awful lot of "ifs."

5. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict plenty of new pieces, a slow start (not as bad as last year) and a lot of Grumpy Bruce quotes about needing to find consistency, get all players on the same page, it's a long season, etc. Followed by a run to the Cup Final, and that's where my crystal ball gets foggy, not sure if we win that or not, but we'll be in the game. CCL we make the final four and get beat by a Mexican team and there's a lot of wailing about the salary cap holding us back.

6. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Prediction?"

(TrickHog stares intently at the rest of MLS)

"Pain."

:):)

7E23, hav77, 100fyers and 6 others repped this.
  7. dashiel

dashiel Member+

Jul 15, 2000
    orange county
    As Cadavear points out it’s a littler early in the day to make predictions given so many unknowns, not just with LA, but with other teams. Not to mention once you get to the playoffs everything is thrown out the window.

1) Chivas will continue to embarrass themselves, the league and their fans
    2) New York will spend a bunch of money, but will continue to have influential figures who don’t get MLS at all
    3) San Jose will come crashing back to earth with CCL commitments, a less favorable schedule and fingers crossed a crack down on Lenhart’s shenanigans
    4) Toronto will actually put together a passable season
    5) Portland will make the play-offs
    6) I think Seattle may struggle
    7) The Galaxy will largely maintain the form of the past 4 years give or take. I expect we will make the playoffs.

Benz280, profiled and phoenixhazard repped this.
  8. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But don't you think it's fun? I do. :D

9. iride_mybike

iride_mybike Member

Mar 31, 2004
    DFW
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Mike Magee will continue to be Mike Magee thus enriching the lives of everyone on Earth.

Mike Magee will also point out to Landon Donovan that he is good at only one thing, playing soccer. Landon will realize it is play or have to sit next to Lalas week in and week out. He opts to play and leads us to CCL and MLS Cup glory.

After winning the CCL and too many celebratory margaritas, Tim Leiweke is spotted on the balcony of a Mexican hotel in his underwear yelling "I am President of the Galaxy, bitches!"

Omar decides not to own Steven Lenhart but instead chooses to lease him with an option to buy. After brutalizing Lenhart all season long leading Omar to another Defender of the Year award, he will decline the option to buy and instead will buy the bridge Lenhart lives under, implode said bridge with Lenhart perishing in the rubble thus enriching the lives of everyone on Earth.

While in Tokyo to play for the FIFA Club World Cup, Gonzilla will win an epic battle with Godzilla. Many toy cars will be smashed in the process.

Robbie Keane and Kaka each score a goal in the FIFA Club World Cup as we defeat Barcelona 2-1. All Messi can say is that he is thankful he got to play on the same pitch as Mike F'n Magee.

After too many celebratory sake bombs, Tim Leiweke is spotted on the balcony of a Tokyo hotel in his underwear yelling "I am President of the Galaxy, bitches!"

lagalaxy900, hav77, Geneva and 4 others repped this.
  10. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am pretty sure both of these will happen even if we don't win the CCL or make the Club World Cup.

Random predictions: TequilaJoal will disown the Galaxy after a few rough weeks and declare that the entire organization is crap, pointing to Tijuana as the team we should be emulating.

We won't see a significant drop in attendance because of Beckham leaving--attendance numbers to remain flat this year.

Bruce Arena will perfect his sarcastic non-answers and continue to feel like everyone is disrespecting the Galaxy.

Todd Dunivant has a midlife crisis, ends up frosting his tips and beefing with opposing players as he has his final quality year before retirement. Set sa new personal high for red cards.

Some dumb commentator will do a story on how unsuccessful soccer is in this country, we'll all flip out in hate and rage, and everyone will forget it all as excitement builds for WC2014.

Berks repped this.
  11. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How does NY still not have a head coach with the draft two weeks away? Dysfunction, thy name is RBNY.

12. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    The fact that they're hiring assistant coaches (or are rumored to be) may suggest they have one, just working on details or waiting for something... or like you said they're a total train wreck.

13. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No offseason is a complete trainwreck when you jettison both your nutzoid coach and Rafa Marquez. I give them a B- so far for the offseason, even without a head coach.

14. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    wonder if they're gonna replace Marquez...

15. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair point. Maybe they are slightly above clueless then.

Gotta love the fact they never showed up for the draft a few weeks ago either for jettisoned players. Just didn't show. As a professional, who does that?!?!?!?

16. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone who looks at the list of available players and has higher ambitions?

17. Berks

Berks Member+

Dec 22, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's RBNY. I doubt it. Everyone showed up except them. Everyone.

18. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm. Replacing Marquez will be tough for NY.

I mean, where can you find a player who's that big of a douchebag?

Oh wait, there's one in San Jose.

That's who they need to get to replace Marquez...

phoenixhazard and ragbone repped this.
  19. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict this will happen:

[​IMG]

20. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that this year we should try to win the US Open Cup. Our youngsters are good enough to take us most of the way, I think. And plus Seattle will be really trying to get it back, since that's their little point of pride. We should deny them that. Just because we can.

WarGalaxy and generaladmissision18 repped this.
  21. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    lol, i love the last line.

i don't think Bruce every tried to not win it, he just never gave it our senior players. Our youth is brilliant but they aren't up to par to win the last couple rounds when everyone is playing their first squad.

Honestly I want to see the treble won this year but the depth is impossible in mls

22. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    I'd have no problems with us making a run at the Open Cup if it really is with the reserve/youth team players, but given the number of games we're going to have again, and as stated the thin depth MLS teams are able to obtain, having our first team players push for even more seems like a bad idea.

Berks repped this.
  23. galaxydeadhead

Feb 4, 2008
    Chihuahua MX
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We Win!:)

Hachiko repped this.
  24. tangelo

tangelo New Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Los Angeles, California
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looking for the G's to 3-peat. But I think a lot hangs on what Donovan does and who we pick up internationally.

Anyway, glad to be back! Havent been around these forums in over a year. Lost a lot of my old Facebook Galaxy buddies, so if you're out there, friend me: http://www.facebook.com/alverazricardez

Oh, and just bought my season tickets. 21 games, nice!

Go Galaxy!

Geneva and Hachiko repped this.
  25. Hachiko

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back.