2013 > Onward

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Crimen y Castigo, Dec 2, 2012.

1. LA_YANK_10

LA_YANK_10 Member+

Nov 25, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't think beckham was there once friedel agreed to spurs contract... I'm not suggesting you have to give him a DP contract, I'm suggesting that the money he is looking for would require him to have a dp designation.

2. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well i meant that we would give him less money so no DP contract needed. I'm pretty sure Keller went to the Sounders for peanuts compared to what he made at Fullham.

3. Benny Dargle

Benny Dargle Member+

Jul 23, 2008
    LA
    Jordan may be a great guy in the locker room, but he's getting up there in years of service and that might make his minimum salary requirement under the CBA too much to pay for a locker room guy who offers very little on the field. I think he was getting $55K this year, as compared with $33K for a low draft pick like Bryan Gaul, who played more than Jordan.

CDM76 repped this.
  4. Estiv-0

Estiv-0 Member

Aug 15, 2012
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was browsing through the Brazil forums and, surprise surprise, Juninho isn't even mentioned.
    It seems like Sao Paolo (unless things have changed since last season) along with the fans don't much care for him being a part of the team...so why don't they just offload him to us already?

Kilgore repped this.
  5. phoenixhazard

phoenixhazard Member+

Oct 26, 2010
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because the fans see MLS as inferior but the management might not

6. MPNumber9

MPNumber9 Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Landon is planning to leave the Galaxy, not making a definite announcement before the final is probably the classy thing to do. I think, as Captain, he sorta has a responsibility not to do that sort of thing. In a way, DB (for good or ill) has always been a bit bigger than the team, so even though I was personally a little at odds with the way his departure announcement co-opted everyone's attention in the final (as though triumphing over Houston was some taken-for-granted outcome) it's par for the course at this point. I'm just glad we won, so we wouldn't have had that awkward moment of interviewing David and his kids while Houston lifted the trophy in our stadium.

SoCalYid repped this.