2013 MLS Jersey/Kit/Uniform Leaks

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by profiled, Sep 10, 2012.

1. TheEmperor14

TheEmperor14 BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2011
    Down the road
    Club:
    Pohang Steelers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I read on the Philly interview with the adidas guy ( http://www.phillysoccerpage.net/2013/01/02/designing-the-kit/ )and from what I've heard, that's spot on:
    PSP: The Union kit design is pretty emphatic: Navy blue with a single strong vertical line in gold down the middle. That must present a challenge when it comes to designing new versions. How much can you change without breaking from tradition?
    MW: It is a strong look. But it is a great example of a team that knows what it wants to be so that gives us the frame to work in. You can still do something new while respecting the tradition the team has already built.
    If we try to go too far away from that, the team will pull us back and say that is not the direction they want to go in. We do not force any design onto a team. We will bring ideas, but allow them to guide us to where they want to go with the design.

It's a good article too.

2. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If that USA shirt is legit it pretty emphatically becomes my favorite USMNT jersey ever.

3. James Gaskill

James Gaskill Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Went to a reputable source to find out the official unveil date for the new Dynamo kit and all he had was an approximate date (mid Feb.) and that the collar is gone from both home and away. I'm guessing they are trying to line up a new sponsor and get it on the kit before that release it.

4. BUCKL3Y

BUCKL3Y New Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Pine Bush, New York
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    [​IMG]Got an email today about the new New York Red Bulls kit release party and in a teaser photo at the bottom it says "March to Soccer -- Jersey Week" The date of this party is Feb 25th, so I assume the week of the 25th is "jersey week".

5. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Yes, I'm pretty sure most kits are getting revealed around the 27th, so this makes sense.

6. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Welp, I just bought an authentic Le Toux jersey a month ago with the old font. Ouch.

7. Kejsare

Kejsare Member+

Portland Timbers
    Mar 10, 2010
    Virginia
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another leak floating on twitter, different from the last in a few respects. [1] The stitching down the sides; [2] The jock tag is a mix of Portland flag with Oregon outline; [3] The center vertical stripe seems narrower than the previous leak.

It is still a two tone green, but one center and the other green tone under the arms.

[​IMG]

Chupacerveza repped this.
  8. Darkwing McQuack

Darkwing McQuack BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 11, 2011
    Morrisville, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks as though this could be the authentic version. It's hard to tell, but the league patch and team badge look as though their iron on. It also has all the minor details the authentic's usually have. The flag patch could be covered over by the sleeve, but like I said it's hard to tell.

9. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are you sure it's two different tones and not just the lighting?

10. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That looks like shit.

soccersubjectively and Crooked repped this.
  11. Chupacerveza

Chupacerveza Member

Dec 12, 2010
    The 'Berg
    Club:
    Portland Timbers
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to agree with others that this is a step backwards. We will have to see it on a person, but there seems to be too much white, the front panel seems too narrow, and the chevrons going from the green to the white make it seem like bad stitching. I'm glad that I already have the original home version. If the alternates turn out to look like the previous mockups, I will have to be satisfied with getting one of those.

12. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DC United 1998-
    [​IMG]
    2002-
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. soccerbetic

soccerbetic Member

Feb 3, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    just to clear myself up I wasnt saying that the Union were the first to do this but rather that they are the only current club to do this in regards to being part of the league wide adidas contract and jersey styles

14. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talk about screwing up a good thing.
    Claudio Ranieri has nothing on those adidas designers.

Kejsare repped this.
  15. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just wanted to show that DCU is cooler than everybody else ;)

16. Scoey

Scoey Member

Oct 1, 1999
    Portland
    I just threw up in my mouth a little.

17. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup.
    Timbers are going from one of the best kits in the history of MLS to one of the worst, at least in the modern era.

tehlazerviking repped this.
  18. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't get me wrong, the Timbers old kits were pretty nice, but I don't see why everyone keeps saying they were one of the best ever... just because they were ultra unique?

I always felt the way the shoulder stripes were done made it look messy, especially combined with all the other elements left a bit "too busy" feeling for me...

19. vichuck

vichuck Member

Jul 25, 2008
    New Braunfels
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, because they looked good. Interesting without being overly busy or looking like a clown costume. Last season's new Crew 2nd kits were unique and most everybody hated them.

matbluvenger, Kejsare and aetraxx7 repped this.
  20. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well like I said, I thought it was a little cluttered, but thats just my opinion....

the disappointing part with the Crew alt from last year is if it was paired with Black shorts instead of white it would of looked pretty good....

[​IMG]

with black shorts would of been more like:

[​IMG]

21. aetraxx7

aetraxx7 Member+

Jun 25, 2005
    Des Moines, IA
    Club:
    Des Moines Menace
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Crew kit on the bottom looks much better than the top. I'd say it's the stripe pattern as much as, if not more so, than the short color. Neither are very good. But both are light years ahead of that Revs kit...

greatscott repped this.
  22. SenordrummeR2

SenordrummeR2 Member+

Jul 21, 2008
    Layton, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Holy cow! I didn't know Dirk Kuyt played for the Revolution! :eek:

23. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Union's new 3rd kit will be officially unveiled at the "2013 Meet the Team" event on Tuesday, February 26th.

Hopefully in the next 18 days it's leaked somehow.

aztec21bas repped this.
  24. Yaznasty

Yaznasty Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Akron, Ohio
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When that Crew secondary shirt came out, it was the goofiest thing I had ever seen. Then they added the shirt sponsor and it evened it out a bit. Now I actually kinda like it.

matbluvenger repped this.
  25. Soundergarden

Soundergarden New Member

Oct 28, 2012
    Seattle, Washington
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a Sounders fan, it's hard for me to admit this, but Portland's inaugural jersey was pretty cool( I like our jersey better though of course. This jersey dosen't really do alot of me. But then again, at firs I hated the Sounders Super Cyan jerseys, but now I own one & wear it all the time.