2013 MLS Draft

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by Beirut, Jan 10, 2013.

1. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Galaxy Insider listing Riemer as a left midfielder...FYI.

2. jmaestro

jmaestro Member+

Mar 27, 2008
    Bakersfield
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am betting that the ongoing Donovan saga notwithstanding, Bruce is pretty happy with the draft and roster this year. This is a team that has won 2 Cups, there aren't a ton of holes...we don't need a crowded roster to see if 3 or 4 out of 10 players are good enough for the team. Keeper is upgraded, the defense is upgraded just by virtue of the fact that AJ and Omar will be healthy, Leonardo is back in the mix, and Meyer is a year more seasoned. Midfield is still good considering Sarvas and Juninho look like a solid central pair (if not as spectacular as if there was a DP there) and Clark is a reinforcement on the wing. Only area that looks like it needs players to step up is striker, as Keane will eventually need someone to settle in as a strike partner or backup if Donovan comes back. Overall.....I think I like this team. Odds are pretty good Donovan plays the 2nd half of the season. Odds are Lampard ro someone similar comes in the summer..and the team is absolutely strong enough to stay in contention in the meantime.

The only thing that could really hurt us is if we have another abysmal start. We haven't had loans this year, but we do haev a missing Team Captain. If the team can start out on the same page, this is another scary-good team. I am betting on a breakout year for Villareal.

3. Hachiko

Hachiko The Akita on Big Soccer

Jun 8, 2005
    Long Beach, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully our campaign doesn't get Riemed with Riemer on our team...