2013 MLS All Star Game.

Discussion in 'MLS: News & Analysis' started by TheSmokingPun, Jan 8, 2013.

1. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. TheSmokingPun

TheSmokingPun Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    file this as "it was going to happen eventually". This is KC's first ASG. It is kind of crazy to think that after all these years, contraction and many expansion, that KC has never hosted an ASG. Everybody loves a Lamar Hunt but the market sucked for such a long time it never warranted such an honor.

As a KC fan I do think it is an honor. KC has never played to host to a BIG club before minus that 1 glorious day when faced Man U. Other than that it has been SKC vs. middle notoriety clubs. Maybe it is the fact that little has been done here in KC that makes it special. I attended gsmes in 96 and became a STH in 97, went to my first WCQ in 2001 first travel in WCQ in 2003, and have had 18 caps since then. MLS road trips are too many to count if I could remember them. I have been to 2 MLS cup finals and it was amazing, betcha can guess which 2 I attended. Never an ASG. If this comes to be true, which it will eventually, then thank you, never had the incentive to attend an ASG, always wanted to but unless it was something special and I mean someting truly unique, I would not go.

KC has earned the right, it may be another 20 years before it happens again.

4. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    Barca. I am more sure about this than not.