2013 Jersey?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by 4door, Feb 4, 2013.

1. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

2. chitownboi

chitownboi Member

Dec 8, 2004
    Chicago
    Im a big fan of the Colorado flag but that jersey didnt come out that great. It would be funny if we finally got our flag jersey and it looked like complete shit.

3. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fire Pause 7 17.jpg
    Yes- it was yellow. Monarcas Morelia?

They usually have those special jerseys for the once a season auction to benefit the Fireworks for Kids

4. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Yep, that is what I was referring to in my post. What's interesting is that they did not list it in the historic listing of jerseys in the link I posted.

5. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    That is pretty much true. However, a flag jersey would not require a new template, as they already have the template, since they produced it previously.

Yep, I imagine that part of the "problem" involving a third jersey.

6. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. If I had one complaint with the Fire's flag jersey, it was that it had the white 'gashes' (for lack of a better term) down the sides, rather than as a backdrop for the four stars, but at least the white down the sides looked good and provided some contrast, while going great with the shorts. Most importantly, looking at that Fire jersey, you immediately thought of the Chicago flag. This jersey, however, doesn't even, in and of itself, make me think of the Colorado flag, but looks like someone tried to do one of those 'let's make soccer jerseys for baseball teams' things for the Cubs and decided to throw gold in it for some reason. Just bad.

7. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    My wife, then girlfriend, got it for me before she knew what she was doing at some store in arlington heights. I like it, although I'm not a monarcas fan. Somebody once offered me $250 on the spot for it in the west side parking lot.

8. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not taking advantage of drunken tailgaters I see. :p

9. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    So you have two of them? ;):D

bunge repped this.
  10. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    She was standing right next to me with those "your not gonna sell my gift, are you?" puppy dog eyes. That was years ago though...Now, $20 any takers?

11. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Ah, but I couldn't pass up the long sleeve one I saw at Ross for $25. They were also selling a bunch of other Fire-type jerseys I have never seen before.

12. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Template might have been a bad choice of words. Adidas would still have to make a production run of third jerseys, even if it was exactly what the Fire used in the past. The other question that comes in to play, which I think was brought up earlier in the thread, is who owns that design, since Puma was the kit sponsor back then.

I love jerseys, so I would be willing to participate in a deposit to get a third jersey in play. I've been trying to collect all the Fire jerseys since inception, so if anyone has jerseys they are looking to sell off, let me know.

13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Are you trying to sell your jersey, wife or girlfriend for $20? :confused:

That seems pretty low for any of the three.

14. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    How would/could the Quaker sponsorship be worked into a flag jersey?

15. murtaugh

murtaugh Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It was the shirt style that Puma made available. Investigations were made into producing a white stripe within this style, but they required screenprinting the whole graphic which would compromise weight/performance and not really look that great.

The original 2006 adidas away shirt would have had the white stripe w/ the stars, until the design was mothballed.

I have some ideas, but will keep my cards close for the time being.

16. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    They could go the Honda route and have patches on the back and sleeve. Just not sure what the MLS rules are now that teams have the option to have front and center sponsor logos.

Speaking of sponsors, maybe Quaker can be convinced to fund the third kits? Would be one more style for their branding to appear on.

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Juts a few weeks ago I (indirectly) tracked down a supplier in Pakistan that makes pro jerseys and sews the different colors together rather than screen prints. If a Fire campaign doesn't work the supporters will have to be ready to move forward without them. As usual.

Minimum of 72 per size.

18. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ...Screw that, I like that jersey.

19. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Frankly, side panels under the arms always seemed like an underused location for sponsors to me. I mean, if a player is running the length of the field, the fans in the more expensive seats (and the TV audience at home) are going to see that side of the player more than the front of his jersey.

20. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Huge, huge Cubs fan and have been all my life but until you pointed it out I did not even think about the watermarked "C" being reminiscent of the Cubs. Hard to imagine I didn't! Anyway, it's a mixed reaction amongst us Rapids faithful. Everyone has appauled the effort and is really on board with the idea of the Colorado Flag design. However, some think the execution is slightly off. Personally, speaking I love the new top. I did not like the release pics but when I saw it being worn on our local news cast by Pablo Mastroeni it looked much, much better and has slowly grown on me. I've been fortunate enough to have lived in 5 states and while Colorado is loaded with transplants there is no denying the love of the flag. I have never lived in a city/state that has displayed their flag so prominently and proudly. It's literally everywhere.

[​IMG]

21. GHjelm

GHjelm Member+

Apr 23, 2008
    Batavia
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  22. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    And when Conde was on the team waving his arms in the air frantically after blowing off sides traps, the panels were quite visible while standing still.

krolpolski and bunge repped this.
  24. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Not sure if those thoughts were related or not, but the Yellow Fire/Morelia jerseys were worn several times, I believe for Open Cup games. This was actually a 3rd jersey, as it was sold.

That is different then the 'special' jerseys that the Fire wears once a season and auctions after the game. They are essentially the same as the Fire jersey, just with different coloring on the letters/numbers and an additional logo attached. The only sales are the auction of the player's jerseys.

25. JoeKamel

JoeKamel Member

Jan 22, 2008
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Correct.