2013 MLS Jersey/Kit/Uniform Leaks

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by profiled, Sep 10, 2012.

1. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Yeah, I think we can safely assume that he was talking about DC United.

2. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, and I already apologized and explained that I misread his post.

3. crocken

crocken Member

Jan 28, 2011
    MD
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    :/

4. Pikachu_Yay

Pikachu_Yay New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Imo the new dynamo jersey looks better than the one from last year

JC507 repped this.
  5. ImaPuppy

ImaPuppy Member+

Aug 10, 2009
    Using too many parentheses
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Direct picture of the Dynamo jersey at higher quality:

[​IMG]

6. Pikachu_Yay

Pikachu_Yay New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the jerseys were gonna have a design similar to bbva compass stadium's mesh maybe it's just a prototype or something well at least they brought back the space city blue

7. JasonMa

JasonMa Member+

Mar 20, 2000
    Arvada, CO
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Picked up my Rapids jersey tonight. Looks good, they did some interesting things with the names. All around the edges, the upper left shoulder around the badge and star, and the main band across the chest don't have season ticket holder names, just Colorado Rapids repeated over and over. Makes sense, that way no name gets cut off, covered by the badge/star, or covered by a future jersey sponsor. The names are alphabetical by first name, starting with A on the front right shoulder down to J on the bottom left of the front and K-Z on the back the same way.

My name falls smack in the center of the 4th band on the front side. ;)

sitruc repped this.
  8. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    I think the light blue you're seeing may just be the lighting in the screen capture. Notice how the white in the American flag and the MLS logo look to be the same light blue color.

We'll have to wait another couple days to find out. If that jersey's the real deal, then I have to say I like last year's version a lot better.

Levy2k6 repped this.
  9. Pikachu_Yay

Pikachu_Yay New Member

Feb 23, 2013
    Houston
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah but if you look closely you can see white outlines around the sleeves so wouldnt it blend in if it was white instead of space city blue?

10. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's definitely a difference between the sleeves and the background of the MLS patch and white in the flag patch. At the least, the sleeves are not identical to the stripes, so one or the other is "Space City" Blue.

11. bwidell

bwidell Member+

Apr 19, 2005
    Manchester, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Something just seems off about that. I can't pinpoint what.

12. Droost

Droost Member

Jul 11, 2011
    NY
    Club:
    2 de Mayo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Like the Columbus Barbershop Jersey from last year this Jersey just screams for a sponsor. Dislike the collar but that appears to be what the majority of MLS is going w/ this year....

13. whiteisthecolour

whiteisthecolour Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 10, 2007
    Miyazaki, Japan
    Club:
    Vancouver Whitecaps
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    THEY HAVE TO WEAR AN ORANGE PATCH ON THEIR THROATS?!

How bizarre.

;)

14. Capt.Tsubasa

Capt.Tsubasa Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Duh, it's an illuminated adams apple, part of MLS' new cancer campaign against smoking. :whistling:

15. James Gaskill

James Gaskill Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Absolutely horrid. The last thing I wanted to see is a return of that awful blue. I'm really hoping that's not it. The Dynamo really had a chance to get away from that terrible color combo and do something great, and if this is the actual kit, they failed.

16. RapidStorm

RapidStorm Member+

Jan 30, 2005
    Denver, CO
    Just ran it through photoshop and was getting a lot of the same RGB values when testing the sleeves vs. the white in the patches, depending on where I clicked. The parts that look more white may be due to the more shiny and reflective thread they always use in the patches. We'll just have to wait and see.

17. anckentucky

anckentucky New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Not a Dynamo fan and I absolutely hate the color orange, but I rather like the look of those jerseys.

18. anckentucky

anckentucky New Member

Feb 24, 2013
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I've noticed the new addition of the state flags on most of the jerseys, and wanted to ask was the MLS/Adidas given special permission to add the US/CAN flag to the jerseys? Because I thought that wasn't allowed, but I may be wrong.

19. bullsear

bullsear Member

Feb 17, 2009
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Sepp the Bladder will probably spout something about it from the popped pimple that is his mouth. But FIFA will never do anything about it.

And I actually like the new Dynamo jersey, whether it has blue, grey, or white.
    Aren't they getting a new sponsor, though? I seem to remember an article on MLSsoccer.com about their shopping the shirt sponsorship around to a number of different firms.

EDIT:Found it.

20. They

They Member

Apr 3, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know if this means anything but there are Statoil advertisements all over the outside of BBVA Compass Stadium now.

21. Steve0013

Steve0013 Member

Jul 20, 2012
    London, UK
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I look at that Dynamo jersey & just thought, " I wish MLS would get a new shirt supplier".
    Don't know about anyone else but I’m getting pretty really sick of Addidas & there boring generic jerseys, they all look the same!
    Do people who work at Addidas not have eyes or something? And wait & see, i promise you in jersey week, when all the new shirts are coming out that 90% of them look identical, & not even identical in a good way.

22. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. RafaLarios

RafaLarios Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Medellín
    Club:
    Atletico Nacional
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That guy CAN'T stop moving his head... damn.. distracting! :p

But i really think that the guy didn't say anything really groundbreaking... lets see on tuesday

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  24. profiled

profiled Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 7, 2000
    slightly north of a mile high
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
  25. Centuria20

Centuria20 Member

Jan 24, 2013
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Those Chinese kits are nice. A lot of them are similar, but they're simple designs and less is more. There isn't excessive piping and not a general cheap feel to them like most MLS shirts have. Too bad the contract that our league has with Adidas is until 2018. I would love to see diversity in kit manufacturers within the league, but we're stuck with Adidas for a while...

Yaznasty and JC507 repped this.