2013 Hot Seat or Getting Warm Seat

Discussion in 'Women's College' started by Cliveworshipper, Feb 17, 2013.

1. midwestfan

midwestfan Member

Dec 31, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Iv'e talked about this in a previous post. It's a descent school with some good local clubs to draw from. Saurin did about as good a job as could be expected. Funding may be a problem also, I can't speek to that.
    Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne has one major problem. Can you guess? The lack of a true identity creates a hard time getting kids to go to the school. I think it will always have a problem as long as the name exists, and even if they change it will take a generation to get over the name. Whether it's perception or not, it is considered a step below to the majority of in state students. Not sure of it's reputation to out of state, so someone could chime in with an opinion.
    IUPUI has a similar problem, although it potentially could be much better, because of it's location and surrounding area.

2. Volssoccer

Volssoccer Member

Oct 26, 2008
    IPFW Had candidates pull out of the running due to the assistant, and having to teach classes. Keeping the assistant might be a smoother transition, but will eventually be delaying what will happen= The new HC bringing in their own staff. cleaner start, fresh start, new start. The Admin should never handcuff a new head coach from the start. But thats why I love coaching club.

3. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Enough with Ipfw they should have a HC soon with candidates coming on campus what the story on Iowa and UNLV ?

4. Eddie K

Eddie K Member+

May 5, 2007
    Funny - Rainey mentioned in this presser (dated yesterday) as a reason this '16 player commits. Love TDS and their research, only takes 2 clicks to find out Rainey ain't at Iowa now.
    http://www.topdrawersoccer.com/club-soccer-articles/girls-commitments:-two-for-the-big-10_aid32857

Follow up - New Loyola,MD HC dumps Janss for the other AC from Georgetown, McKenna. Towson Asst Win Puffer moves over to Georgetown to be AC to Nolan.

5. USsoccerguy

USsoccerguy Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any updates? IPFW, Iowa?

6. realitycheck

realitycheck Member

Jul 10, 2007
    DII Palm Beach Atlantic opened April 1st, no joke. New to DII from NAIA. Could be a good opportunity, and the area isn't all that bad......

7. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Two male candidates on campus at IPFW, one of whom withdrew afterward--guess they wanted him more than he wanted them, AusMan. Late comer female candidate on campus Wednesday.

8. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    It looks like the assistant could get the job by default!

9. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Any updates on IOWA UNLV or IPFW? I believe someone said candidates were already on campus for IPFW any news about IOWA or UNLV starting phone interviews? Any chance Flohre gets tagged interim HC? I would assume the pool for HC at this point is not that deep! Would IOWA have the power to pull someone away from the MAC or OVC that has done well?

Can anyone confirm that UNLV first assistant is gone as well?

10. HuskyRunna

HuskyRunna New Member

Oct 28, 2013

Carr is at Belmont on the Men's side now
    http://www.belmontbruins.com/sports/m-soccer/coaches/carr_mark

11. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
  12. hilltopsoccer

hilltopsoccer Member

Aug 24, 2007
    TX
    Iowa- Wow a big suprise move there what happened? Why Make that move? They will look to see who applies, But the Assistants have already signed contracts for the following year. Wonder who will apply. A few Alumni have said Change is needed?
    UNLV- Former head caoch is in the Admin, role now. Brother coaches club in Vegas, will be interesting? Heard they have a short list, but UNLV not as bright as the lights on the strip?
    IPFW- Well I know two people that had interviewed. But Its not for them. There asking the head coach to teach classes, and keep the current assistant coach on staff? Why didn't the former head coach take him with her, there maybe the true answer?
    UNH- The former head coach was not even the top ten choices last year? UNH had to get what they could get. The Dump it over the top and run onto it scheme, didnt really work? He Came in and threw and new moto way of doing things and then........Left after one year. Way to set the tone. One and done. Team chemistry is at an all time low and needs to be established for the long term.
    Two great DII jobs open Lynn and Palm BEach Atlantic, in FL Correct?
    Great NAIA job at AUM AVALIABLE.
    Just my thoughts, and whats been told to me.
    We shall see?

13. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    Any update on this jobs?

14. quikshot007

quikshot007 Member

Apr 4, 2006
    Iowa has contacted two HC from the Big East one from the MAC
    UNLV - Has a very short list with the Top D II Head coaches in the West Region in the mix and a AC from East Coast
    IPFW - Heard a offer is out any confirm
    UNH - Assistant from Big 10 school in the mix not sure of any others
    Lynn - great job from what it looks like have not heard anything new
    AUM - Will be staying NAIA was accepted to NCAA D II but then kick out for NAIA violations

Not sure about any other ones at this point

15. Lensois

Lensois Member

May 19, 2004
    Couple ACs contacted too, at least one from ACC.

No offer, in fact they are bringing MORE candidates in this week. Seems keeping the AC is the priority there.

16. tkpeterson12

tkpeterson12 Member

Mar 21, 2013
    Indiana
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If the AC is so important at IPFW, why not just make him the HC? The basketball team replaced their head coach in about a week or two, not sure why women's soccer has to take so long.

17. Socalsoccercoach

Dec 1, 2013
    I heard job was offered but turned down because the person they offered it to got a raise at his current job. The remaining candidates were not strong so they needed to broaden the search.

18. SuperSoccer1978

Barcelona
    Nov 24, 2011
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    IPFW - is really struggling to find a coach and they don't think the assistant is ready for it.
    Iowa - are looking at Grand Valley State coach and a BIG 10 assistant.
    Lynn - No clue but with the new stadium someone will come out of the wood work.
    AUM - Heard from a good source that UNOH (had to look up the school) head coach put in for it, first year program unbelievable 1st year program with a team or foreigners (just like AUM).

19. 9feta

9feta Member

Nov 21, 2013
    How can the Grand Valley State coach be a candidate at Iowa if he doesn't have a college degree? A college degree is a minimum requirement at Iowa.

20. justdoit

justdoit Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    UNH - I heard it is a B10 head coach, AmericaEast Asst and present asst.

21. Madrid10

Madrid10 New Member

May 7, 2014
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Greg Ryan is most successful women's national team coach. 1 loss. Turned Michigan into power program also. Maybe hope not playing was hope more than Greg Ryan. Coaches must follow through on team rules even if it's the best player.

22. WACySOCCERWORLD

Jan 28, 2014

Shouldn't a college degree be a minimum requirement…even at GVSU?

23. TheAusMan

TheAusMan Member

Nov 3, 2011
    He graduated from Spring Arbor University with an education degree. Probably has more credits toward a masters degree than most DI coaches.

24. 9feta

9feta Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I agree it should but apparently it is not at GVSU??? Iowa specifically says it requires a college degree.

25. 9feta

9feta Member

Nov 21, 2013
    Any reason he does not a list this degree in his bio if that is the case?