2013 Gold Cup

Discussion in 'El Salvador' started by slaminsams, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    I say ES should rehire Carlos de los cobos, I miss the style that we played under him, short quick passes, patience. Right now it's just kick the ball forward and hope Zelaya beats the whole defence by himself.

2. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Israel's ES > DLC's ES
    DLC did not have us place with patience. He has us play side to side and then for hopefully balls. Almost the opposite. We usually had to rely on our wingers or Cheyo to come through.

3. Futbol E.S. Por Vida

Oct 31, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

Yup had to be him since Turcio and Henriquez were the centers and on the Right Back was Garcia. Wonder why he wasn't switched out if he was the biggest weak point in defense?

4. Figueroa

Figueroa Member

Jul 9, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Exactly! The style of play they had with Israel was fluid, smart, and simple. It was a system were you didn't need a superstar to be dangerous. But this games failure can't be blamed on Castillo, as they showed they were able to compete for 40+ minutes. But showed that the discipline and concentration our players learn while being developed needs serious improvement.

5. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008

Yeah, but with Israel we still lost to Honduras, lost to Mexico at home in WCQ, should have lost to Costa Rica(a legit goal was called back). DLC will always deserve credit for what he did.

6. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008

I think it was a tactical failure on the part of Castillo. Donovan had like what 4 assists? He should have been marked tightly, instead ES made him look like Messi.

7. CoconutSoda

CoconutSoda Member

Dec 7, 2009

Puta que vergazo!!!

8. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

The shit he put up with was a huge reason our form slipped a couple times. He also didn't have a lot of players to choose from like Fito for one. Truth is he had us in the top 50-60 and we were playing attractive football. We also outplayed ROMA with Totti..

halfnhalf89 repped this.
  9. jair8

jair8 Member

Sep 8, 2012
    california
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

you mean power house mexico that was aided by the fact that their goal was offside and i believe it was barrera, should had been redcarded by min 55-60 of second half for an elbow on pacheco? (on offense right side 4/5th of pitch)
    costa rica the game were we came back 2-0? didnt lose composure...

R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  10. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    I forgot about the fact that Zelaya was unavailable, he would have made a big difference in those games. Honestly, we just need an experienced coach, Castillo is not the answer.

11. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

It's been confirmed before the Gold Cup he would leave. In my opinion we have to bring a South American coach with a track record similar but better than Israel's. Also we need a coach that isn't a bitch like Ruben Israel. As much as our team excelled and how we were ranked 3rd in Concacaf with him he was very soft. We need a Cholo Simeone type presence.

slaminsams repped this.
  12. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008

What has been seen lol , those portly dudes don't look american?

13. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008

Paco Maturana?

14. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    Maturana would be a decent option.

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Looks like some lame pochos to me.. dude had red white and blue gear heavy.

16. CoconutSoda

CoconutSoda Member

Dec 7, 2009
    i think is american vs salvadorian
    best part was when he used his belt to fight lol

17. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador

That's what I thought. I wonder what was said for that to kick off. The comments are stupid tho. I saw this on fb and people were talking shit about the Salvadorans as if the other guys didn't have any fault. Still lol for the big guy to act so hard and then get dropped regardless of it being a sucker punch 'cause he was like 300lbs against a skinny little dude.

18. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    That sucker punch was two for the price of one

19. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

LOL big dude was wack. Both of the big dudes was wack tbh.. big af, but tumbled down those seats in slow-moe lmaoooo.. I'm mad he's that big but that soft, one soft sucker punch and dude was rolling down the flight of steps like a big snowball. LOL @ the dude came behind him to just gently push the guy who snuffed him away as if he was going to hit him with any force with those fat hands.. I was entertained tho.

mavericks67 and R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  20. CoconutSoda

CoconutSoda Member

Dec 7, 2009
    lol poor guys went like 3 rows down

mavericks67 and Catracho_Azul repped this.
  21. R9Kevinr9

R9Kevinr9 Member+

Feb 2, 2007
    ATX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    LOL I was dying because of that lolol.

22. halfnhalf89

halfnhalf89 Member+

Aug 19, 2008
    What happened to the big guy after he got punched? Did he get stuck in the bleachers?

mavericks67 repped this.
  23. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

[​IMG]

Look at his face doe LMAOOOOOOO at what force is he pushin dat make him do that face.. lmao @ the El Salvadorian not even movin lmao.. he's like "really?"

mavericks67 and R9Kevinr9 repped this.
  24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

Naw lmao.. u can see him all the way at the bottom just walkin around tryna shake it off like nothing happened.

25. jair8

jair8 Member

Sep 8, 2012
    california
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    am i the only who thinks this whole fighting crap is wrong? im over this...im almost 30 enough of childs play. either learn how to loose or learn how to win.
    back on topic...
    I really think fesfut and salvi soccer missed a huge opportunity here. yeah we got slapped around but it was the young guns who showed some heart.
    Goalie from start should have been derby. Osa should give way to santamaria or mayen (not sure how old he is)...
    start thinking for 2018. Look for a coach that would put fear into their eyes ala Israel. yeah we maybe 50/50 on him but their is no doubt we played ourbest soccer w him and having no Fito at all. would he come bck? would we take him back?

slaminsams, mavericks67 and glennaldo_sf repped this.