News: 2013 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Pineda is out 3-5 months after having to repair a torn meniscus. That probably isn't helping his progress. :( http://www.csnchicago.com/soccer-chicago-fire/news/Fire-Victor-Pineda-out-3-5-months?blockID=804841

Don't know anything about Gulley

2. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  3. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problem solved! :thumbsup:

4. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Update:

http://www.chicagonow.com/fire-confidential/2012/12/prepping-for-the-january-window/

GK
    1. Sean Jonhson,
    2. Paolo Tornaghi

RB
    3. Steven Kinney

CB
    4. Arne Friedrich
    5. Austin Berry
    6. Jalil Anibaba (RB)

LB
    7. Gonzalo Segares
    8. Hunter Jumper (CB)
    9. Tony Walls

RM
    10. Wells Thompson
    11. Patrick Nyarko
    12. Victor Pineda

CDM
    13. Logan Pause
    14. Pavel Pardo
    15. Daniel Paladini
    16. Michael Videria

CAM
    17. Chris Rolfe,
    18. Alex de Lima

LM
    19. Alvaro Fernandez

ST
    20. Kellen Gulley
    21. Dominic Oduro
    22. Sherjill McDonald
    23. Maicon Santos

http://www.chicago-fire.com/players

Comming back from loan?
    Grazzini (Atletico Rafaela)
    Puppo (Defensor Sporting)
    Robayo (Millonarios)
    Barouch (Bnei Yehuda)

Free Agents as of December/January
    M - Coren Bone (Cut from team but still negotiating)
    F - Guillermo Franco (free agent on Dec 31st)

OUT
    D- Cory Gibbs (Retired)
    G- Jay Nolly (Free agent)
    D- Dan Gargan (San Jose Earthquakes)

IN
    Maicon Santos (DC United)

6. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I think santos has a green card.

7. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know he pulled some BS during the season but when you look at this skill level, his position, and his contract (100k a year) I think you have to take him if you can get him to commit. He is a game changer and there aren't that many guys like him in this league. If he comes back I think he'd be a backup to Alex (who is a similar player but younger). But I'd certainly take him for depth if he wants to come back.

8. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he comes back, he's not going to be anybody's back up. If he comes back, he's going to be in the starting 11.

With Grazzini in the lineup Frankie will be forced to move Rolfe up top with MacDonald and remove one of the defensive midfielders (4-4-2). As much as everybody wants Rolfe in the CAM position, that's not where he belongs, he belongs up top with MacDonald.

------Mac Donald-----------Role------
    -------------------Grazzini-------------
    Fernandez-------------------Nyarko
    ---------------pause/Pardo-----------
    Segares--berry---Arne--Anibaba

----------------Johnson-----------------

If Fernandez is still with the team in 2013 he's going to be in the starting 11, I would rather have Alex out there instead of Fernandez. Since he's getting paid DP money (MacDonald), he's gong to continue start and play most of the minutes...

As for which defensive midfielder plays, we all know it's going to be Pause (sad). Yeah, we can't play with one defensive midfielder either pause or Pardo,if that's the case then we have find one that can. I think we would be fine with either Pause or Pardo (you all know which one i'd play) out there by themselves, they wouldn't have any offensive responsibility. Stay back defend and get the ball to the offensive players.

9. iron81

iron81 Member+

Jan 6, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    The Atletico Rafaela chief has since said Grazzini is under contract and isn't going anywhere.

10. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe Millonarios qualified for Copa Libertadores, so I assume they will want to keep Robayo in the team, at least for depth.

12. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Robayo is a starter , lynchpin and a star player .he's there for good , not just depth.

13. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    There is slew of young Argentine CMs the fire are scouting and talking to.rumor has them linked to Matias Laba from Argentinos Juniors.it looks like the club is actively pursueing a replacement for pardo.

15. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hope they are looking for one to replace both Pardo and Pause, we need a defensive midfielder that can handle the position by himself (meaning ONE defensive midfielder in the starting 11).

17. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    What a novel idea....

18. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it is.....but the one person that could change that (Frankie), won't. I still don't get it, since he was a foward during his playing career, it's like he's scared to put out an offensive lineup (seems like he's playing not to lose, instead of playing to win). The only times he does it is when we go down a goal or two. So either pick one of the two or three players we have on our roster or go out a get a player that can do it.

19. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    They won't be replacing Logan, he will continue to play his role.they simply need a younger version of pardo on this team to really get things going.pavel is a great player, its to bad the fire didn't have him a couple seasons earlier.right now it appears the fire are trying to find a young Argentine version, here's hoping they do.as that is the best chance of seeing a two strikers formation.

20. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How's that, if they find a younger verison of Pardo and Pause isn't going to be replaced, we will continue to play a two defensive midfielder formation....

In order to go to a two striker formation we need play ONE defensive midfielder formation. Everbody here keeps saying that Pause or Pardo can't do the job by themseleves. If that's the case then we need to find a player that can or we will continue to play defensive formation with two defensive midfielders.

I hope that during preseason Frankie at least tries a 4-4-2 one defensive midfielder formation (just to see how we look in it). How will we ever know what we can or can't do in that formation if we don't at least try it?

21. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Exactly, I would love a single d-mid, but I just can't see Pause taking up a benchwarmer role. He is our captain. For better or worse, he will be a starter until he is ready to leave/retire

22. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's sad......Even if it possibly makes us a better team......

23. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    It's a problem all over the world. Why do you think Giggs, Carrick and Scholes are still getting run outs at ManU? Captains and Club Legends will always get a blind eye turned towards their faults