News: 2013 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Pennsylvania Dave

Jul 31, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    So we are playing a high price game of chicken with Sega and if we lose him what are Frank's options? Is Kinney ever going to be fit again? Is Gargan in or out? Is Jumper or Walls ready to step up? Is Anibaba really going to stay a RB now that Gibbs is retired or will he shift back to CB?

Concerning Bone, for 2 years or so he has waited for his chance and not put up astounding numbers in reserve matches but offers some things not seen on stat sheets and it seems like he gets on a roll in Reserve league then if he doesn't deliver in 45 minutes for the big matches it's back to the bench with him. His contract is very high and I am not surprised by the Fire not exercising the option but if you ask me the Fire's main issue in all this is needing a single Defensive Mid that can play the holding job by himself. Using Pause and Pardo as holding mids for the sake of a striker or attacker is tactically negative (not to mention dull to watch). I would rather be shopping for a Trequartista and a Defensive Mid and put Rolfe up top with Mackie. I also think Franco has a lot more to offer than we have seen. But anyway, I think Frank is pretty set on how he wants to play and Pause/Pardo will be there in 2013.

firefan2001 repped this.
  2. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Sega resigns for Fire

LeToux traded back to the Union. Never should have left.
    Probably means Cooper is off the block as well...

3. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :mad: Damnit. We probably never had him in our plans but it's nice to dream...

4. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Yeah, Unfortunately, I think most of our team is a lock as far as starters go, especially since several were midseason moves, it'd be tough to give up on them already. Here's the positions I think could change:

-------MacDonald--------
    Flaco----Rolfe----Naryko
    --------???-Pause---------
    Sega--Berry--Arne---???
    --------Johnson----------

I'd like to see Flaco's place up for grabs, but Frank seems to like him. Pardo I think is passed it, wouldn't be surprised to see someone brought in for him (there were rumors about some Greek guy a a couple weeks ago). We need a real RB. If we don't sign one, I might finally have to criticize Frank.

Anything else we add will be cover, mainly for Nyarko and Sega, maybe one more CB, and, if Oduro moves, another forward

5. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I think Berry and Arne are locks in the CB position, but honestly, I would hope the club would be looking to upgrade every single position. This is not a bad line up but not a championship one. If the club is content with this and is simply looking to plug two holes and find some depth, then I'm afraid we aren't in a real strong position for next year. There is not one spot on there that I think should be untouchable if we find the right player.

bunge, firefan2001 and loonixxx repped this.
  6. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That about sums it up perfectly.

bunge repped this.
  7. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LeToux was traded for Josue Martinez. Damn, I wish we went after him.

8. ratdog

ratdog Member+

Mar 22, 2004
    In the doghouse
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

9. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Gargan has been added to the re-entry draft list.In otherwords they have released the Gargan...and not in the good way.:confused:

10. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Rentry Draft to begin in about 6 minutes.2 PM CST December 7.

11. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    ADD Maicon Dos Santos @ forward.He has his greencard so no International slot taken.Im sure Dom is now feeling the heat on his role with the team.

12. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Honestly our team is a joke. We live in one of the major cities and we don't attract a major DP to come here. We get Dos Santos from the Re-Entry draft...why? We should get rid of Oduro and another player free up some cap space and bring in a DP striker. I'm so sick of hearing about teams even just being in rumors to get good players. If DC gets Fabiano, that tells me their team wants to win, opening up their pockets to get a scorer. I love this team but the owner is pissing me off. We should try and get Richard Branson to buy our team and throw money into it haha

13. DDT5583

DDT5583 Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ZZzzzzzzz......

14. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

15. Dos Santos? you registered just to post this huh

16. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    We have a DP striker. His name is Mackie. And he's awesome.

Plus, he seems like he would be a cool dude to hang out with, even if he does retweet the whole of Twitter every matchday

17. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    We already have 2 DP strikers.

18. snkscore

snkscore Member+

Jun 24, 2007
    La Grange, IL
    Dom has said that he wants to move if he isn't going to get minutes.

My first reaction to this was that this was cover for when he does leave.

19. 4door

4door Member+

Mar 7, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems like an easy move to replace Oduro. I think its a downgrade, but he seems to be on the same wage as Oduro so its works on the books. I wonder what we can get for Oduro.

20. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I don't know about ability, but it looks like Santos will allow us to keep the same shape, rather than having to change the whole team when Oduro comes in.

We can sub out Mackie, and still continue to play hold up soccer, instead of dropping deep and hoping for a counter, which hopefully should allow us to keep possession and kill off games better.

chiladd repped this.
  21. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Lol actually I'm an old poster just got a new name kid, and on soccer by ives its said dos santos. Anyways, I love Macdonald's holdup play but we need more offensive fire power. I hate running out with 2 CDM's in Pause and Pardo. I love our backline especially now that Segares has re-signed. We just need another good offensive player and we'd be set. Why settle for this crap when we can get rid of a guys to get one good guy.

22. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Exactly my point though, the other striker isn't DP worthy. We are spending our money on the wrong things. Macdonald he's a nice piece but still when I mean DP worthy, I'm talking a bigger named player who has proven success. It baffles me how we are in such a big market and our owner just is afraid to spend the money.

Chris M. repped this.
  23. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    Um, the point of bringing Oduro in IS to change the whole shape when things aren't working. MacDonald has been okay, but when you are a starving man, ground chuck can be tastier than a filet. We have been starving for a striker for some time, so I think many are over-rating what he brought to the team. So, we currently have a middle of the pack striker and sign a less talented striker for cover so that we can bring him in forcing no tactical change from the other team?

I want a sub available for MacDonald when we are losing and need something different. If we are winning and simply need to kill off the game, I would hope MacDonald can stay in the game for 90 minutes just to hold up the ball.

If I'm choosing between the two, right now, I'd take Oduro. He gives us a totally different dimension and he has actually scored some goals for us over the last two years

24. sWo97

sWo97 Member+

Aug 18, 2008
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think I said they should have traded for him when he was with Dallas.

About the attracting DPs...Fire aren't a rumor starting club like LA or Madrid. They are very quiet about things.

Personally I think they should hold a presser on Monday, say they want Ronaldinho and Kaka in January and July respectively, flip the ********ing table and walk out.

scottw1055 repped this.
  25. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Mac getting paid dp money? I was under the impression hes classified dp due the transfer fee paid