News: 2013 Fire Roster Speculation

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by ceezmad, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is what i'm thinking. Perhaps we'll see Rolfe slotted in at LM, similar to the position he played at AaB? However, the talks from preseason is the chemistry between Rolfe and Mac. Perhaps we see a 4-4-2 or perhaps Rolfe remains a SS/CAM type player. What will happen then? Do we see a Lindpere partnership with Pause/Lindpere or a duo CDM?

2. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    This is what I am thinking as well.

3. bunge

bunge BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 24, 2000
    Woah, woah, woah. How do YOU know they work for the circus?

4. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I work with a lot of carnies.

bunge repped this.
  5. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anibaba might be in on this as well considering it defies all logic that he kept starting at RB even after being the main culprit of goals against from his position last season.

6. vipermansa

vipermansa Member

Jun 29, 2007
    I check the Fire forum every so often and checked the website this morning just to see how camp was going.
    I wanted to just ask everyone if they are pleased with how our roster looks today?
    Do you feel it is much improved over our roster at the close of last season?
    To me I feel it is still ho-hum, nothing flashy, not enough talent, make the playoffs and lose in the 1st or 2nd round AGAIN......basically competitive but not good enough, as usual....
    Just my opinion and wanted to hear your thoughts.

Hoping for something that gets me excited to go see a game again.

Thanks

7. rooked

rooked Member+

Jan 21, 2013
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Based on teams rosters TODAY,

Teams vying for Supporter's Shield, MLS Cup, CONCACAF slots:
    LA, Houston Dynamo, Sporting KC, RSL, Seattle, DC United

Teams vying to make the playoffs
    Chicago, NYRB, San Jose, Dallas, Vancouver, Crew

Teams trying to right the ship:
    TFC, Revs, Union, Portland, Chivas, Colorado, Impact

8. krolpolski

krolpolski Member+

Four years ago, when this video came out,
    I nearly pissed in my pants laughing so hard watching it. Because it was true.

My how things have changed. I'm wondering if we could edit this to make in applicable to our team. The problem is that it wouldn't be that funny.

xtomx and bunge repped this.
  9. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    No way, based on rosters, is DC contending for anything more than playoffs. No Andujar, no Boskovic, even bit players like Santos, Dudar are gone. Only players they have brought in are Rafael (20 year old brazilian, has to be seen as huge hit or miss) and Thorrington (that is not how you win championships).

Houston hasn't really strengthened at all from last year, I suppose its all dependent on if the players they have will fit the system Kinnear wants to play any better this year. Didn't really see them as legitimate contenders last year, but they made it to the final, so who knows....

SKC have got to be seen as contenders. They have made strong moves.

And (some hometown bias, but not a lot) I have to think Chicago will be legitimate contenders in the East. Not just for a playoff spot. They have added some good players in Santos, Larentowicz, and Lindpere, and the only starters we are losing, based on TODAY, is Pardo, who wasn't really a factor for the last half of last season. Other than that, all we have lost is depth in Gargan, Gibbs, Franco, and Nolly. Even if I base the rosters off of likely to happen moves, with Oduro and Flaco leaving, thats another sub, and a starter who really never fit or clicked anyways gone.

As for actually winning the Cup, or the SS, I don't know the Western rosters well enough to say, but we have to be considered contenders to win the East.

nowherenova repped this.
  10. nowherenova

nowherenova Member+

Jul 20, 2003
    Formerly Terminus
    Solid stuff here. I would add that Montreal has the talent to be a strong playoff contender. With the new manager, however, who knows what will go down. With this roster, I look for Schaellibaum to become the first Euro manager in MLS to actually succeed.

11. firefan2001

firefan2001 Member+

Dec 27, 2000
    Oswego, Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. DDT5583

DDT5583 Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    It has been so long since I have watched that, and then I never watched the whole thing.

It is just brilliant. Thanks for bringing back the "Best MLS Video Ever".

14. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
  15. loonixxx

loonixxx Member+

Chicago Red Stars
    Aug 28, 2004
    Soccer Limbo
    Club:
    Jagiellonia Bialystok SSA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

16. FireJuveChelsea

Dec 7, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Anyone see the rumor that we tried getting a Borussia Dortmund CDM guy to come over and play for us but declined to. Another CDM, wow...

17. Der Stich

Der Stich Member+

May 3, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  18. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Strange, Kehl is a fantastic player.wouldve loved to see him in the MF for the Fire, likely someone they had talked to before the trades, could be why they pulled the trades is that they knew he wasnt going to come over.My guess is that he was a Arne suggestion.

19. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
  20. DDT5583

DDT5583 Member

Jul 30, 2007
    Brooklyn, NY
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to the MLS East Update on SBI, the Fire are "stacked with trialists". Not sure what that means exactly, but I would have expected to see a list of trialsits out of the club by now.

21. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    CB Brown? If he's anything like CJ Brown, sign him up.

bunge repped this.
  22. Chris M.

Chris M. Member+

Jan 18, 2002
    Chicago
    I read it to mean that our cheap owner is bringing in a whole bunch of minimum salary options hoping to find lightening in a bottle. ;):D

bunge repped this.
  23. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    They said they would be putting a list out in a couple of days, a couple of days ago. Hopefully we should get it soon

24. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    Ask and you shall receive
    "Jeff Crandall@JefeCrandall
    The club will release its preseason trialist list Friday morning. RT @tbird_viale:Is there a list of who is trialling with #cf97 right now?"

For as little as the FO talks about anything, the Fire (especially Crandall and Brenden Hannan) are very active and friendly on social media

25. chiladd

chiladd Member+

Mar 21, 1999
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I wouldn't be suprised if full names were incomplete on some players or not included at all.they've done it in the past and for good reason.