2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Oct 14, 2013.

1. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, so I got a couple of videos uploaded from the match... here is the first goal:

And here is the third goal, Muhammed Musa's free kick...

Can anyone guess which one is me? :D

JohnnyFutbol and Car123 repped this.
  2. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Guy with 'stache in the white, navy & plum shirt?

3. pololo

pololo Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Sweden/Stockholm
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    You're the guy with the camera..?

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    the guy whos teeth are not that visible?

5. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hee hee nope... they wouldn't let me go in with the camera, in fact had to go all the way back to the hotel to return it. Fortunately, I'm so used to Gulf-style organization of sporting events I was smart enough to show up with ample time to spare, a good hour before the 3rd place game kicked off, so was able to get back in time right when the 3rd place game started... I know some people though that had booked tickets and couldn't even get in some half an hour before kickoff time.

6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Racist much? So when african teams win is because they cheat.

[]__[]

7. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    okay here's a thrid vidoe... it's a combination of the 3 goals + some pther stuff... really mostly just the crowd going crazy and me trying to keep the camera still but there's some footy footage on there..

JohnnyFutbol repped this.
  8. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    o_O

No, I said "probably" since apparently they didn't do that MRI shit back then, and Nigeria used an overage player in the 2011 U-20, so they were more than capable of cheating just a few years ago. I don't believe the current U-17s used overage players, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's revealed they used some 20 year olds down the road. This is beating a dead horse but your post was dumb so I had to say something.

9. Sunset

Sunset Member

Oct 29, 2013
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria
    Not really bro. He has a point.

10. Alistair Fannell

Aug 13, 2013
    Springfield, Missouri
    Club:
    AC St. Louis
    No it is true, African Nations that wins a World Cup never get the credit like Ghana did a couple of years ago when they won U21 World Cup.

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    I think Ghana did get a lot of credit for that win - the only thing that hampered that win was that it was a team display, not one where specific players truely shined through. And we all have to ensure that Nigeria get as much credit as they deserve for this win: a lot as it was the most dominant display of football at this tournament (ever?). But in order to do this you have to accept that Nigeria has a history of age cheating.

12. blacksun

blacksun Member+

Mar 30, 2006
    Seoul, Korea
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First, I think you overestimate how much "credit" anyone gets for winning youth championships. I enjoy watching them, but they aren't particularly prestigious.

Second, the perception that African nations cheat in youth tournaments doesn't stem from racism; it comes from the long history of African nations being caught cheating. In 1999, the head of the Nigerian FA admitted that Nigeria had routinely used underage players. South Africa had a 24 year old participate in a u15 event. Ghana, Senegal, Cameroon and others have all been caught in the last 20 years. I have no particular reason to doubt the Ghanian u20 victory, or this years Nigerian u17 victory. But to the extent people do doubt them, they have no one but themselves to blame.

13. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Inasmuch as I agree with your post: you have very particular reasons to be assured that this years squad was truely U17. The Nigerian FA really went out of its way to ensure the squad is U17 and the weight of proof is overwhelming. Thats why one really has to underline that this U17 is without a shadow of a doubt an U17 squad.

For god sakes, they even threw out a supremely talented kid with a US birth certificate because he failed the MRI test!

14. jogger

jogger Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Club:
    Olympique de Marseille
    I do not put much credit in u17 tournaments , because players in this age group rarely put up, and yes people have every right to doubt about Nigeria early victories, however I'm surprised to see Mexicans fans acting indignant.

It's not like if Mexico didn't have it's own history of age cheating. Remember what happened several years ago when the FMF field overaged players for an u21 Wc qualification. The FMF went as far as branding those who leaked the story as "traitors".
    Their age cheating history might not be as bad as Nigeria, and also they paid for it, but historically, in that matter they are far from being parangons of virtue either.

zahzah repped this.
  15. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    We did it once over 20 years ago, and paid for it dearly. Never did it again, unlike Nigeria.. Also Nigeria never got the hammer thrown down on them like Mexico where they had to miss a WC.

Majin repped this.
  16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    You were caught once. Big difference.

17. GrandeSoccer

GrandeSoccer Member+

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If we've only been caught once in 20 + years we have some damn good ways of covering it up, the Nigerians might want to know our secret! :rolleyes:

18. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    even if he did not have a point, it still wouldnt be racism, more like prejudice against Africa. After all, there are plenty of teams in the rest of the world with lots of black players.