2013 FIFA U-17 World Cup [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Oct 14, 2013.

1. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    #1 Nico Limmat, Oct 14, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
    [​IMG]

17 October - 8 November

Tournament Home on FIFA.com:
    http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/index.html

This is the 5th FIFA event hosted by the UAE after the U-20 World Cup (2003), the Club World Cup (2009; 2010) and Beach Soccer World Cup (2009).

Nurafshon repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq's debut in the U-17 World Cup.

Let's go Iraq. I want a similar result like in the U-20 World Cup!

3. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cool can't wait, got my tickets for the final in Abu Dhabi, but it's just been announced that all games are going to be free anyway :rolleyes:. Anyhoo, might try and catch Argentina vs. Iran in Dubai too this weekend, but we'll see... looking forward to this tourney.... tough group for UAE but with Brazil in it, but with 3rd placed teams qualifying for the knockout stage, I guess anything could happen....

4. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I haven't followed our youth team closely enough and wasn't even sure Iran had qualified.

In any case, I checked our group and realized we are grouped with Argentina, Austria, and Canada. The last 2 don't seem scary at all, although we open with Argentina and that match won't be easy.

5. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Anybody know how to collect tickets for this? I bought tickets for 3 venues when they originally went on sale and have sent 3 emails to info@u17worldcup2013.com without a response over the past 2 months.

I have my receipts and am hoping I can just show up at the correct stadium and collect them at a ticket office.

I'm only there for the 2nd week and will be a "no show" for the first games of my packages. I just don't want them cancelled. Likewise I don't want to show up in Abu Dhabi to be told my tickets are in Dubai. I appreciate tickets were very cheap (and now free) but I've seen FIFA games before with almost empty stadums and loads of people outside trying to get in.

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  6. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Brasil dominating Slovakia easily, Mosquito might be the center forward that senior team needs in a couple of years. Surprised to see gabigol on the bench I thought he was one of the better brasilian prospects.

[]__[]

7. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Uruguay vs New Zealand... wonder if the same happens at senior level... 3:0 by half time as well.

I predict this tournament will go terrible for European teams, simply because of the weather.

8. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Brasil now 5:0. Uruguay 4:0. Good for Uruguay and Brasil. Bad for the tournament... Looks like it might be a pretty lopsided tournament in the group phase.

9. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Mexico plays New Zealand, Uruguay plays Jordan in the playoffs.

[]__[]

zahzah repped this.
  10. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The Conembol sides seem to be taking no prisoners, which makes me even more worried about Iran's match against Argentina. Especially since Argentina won their 3rd South American U17 championship title this year.

11. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Terrible attendances at the tournament. Looks like 200-300 people to watch Brasil, Italy or Cote d'Ivoire.

12. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Honduras has some good footballers, I think Honduras football is growing and they could be the ones dominating Concacaf in a few years.

[]__[]

13. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Italy vs Cote d'Ivoire is one boring game... Nothing but pushing and shoving, constant stops and haggling in midfield...

14. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Italy being a good football team notwithstanding, they dive even worse than the stereotype of an Italy team. The moment Italy went in front it became pretty hilarious... Terrible to see this at this age group.

15. popularside

popularside Member+

Dec 14, 2009
    dublin
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Yes and tickets were really cheap. Ten euros for 7 games. Now they have made them free.

16. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    First day has been terrible. Atmospherewise. Attendancewise. Entertainmentwise. Footballwise. Only UAE - Honduras was supposedly a game worth watching. Hope this isn't what Qatar 2022 looks like...

17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Americas saying what is up.

18. guri

guri Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    Yeah we know how accustomed South American teams are to desert weather
    :rolleyes:

19. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unlike Qatar, which had no business bidding much less being awarded hosts of the World Cup, the UAE as hosts of the U17 World Cup is not entirely scandalous. Nonetheless, the ideal candidate for hosting a youth world cup is Iran. We have different cities with very different climates. Cities which are each worth visiting, each with stadiums which can accommodate a youth World Cup. And we have football fans who would flock to attend these games, seeing how Iran has been basically kept isolated and denied the chance to host any meaningful tournaments in ages. That kind of fan attendance would simply raise the profile and excitement of a youth world Cup.

I wish the next time there is a youth World Cup, we see Iran as the host. It would be good for the game.

20. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    #20 zahzah, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
    On a side note... What is it with the idiotic looking monk hairdos that European sides nad Brasil have been donning (honestly like half the kids had this idiotic style)? Is that really the current fashionable hairstyle? I'm aghast. Its worse than the mullet and the flat top. And makes them look like characters from "Dumb and Dumber".

BTW: I'm kind of feeling the either Brasil or Nigeria win this and become the sole leaders as to the tournament.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Where 2 watch Uzbekistan - Panama match?

22. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
  23. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This site is also good..

http://atdhe.eu/

24. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    u not there?))

glennaldo_sf repped this.
  25. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No and in fact it's our last night in UAE before heading back to Qatar... but the game is in Fujairah so we didn't go.. but will return for the final in 3 weeks time... hopefully Uzbekistan will be playing in that too :)

Nurafshon repped this.