2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Mexico v Italy - June 16, 2013

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    colima me saliste bien pinche terco @_@

2. CyberAce100

CyberAce100 Member+

Jul 4, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    rolf

Mexcellence repped this.
  3. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Carlos Vela's part of the song.

Que no me busquen, que no me llamen
    Que otra persona tiene la llave
    Para entrenarnos ahorita

Chicharitos part

¿Que voy a hacer?
    Cuando tenga ganas de meter un gol
    ¿Que voy a hacer?
    Seran muy tontos para dar me un pase de pared
    Saldre a buscarla al medio campo con
    La intencion de volverla a ver

Chepo

Me morire
    Cuando mire al tri con otro
    Me morire
    Hace Un par de dias que me corrieron y
    Hoy mirame Solamente quiero recuperarte
    Vuelve orta vez

Maza

Lo intentamos pero no pudo funcionar
    Yo hice las cosas mal
    Yo fui el que la cage

4. Miguel Myers

Miguel Myers Member+

Dec 3, 2011
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Maza. Complete shit ball to Mario....enserio?

LGRod repped this.
  5. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  6. austin23

austin23 Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Semarang, Indonesia
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    There is only so much a keeper can do if the Backline perform like Shiet.
    Corona had tremendous saves. Imagine if Talavera at the goal it had been 4-1 easily.
    Ochoa is a great goalkeeper make no mistake about it. But I'll stick to Corona for this Brazil match.

A draw would be a facking miracle with the way our team playing. But I still believe Mexico can surprise Brazil (in a good way)

7. z0mb1e

z0mb1e Member

May 31, 2007
    Twilight Zone
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    smh - People missed the whole point that Colima touched on earlier, and completely disregarded it, though it needed more emphasis, and he was discussing more on one issue than the other. No biggie. I'll point out the other that I agree to some extent.
    ^Right here. Somewhere along those lines.

What he could've done or what he couldn't do to block the shot is a whole different issue that I'm not going to address. The issue is the last key action towards the end of his attempt that seemed strange and we're left perplexed by it.

It was the effort that was lacking on the shot, the impression he gave off is that he gave up, maybe he choked that made him pull out, or maybe he thought it was going wide, but even then you still perform the task. But he didn't.

What I'm trying to say is that what matters most is the attempt or the will to getting the most out of yourself to produce desired results by doing your job to the fullest extent. It's all about following through. Seeing it to the end no matter what the end result might be, because holding out means you are setting yourself up to fall short or even fail.

He could've at least done himself and the fans a favor by committing himself by giving it a hundred percent on that single play. This could've saved him criticism and prevented a cloud of doubt, which I sincerely believe he would've made contact, because one, having a snapshot of a play(from a front perspective) and photoshopping it isn't conclusive(tho it did give me the lulz), two, extending your reach increases your chances of making contact and contracting your arms is counterintuitive (simple, right?), and three, there was a few feet of distance between himself and the ball when he was still moving towards the target's direction while being in mid-air, which having space between them leaves time(I know it's small, it still could've been enough) for him to reach it before the ball crosses the goal line considering he too was still in motion. Was it actually possible for him to make contact? Probably, eventhough that's beside my main point.

The fact is that he didn't go all out on the play, which gave the wrong message, and left room for doubt. So the lesson here is this, which could go beyond futbol/ sports:

Show Spoiler

[​IMG]

This is coming from a pro-Corona supporter.

#aslightlytonedrant
    #bigdeal
    #itcouldvebeenworse
    #gottacrashout

LGRod, slkdave, Colima24 and 2 others repped this.
  8. Perndog2006

Perndog2006 Member+

Jul 24, 2006
    Nery Nut Ryder
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [tin foil hat on] I think someone paid him to let a goal in[tin foil hat on]

LGRod repped this.
  9. rich loc

rich loc Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He couldn't even stop Blanco's.

LGRod repped this.
  10. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    At least Iker fully extended and didn't give up halfway through. :coffee:

LGRod repped this.
  11. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    He did not play well, he was terrible and allowed multiple crosses and was missing in action at the left most of the game. His inability to cope with semi-speedy wingers that are determined to cross the ball really hurt us. Out of the back four defenders he was the least worst but that is not saying much because he is a black hole in the squad and needs to get dumped.

Salcido and Maza are like Pardo, CANCER that people can't let go because they are stuck in the past instead of seeing how their lack of legs exposes the defense. Once players become liabilities in their dominant positions they need to get dumped. All of these jackasses were defenders that lost their legs and end up becoming massive liabilities because like zombies they just won't GTFO.

LGRod and Hecho en Chivas repped this.
  12. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Aquino sucks he can't pass, gets easily muscled off the ball, and can only beat his man when he suprises him with a full head of steam and a good amount of separation.

Barrera is far superior in strength and attacking but his decision making is flaky. Problem is that its easy to counter Barrera when you know that he is the only attacker on the right.

Gio and Barrera complement each other much better because both have the ability to beat their man and their passing is adequate to good most of the time. We need more attacking mids on the field because we have no wingbacks that can bomb forward without exposing us defensively. No wingbacks bombing forward means no width and our team becomes incredibly predictable.

Problem with the team is that Maza and Moreno both suck at distributing because they take their fkn time making a decision to pass. They need to quickly move the ball forward before the defense sets up.
    Jackass also said he was going to quit after the last world cup but like a zombie he still wants to be the brains of the team even though he lack the legs. He is playing more conservatively than before but he still gets beat easily out wide when wingers run at him with speed. If Italy had a competent winger that could cross we would be screwed because both Flores and Salcido were easily getting beat. 15-20 crosses into the box yet we lucked out because of how crappy Italy's wingers really are at crossing.

Lol, the Salcido defenders are out in force today. He's done the same thing before, he blames the team "mentality" instead of his inability to stop a winger from crossing into the box or his inability to bomb forward.

13. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    Some people are unable to comment without attacking others for having an opinion.

14. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

Late to the party as usual.

If you guys want to have this conversation, do it somewhere else.

This is your warning.

Thanks!

15. Estevo

Estevo Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 21, 2007
    The I to the E!
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--

This.

16. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011

He must have thought this was YouTube. Forgive him, he's a little slow.

17. ZapataEsTuPapa

ZapataEsTuPapa New Member

May 31, 2010
    Stanford, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've been refreshing zonalmarking.net since yesterday and their analysis of the game finally came up: http://www.zonalmarking.net/2013/06/18/italy-2-1-mexico-italy-excel-down-the-left-flank/

They analysis is mainly focused on the things Italy did right. A couple of interesting points they bring up:
    • Chepo's decision to bring in Mier to remedy the attacks Flores and Aquino couldn't stop on the right side.
    • Chepo's move to have Dos Santos and Chich drop in and keep the team compact
    • Balotelli's freedom to drop deep and use the space given when our CBs stayed in position or spin in behind when they played him tight.
    I"m trying to think of how Chepo might have mitigated those situations.
    • We're weak at RB and Barrera isn't more defensively oriented than Aquino.
    • Dos Santos and Little Pea had to help since Italy's mid was owning the mid
    • We have either physical CBs (Moreno / Maza) who couldn't match up with Balotelli's speed or speedy CBs (Reyes) who can't match up with Balotelli's strength.
    I know Italy has a pretty solid talent pool, but maybe it's a personnel problem (midfield) we have more than a tactical problem (although I accept that it's on him to pick the right personnel).

LGRod and Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  18. Rebaño_Sagrado

Rebaño_Sagrado Member+

May 21, 2006
    Home
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No mentions of Chich's poste work or Balotelli physically overpowering Maza; Torrado a deep-lying playmaker... I am disappoint in you Michael Cox.

LGRod and Hdez.Marcos repped this.
  19. LGRod

LGRod Member+

Mexico
    Aug 14, 2010
    Listenin to Los Bookies
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    [​IMG]

20. Baysic