2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Mexico v Italy - June 16, 2013

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jun 3, 2013.

1. NachoNation

NachoNation Member+

Jun 19, 2005
    GOAT Puzzle
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. Aquino is a worse version of Alberto Medina.

So is Barrera.

Both very overrated players.

sizal9 and metalmaster repped this.
  2. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    Corona showing everyone's why he isn't in Europe

Aquino showing everyone why he went to play second division

Maza being the same maza I've talked about for years and years. Total waste.

I've never not watched Mexico play, every game since about 00, but I think its time... until chepo is fired. Bring in carillo!

sizal9 repped this.
  3. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    finally someone else who thinks the same

4. Milk!

Milk! Member

Jan 6, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Guise, why hasn't Chepo called the two dudes behind Guardado? They were good enough to help him score a goal...

[​IMG]

MX92, invisible_shadow, ezyM and 14 others repped this.
  5. metalmaster

metalmaster Member+

Jul 7, 2004
    In the wrong hood
    Club:
    Hakoah Maccabi Ramat Gan
    Co-sign

6. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    HAHAHAHA...a que el pinche gordo barbudo atras de Guardado es mejor defensa que Maza

Azul88 and Carcacha repped this.
  7. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    hahahahahaha

LGRod repped this.
  8. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    Otro pinche loco.

icii, Azul88, shinymetalbrass and 2 others repped this.
  9. Mexcellence

Mexcellence Member+

Oct 12, 2007
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Number 0 lol

LGRod repped this.
  10. la fresa

la fresa Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    texas
    Club:
    Serbian White Eagles
    just kidding. I dont really have hope that anyone can turn this around. I mean, sadly chepo is a better coach than anyone else in Mexico except maybe vuce who wont coach the national team. Its too late and too risky to bring in anyone foreign, except maybe bielsa but if our defense is bad now, imagine how it would be then..

11. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    My bad. Hay un pinche loco por ahi que de verdad quiere a Carillo.

I think Chepo is doing so bad another Mexican coach besides Vuce can do well. But there aren't many.

12. MeXiCo Ez Mi SaNgRe

Jun 14, 2007
    New York, NY
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo will win me over if he plays this against Brazil...........IF

---------------------Corona----------------------
    Mier------Moreno--------Reyes----Guardado
    -----------Zavala-----------Herrera-------------
    Barrera:(-----------Jimenez-------------Giovani
    --------------------Chicharito---------------------

z0mb1e, Azul88 and El Jalisciense repped this.
  13. Carcacha

Carcacha Member+

Apr 12, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    the fact maza, who has been one of the most controversial players for a while (finger pic) and has been in shitmode continues to be captain despite his many recent pendejadas is a reflection of the terco of a worthless coach we have.

14. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    LOL, it's more in the line of Mexico's projected success is better suited for the 2018 WC when our top three players should have consolidated their careers in Europe. By that time the likes of Cheech, Vela, and Gio should all be key players and starters in their respective clubs. We should also have a strong supporting cast of Jonathan's and Herrera's and why not a new gem.

As far as deviating blame from Chepo. I think he failed to anticipate so many players sucking hard at the same time and didn't have proper replacements. We can add to that the younger players not being up to par. I won't go into tactics as I feel that a) His system was producing results and b) No matter how you set up the team if the players can't complete an eight yard pass, send a proper cross, or clear a ball in the box then it is all futile.

This Confeds Cup will serve to show which players are World Cup material and which are no longer first team worthy. The Gold Cup should give us more options. Despite our downfalls Mexico still has the best depth in the region. Despite that, I feel the masses have spoken and unless Chepo canqualify to the second round of the CC that he will be sacked. My belief is that Chepo can suck it up at the CC and GC and still manage to qualify to the WC even if it's through a playoff against New Zealand.

If the squad manages to overcome their challenges they should be better off than if we cut the process and start over with a new coach/system which I feel wouldn't fix the problems just patch them up. I also see a Fear of Failure and maintaining a process, especially one that hits a rough patch, should help overcome this. We lose faith too quickly. We lost it with Bora despite his GC win, Copa America 3rd place, and 3 consecutive WCs under his belt. We lost faith with Lapuente despite his Confeds Cup championship. And we have lost it with Chepo despite all objectives being reached so far.

15. Rafael Hernandez

Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    You're pathetic. Not even Lavolpistas were so pro Lavolpe.

LGRod and El Spooky repped this.
  16. slkdave

slkdave Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    San Diego
    Various Apologies

z0mb1e, BUWII, metalmaster and 3 others repped this.
  17. Baysic

Baysic Member+

Jun 11, 2009
    The Bay Area, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    I'm getting real tired of your shit Julie <_<

Sleepy Spaceman, LGRod and zenden repped this.
  18. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    Salcido was done as a Leftback awhile back and everyone saw him getting exposed repeatedly when always bombed forward. The switch to DM and that disaster had us all thinking that because Chepo refuses to dump him LB is where he causes less damage. Salcido lacks the legs to bomb forward and defend adequately against fast wingers and the team is a black hole offensively because our wingbacks are awful either at defending or father times robbed their of most of their ability. Torres Nilo looks much better defensively than Salcido and not only that he has the legs to bomb forward. Salcido playing over Nilo is outrageous and i don't see how anyone can defend Salcido playing when its obvious he no longer has what it takes to play at this level.

Aquino was horrific but removing him for Mier was a stupid decision, He should have brought in Barrera/Reyna or any god damn attacker/mid. Mier looks good as a CB and I'm not criticizing him as a player he should have been in the game instead of that retard Maza.

The reality is that this is not the first time that Chepo has benched our best players just to be able to play his gallos. We were tremendous on counters with Gio, Barrera, Guardado, Chicharito, Juarez, Nilo bombing forward. Now the only two players i saw actually try to attack all game were Gio and Guardado. Everyone else is just going through the motions because they all know Chepo's tactics have killed our ability to attack with any kind of speed or imagination.

Not playing Gio was criminal, he is our best player and should always play. Not calling Vela is shameful he is the only player that approaches Gio's talent. Overall i'm tired of seeing Chepo's gallos always starting and playing 90 minutes when much more dynamic players are on the bench or banished because they don't grovel to the coach of the federation.

Juturna67 and Lalo37 repped this.
  19. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    You are sucking ass hardcore. Chepo is the coach and the buck stops with him pretending that he has reached all the objectives is delusional since the team has turned to shit.

This is not the first time Chepo was being exposed as a coach. At the gold cup he was becoming incredibly predictable and teams responded well and the only reason we won the Gold cup is because all our young cats refused to quit and managed to pull out an ass whooping on the US.

Nilo gets benched for Salcido. Gio gets benched and rarely plays until Chepo's back is to the wall. Maza becomes the captain even though he is a moron that eats clenbuterol, has massive brainfarts, flips off photographers and then brazenly lies about it. Torrado is recalled and players 90 minutes when its obvious he no longer has the legs for it.

How exactly can you blame the players when its the coach that picks them and tells them how to play? Its on Chepo to get them to play together and to find the appropriate tactics to get them to succeed.

We are down 2-1 at the 70 minute and the jack ass waits till the 83 minute to sub in an attacker for is most effective DM and leaves on 5 defenders in the back with only 2 attacking mids and a forward completely isolated. He fails to even try and make another sub because he believes we are dominating Italy and we might get "lucky" and score.

Do explain how Chepo is not to blame for the team turning to shit? The young players never quit and continued bombing forward but Chepo dumps them and turns to our shitty veterans that have been involved in previous episodes of suckitude.

Maza is not a captain, Chepo picking his is outrageous. Maza was scared shitless of Balotelli and repeatedly fkd up, yet the bastard played all 90. Torrado was a headless chicken once he ran out of gas and flores ran around and embarrassed himself by getting beat so easily. Salcido ran out of gas and basically was incapable of bombing forward or attempting to win the ball back with pressure.
    It was sad seeing only Guardado, Gio, Jimenez being the only ones actually trying to pressure the ball to get possession back. All the rest were basically zombies that only shuffled around the field brainless.

Juturna67 repped this.
  20. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    The Chepo post game comments are being blown out of proportion I think.

If he's shown consistency in one area, it's his post game comments regarding what he expects his team to do. I read them as "this is what we had to do to compete" not "this is what we actually did to compete."

But I digress.

21. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    This gif is the perfect image to show what torrado did all game.

I'm sorry, but you can't have a dude in a seleccion do what torrado is doing in that gif for most of the game in a National Team Jersey, unless you are a nation with futbol evolution in the realm of Tahiti. You just CAN'T!!!! All fucking game long!!! Just when i thought that maybe we had evolved some in the soccer since 2006-7,8,9,10. Our seleccion, today, looked like when we play Belize--and we had them gnarly unis to go the whole 9 yards-- and the whole world watching this 3rd world country indigents, that have that one known soccer player with the cute name.

Chepo has assembled an embarrassment of a team; and aligns a worse one.

TGO and LGRod repped this.
  22. PARS

PARS Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Club:
    CF Rayados de Monterrey
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I don't think anyone here states Salcido is in his prime, he is past that. All I said is, he played well, and he did, even with all the hate-glasses on, he was better than many of our guys out there (to name a few Maza, Torrado, Flores, Aquino, Chicharito).

Putting Mier in was probably the only good sub he made, the mistake was leaving Flores in. Not sure what mentioning Barrera and Juarez does, they are not in their previous form, might as well say that we were better when Salcido and Osorio were in their prime because it is also true.

Vela was called, I think a lot of effort went into trying to get him to come, as much effort as the FMF and the coaching staff can make without belittling themselves even more.

Agree on Gio, he did go 90, maybe earlier Chepo thought he was off (I am not defending Chepo).

/p

23. NCCFBALL

NCCFBALL Member+

Apr 19, 2007
    ITALY
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    If there is one main thing I hate about Chepo, it's his subs. he always puts them in too late....how the hell did we play that game yesterday and leave one sub on the bench? Why didn't Jimenez come in earlier? WTF

TGO and Gucci repped this.
  24. Mexico Fan

Mexico Fan Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    how did chepo go 13 games unbeaten? seriously

25. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    3 words...concacaf.

TGO, metalmaster and sizal9 repped this.