2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Mexico v Italy - June 16, 2013

Discussion in 'Mexico National Team' started by JohnnyFutbol, Jun 3, 2013.

1. El_Huero

El_Huero Member+

Dec 21, 2009
    EduarDitto "The Pelé of Anal"
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    I edited my post brehz
    :thumbsup:

2. El_LatinLover

El_LatinLover BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I guarantee you if Chepo is fired--which he is not-- would be replaced by him. Herrera was lined up in the final by Tena, so, just saying.

3. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    Wow, there so much rubbish in this post that it is making my head hurt.

First of all, everyone here was telling you that the signs were there that pointed to us not playing well in the Confederations Cup. But no you said, apparently we have a special fairy that sprinkles magical dust on our players so that they over perform at this stage. This is ridiculous, just because you cannot look at our team and come to accurate conclusions about their strengths and weaknesses does not mean that there is a magical aspect to their performances in important tournaments.

Just because Gio and Vela were part of the golden generation, does not mean that we thought they would be the best 2 players in the world. Gio's team got relegated but if you do not have the capability to see his true level, which he has shown time and time again, then I cant help you.

Your point about CH14 is stupid. You somehow think Borgetti performed better at a national team level simply because he was a starter at Santos while CH14 sits on the bench at ManU. The firs problem with this is that it is just not true, CH14 is on a trajectory to surpass Borgetti as the leading scorer in the next couple of years. The other problem is that Borgetti, unlike CH14, never had to drop back 40 yards from the goal to receive a ball and make something happen. Could it possibly be that CH14, like Borgetti, is a pure striker that should play parallel to the offsides line. Wow, what a revelation.

Most people here are not saying that we are good enough to get to the semis of the WC or win the Confederations Cup. However, we are good enough to qualify easily from Concacaf and get to the 5th game of the WC.

Its funny how when faced with criticism of Chepo, you told everyone to wait until the Confederations Cup. Now that we have waited, you are primarily blaming the level of our players. Not once, in your ignorant post, this you put any blame on Chepo. I am not saying that you think he deserves no blame, but the very fact that you fail to mention his responsibility and attack the players instead says a lot.

TGO, Boxy Brown, siva66 and 1 other person repped this.
  4. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    still I picked the wrong sensei.:unsure:

5. shinymetalbrass

shinymetalbrass Member+

Jan 22, 2012
    US
    Club:
    Club Santos Laguna
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Who is denying he has made mistakes? That doesnt change the fact that he has probably been our most important player.

I dont think he could have reached the one today either, but he def messed up by not trying to reach it. You cant just give up like that.

6. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I was talking about the obvious, and ironic use of bad grammar; you used the same word, right next to each other to mean different things. On a wall i tell you.

7. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    I mosco everything you said.

Now don't go back in reverse...I put the importance of goalkeeping right next to the goal scorer.

You can bloody disagree....You are still welcome for tea and bacon.

8. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    If that is true then lets not bother going to the WC, you could see it in his face that he was scared shit less today.

9. DoctorDirector

Sep 3, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chepo as coach is ok only if his political pull and ability to get the most from his players outweighs his weaknesses at the highest levels. It can work better perhaps with even better assistance or consultations... but honestly I wouldnt have him as coach if it wasnt excused hy extremely messy internal politics, makes me nervous that it is costing coaching quality.
    Is SAF interested? Imagine that for a sendoff for his retirement the chance to get Mexico past more rounds than any non hosting year... or just players n farther than ever.
    Or Bielsa instead to achieve it.
    Or Chepo with some sort of brain trust and help from aguirre and vucetich and tena to keep it mexican thing?
    This confeds is really just a world cup warm up in my book, chepo should stay if he can exceed prior standards and not just struggle to meet them.

10. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix
    The two DM midfield is a disaster as much as people on this board hated on the Torrado/Castro pairing those two were tremendous at bossing the midfield and physically fouling players.

Our defenders can't pass worth a damn and its sad that they have to hoof it forward all the time.

The team has lost belief in themselves and Chepo is to blame with his rigid fkn tactics that have stripped the team of all life.

Time to clean house and dump all the old guard and rely on younger players with more heart that actually run all game instead of the quit i saw.

---------------------Ochoa----------------------
    --Aquino-----Reyes-----Mier--------Nilo-----
    ---------------Zavala-----Herrera--------------
    -----Barrera---------Gio----------Guardado----
    ---------------------Jimenez-----------------------

Chicharito for Barrera, Meza for Aquino, Reyna for Zavala

---------------------Ochoa----------------------
    --Meza-----Reyes-----Mier--------Nilo-----
    --------------------Herrera--------------
    --------Gio---------Reyna-------Guardado----
    -------------Jimenez-------Chicharito----------

11. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Various is out of touch.

That's what happens when you stay so long in your ivory tower.

12. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
  13. Pirru

Pirru Member+

Sep 21, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Premio zamora doesn't really mean much.

Al mejor equipo del mundo...No le llegan tanto.

Iker is and has always been better.

hell...before his injury and beef with Mourinho.

Iker was the best keeper in the world.

#1Keeper repped this.
  14. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011

Aquino as RB? No mames. Did you watch today's game?

15. futgod

futgod Member+

Nov 28, 2006
    NorCal
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Can someone post a line up bielsa would put out if he was coach. I'm too depressed with this crap

16. Narc83

Narc83 Member+

Jul 21, 2007
    Phoenix

Damn right i did and Aquino was a better defender than Flores. I'd rather have players that can semi-pass and at least foul a player without drawing a red. Aquino fouls when he gets beat badly and his work rate is one of his redeeming qualities. The reality is that our rightbacks suck right now and i'd rather see Mier as a CB because he has nice speed and actually looks to have a pair.

17. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Guy, aquino cannot be anywhere close to that defensive line, ever.
    [​IMG]
    Aquino defending two italian players.

BUWII and ...In my defense repped this.
  18. elvasco

Sep 10, 2006
    according to some one here he already signed with Santos so it does not matter anymore.:cry:

pinshi chepo.:mad:

19. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011
    Aquino as Rb is a trainwreck waiting to happen. Did you see what Gio did to Abate? Well, that would happen to Aquino nearly every time he's on a man to man marking by the sideline... he's light as a feather. He'll get out muscled every time.

aztlanaguila831 repped this.
  20. rajale

rajale Member

Feb 13, 2011
    Mexico
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Seria interesante que entrenaran a Aquino como lateral, aunque mi pollo siempre ha sido Mier.

21. Mexico Fan

Mexico Fan Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Here's the blueprint, you can fill in the blanks.

1 ball playing centreback: ?
    1 very fast centreback: ?
    2 ambitous forward thinking full backs: ?

1 playmaker and tempo controller in midfield: ?
    1 hardworking anchor man in midfield: ?
    1 box-to-box utility man with a free role in midfield: ?

1 target man with pace: ?
    2 inside attacking midfielders on the wing: ?

22. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Mexico's National team motto: Hire the hottest coach available whom will have no idea what he is doing; Hire the real coach within a year of the World Cup.

23. SkiptoMyLou

SkiptoMyLou Member+

Mar 20, 2011

You forgot the part where the team vows out of the World Cup on the round of 16s.

aztlanaguila831 repped this.
  24. El_LatinLover

Nov 27, 2007
    The Poorside
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    In order:
    1-Moreno
    2-CB aren't usually fast. Reyes.
    3-Guardado, Mier can handle it.
    4-Fabian/Herrera.
    5-Chaton
    6-Fabian/Chaton
    7-Vela
    8-Vela/?

I don't know, and i don't want to play anymore.

25. Hecho en Chivas

Hecho en Chivas Member+

Apr 22, 2004
    Chulajuana
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Aquino as RB?!

WTF are you guys smoking?

s7kru, #1Keeper, TGO and 8 others repped this.