2013 FIFA Confederations Cup: Elimination Rounds [R]

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Nico Limmat, Jun 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OrlandoEngelaar

Jul 19, 2008
    CA
    Brazil didn't show the world how to beat Spain, they showed the world how Brazil beat Spain. No other team has a unique blend of athleticism, strength, and technique that Brazil has.

2. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    [​IMG]

3. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  4. Cliveworshipper

Cliveworshipper Member+

Dec 3, 2006

And no other team had impunity to foul with no consequences.

5. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

You are back...................We were all searching for you....How are you feeling now ? ;)

FiveXChampion repped this.
  6. zahzah

zahzah Member+

Jun 27, 2011
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    The amount of excuses is pretty ridiculous... one would have thought is was a competitive game between two equals, not one team steamrolling over the other...

Spanish fans better get use to becoming permanent underachievers again. Xavi is done and he was the difference maker.

7. raviept

raviept Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Braga
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I hope Brazilians also give merit to Scolari, who in my opinion is one of the best NT coaches in the world. He is not brilliant, tactically speaking, but he knows how to motivate players and to create union in a group that is only gathered a few times a year. I would not dismiss Spain so quickly as some people do, but this game does illustrate a major problem that European sides will have to face next year: the atmosphere and the weather.

PapaDoc23 repped this.
  8. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Wonderful display of team work by brazil...Just want to thank guys like peurtirocane , guigs , papadoc, FiveXChampion etc who have supported the team all throughout even during bad times. Keep faith in the team guys ...

FiveXChampion repped this.
  9. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    No it isn't.

worms repped this.
  10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, there's Germany and Portugal. Maybe even Italy (when healthy).

11. Kempa

Kempa Member

Sep 6, 2007
    Washington Suburbs
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    For the 2014 World Cup, temperatures in Brazil can vary greatly depending on the location.

Porto Alegre in the south has average lows of 10C to 20C. Curitiba has 8C to 19C, but can get below freezing at times.

North and northeastern cities have much higher temperatures. That is what we saw in Fortaleza, Recife, and Salvador. Natal and Manaus will have similar temperatures.

Other cities will be somewhere in between. Teams will have to adapt.

12. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't think Spain should complain about dirty fouls and Physical play one bit.
    The three goals scored had nothing to do with dirty play. First one was pure heart, hustle and genius to shoot while on the ground. Second was Brilliance by Neymar. Third was beautiful technique by Fred.

And if anything Spain were the ones getting silly yellow cards and a red.

laudrup_10 and FiveXChampion repped this.
  13. PapaDoc23

PapaDoc23 Member

Apr 9, 2012
    Brooklyn,New York
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Scolari is a great motivator and he will not allow this team to fall into "salto alto."He was not even happy when we were up 3x0. He was yelling and screaming. He didn't sound satisfied even when we won. He did his job. The confidence in the team was an all time low. I even predicted brasil would crash out the group stages after the chile match. There was even talk in the Brasilian media of talk of sacking Scolari in the occasion of humiliation in the confed cup. Scolari did his job. He brought faith back to the team,and he motivated the team to play hard. He however took this win with a pinch of salt. He knows the big one is next summer. And I predict many of the players who played in the confed cup won't be here next year. Yeah we won but knowing Felipao he will do more tweaking and tinkering with the team. It is not a finish product. He did more 6 month then Mano Menezes did in two years. But there is so much more work to do.

14. Latin Pride

Latin Pride Member

Aug 1, 2004
    In your house
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I just hope the Confederations Cup winner's curse doesn't happen this time. Eventually it has to end right? So why not now?

15. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I never bought into the whole idea that this is the worst team ever, just because we lost 2 tournaments back to back... Brazilians are not used to losing back to back tournaments, but for all of the other countries in the world, that's something which is very very normal. So we overreact in a bad way.

The same way I always fear playing against, Germany, Italy, Argentina or Uruguay regardless of how poorly their team is playing, people should respect the Brazilian National team, regardless of who is wearing the amarelinha... It's REALLY hard to get to wear that shirt. You wear it, it's indicative that you ARE really good.

16. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    It's not a curse, it's just statistics it's really hard to win 2 tournaments in a row. Most teams outside of Brazil when they do it, the become a legendary team for said country.

17. FiveXChampion

FiveXChampion Member

Sep 23, 2000
    California
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. BlackDiamond

BlackDiamond Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The key word for Spain from now on is: adaptation.

It´s crystal clear that there are a couple of teams capable of beating them if Spain doesnt change its mind regarding the ball possession and counters. Ok, the tiki-taka is nice and works amazingly in almost every match, but their fatal error was to assume that this style would work every single time whoever was the opponent. Against Brazil, you cannot expect to be in control of the ball and not suffer deadly counters.

Even Nigeria showed it doesnt work all the time. Now it´s time to Spain to be wise and learn from matches like that.

Finally, I cant help but laugh on some Spain fans complaining about fouls and stuff. Tactical fouls are part of the game. Deal with it.

19. AcesHigh

AcesHigh Member+

Nov 30, 2005
    Novo Hamburgo
    Club:
    Gremio Porto Alegre
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I disagree. Italy could have beaten Spain if they had Balotelli (they played in a similar manner to Brazil, but without Balotelli had less quality in the front to put the ball in the net).

And Bayern destroyed Barcelona, which is 2/3 of Spain´s team.

20. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Plus the World Cup has more than 4 good teams in it, unlike the Confederations Cup. So it shouldn't be that difficult to understand why the Confed Cup winner has never gone on to win the WC.

21. hirtme

hirtme Member

Nashville SC
    May 2, 2006
    Nashville
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As expected Brazil. Twitter had PaddyPower adjust lines to where Brazil is now the favorite to win World Cup as should have been the case all along. Spain should be as concerned with the Italy match. No team would have beaten Brazil yesterday.

I'm hoping for maybe a semifinal rematch with maybe Messi - I mean Argentina on the other side with some Euro power or dark horse.

What to watch now????

22. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

Next year, if we face Brazil and their players were allowed to foul and kick other teams with impunity leading up to the game between us and them, like they did in this tournament, Del Bosque should unleash the physical beast named Javi Martinez on them and tell him to kick the shit out of their players and terrorize them. If he gets booked then we can start moaning to the referee about them fouling us and try and get them booked. That is the only way to win in those conditions, we have to play as dirty as them.

23. ripalino

ripalino Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Sao Paulo
    Club:
    Fluminense Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Who is gonna miss out? Palinho, caesar, oscar, neymar, silva, gustavo luiz, all will be starters. I think the team is more or less decided for wc. Maybe Fernandinho could be a last minute inclusion.

24. worms

worms Red Card

Mar 28, 2013
    Club:
    FC Barcelona

:x3:

Look at the shit in your midfield, Diego Perez, Alvero Rios and other players who can barely trap a football. Lugano who is clearly on his last legs and can only get by playing as a "penalty box defender" now, Forlan is past it, your keeper is shit at dealing with crosses etc

But the main problem is your shit midfield, you have no one who can put their foot on the ball and dictate a game. Look at Italy's midfield compared to yours - De Rossi, Pirlo, Marchiso, Montolivo, Verrati, etc

You are basically Suarez + a decent albeit ageing defense. You might not even qualify for the World Cup ffs.