2013 Dynamo jersey/kit

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by drew622, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Once again, who gives a crap if folks in Mexico know who our sponsor is? Or where the company is based? The Dynamo just signed a deal to broadcast 15 games on a channel 60% of the Houston area can't get but we're concerned about whether or not the potential jersey sponsor registers in Mexico?

It will come down to the color of green, but it won't be El Tri jerseys that matter.

However, the presidents/CEO's of the last two Dynamo jersey sponsors both ended up with messy exits from their company and companies that struggled after the deal was signed, I might go ahead and short the stock of the next jersey sponsor if it is a public company.

2. Grimmjow316

Grimmjow316 Member+

Jun 20, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    El Salvador
    I would like for WFM to sponsor it would never happen though :( I say this since I see quite a bit of the shop in the Bellaire location where I work.

3. redinthemorning

redinthemorning Member+

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sure they are, but the emissions produced when we use their products are ruining our oceans, and their business practices are not helping the already volatile situations in the Middle East (Statoil knows all about that).

I'm not trying to demonize the energy industry specifically (although it's pretty messed up), the point is, I can demonize any shirt sponsor. Underage drinking is bad for brain development; drinking and driving kills people. HEB and other chain grocers encourage the continued marginalizing of the small farmer. AT&T and other telco's are always doing their damnedest to screw consumers. The list goes on.

When you accept a shirt sponsor, you can't be picky. Bringing an outside presence onto your kit pretty much violates the sanctity of sport and forces you to view everything your team does through a different lens, for better or worse. So when someone gets upset about the prospect of Budweiser as a jersey sponsor, I'll give them grief about it.

That's a valid point. If a jersey sponsor actually limits the reach of the team (either kids can't wear their jerseys certain places, or the sponsor doesn't get to put their logo on kid replica jerseys), then that sponsor shouldn't be considered. But to decline a hypothetical Budweiser deal out of some sense of moral obligation to 'think of the children' and then endorse pretty much any other jersey sponsor is kind of ridiculous. Our soul is already up for auction, why limit the bidders on moral grounds? Especially when one of those bidders already has their logo in plain view all over the stadium.

"We build downtown. Where do you build?

footyfool and brahmafutbol repped this.
  4. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I just hope we get a sponsor and spend a day talking about a partnership and forced synergies.:eek: Just admit it is a valuable billboard and the new sponsor ponied up the most for it.

5. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really didn't follow your point. I wasn't against beer as a sponsor, I couldn't care less. But alcohol is tricky with minors. They can't have any alcohol advertising in school, so they wouldn't be able to wear a Dynamo jersey with a beer sponsor on it to school or a school function. Neither could I as a teacher. And I think a lot of parents would have a problem with giving their teen-aged or younger children a jersey with a beer logo promonontly displayed but not even the name of the team anywhere. It reminds me of when Jeff Bagwell asked Budweiser not to run the Budweiser frame around the replays of his home runs because he wanted to be a good example for children.
    All this reminds me of the reality of teaching in East Bernard and its Czech beer drinking heritage. Beer is everywhere here. When we give state tests, we give them in the American Legion Hall, with its beer ads surrounding the test takers. According to test rules, you have to cover anything on the walls related to the test. Aparently that doesn't apply to beer. :)

6. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you want 'big oil' demon, you need to look at the national oil companies.

7. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess his highly suspected PED usage and post-career troubles sort of make that Budweiser frame concern pale in comparison.

But the alcohol sponsorship issue does have a concern with kids. For example, they don't make the little die-cast NASCAR cars for kids that have Budweiser or Miller Lite on them for sale in any toy stores (to tell you the extent they go to, you can only buy them from certain places and even then, they come screwed into a base to make it hard for kids to play with them like normal cars.)

8. The_Ponce

The_Ponce Co-President of the United States of Dynamo

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ******** YOU! NEVER INSULT BAGWELL!!!!!*

*Not offended by racial marks and trolling Westie has done in past, talks badly about Bagwell and goes apeshit.

lol

9. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember Glen Davis(the other, other Glen Davis) asking Milo not say "It's time to pop the top on an ice cold Bud!" every time he hit a home run. Did Bagwell have similar objections?

10. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I think it would be cool to have Carta Blanca on the front of our shirt as a sponsor. I like that beer.

Statoil would be the logical choice for an oil company sponsor for the shirt due to their long time support already.

Anybody have a sneak peak yet at what the shirts may look like?

11. ShoelessMan

ShoelessMan In vino veritas!

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yes... :D

12. The Frenchman

The Frenchman Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Katy
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Spill the beans dude - I trust you considering what your former job was. At least what team does it mostly resemble?

13. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Caribous of Colorado!

Heft repped this.
  14. Transatlantic

Transatlantic Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    ...and...

15. brahmafutbol

brahmafutbol Member+

Jan 29, 2006
    East Bernard, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know, when I typed that I wasn't real sure if it was Bagwell, it could have been Davis. I remember the frames around the screen after a home run that said something about it being Budweiser time. One of those two hitters asked not to have it for their home runs and Bud obliged. I meant to research it but forgot to.

16. ChrizG13

ChrizG13 Member+

Mar 1, 2010
    Humble
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ah the old "I know something you don't know". Well played.

17. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JC507 repped this.
  18. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ouch! that's rough!!!

they're very plain and simple. that's all i can say. i think they'll be well received.

El Naranja, JC507, DrLudicrous and 2 others repped this.
  19. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Member+

Jun 28, 2002
    Houston
    So the unicorn won't have fire coming out of its nostrils? I guess I can live with that.

anderson repped this.
  20. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, ok, as long as there's a rainbow.

21. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Could we get a Westside Cosmo special edition uniform with Hope and Change stamped over the heart?

22. anderson

anderson Member+

Feb 28, 2002
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And with "Sí, se puede!" along the back of the collar?

El Naranja, *rey* and Heft repped this.
  23. The_Ponce

Feb 21, 2011
    Houston, Texas, U.S.
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Westie's uniform will only be worn on gay pride day against the Fire.

What if Westie is secretly Ortiz and criticizes himself on here only for us to stand-up for him?

The fire coming out of the nostrils is what put the whole thing together!

If there's no rainbow, they might as well not even release for public sale. Nobody would want a rainbowless jersey.

Juve simple or mayo simple?

24. ShoelessMan

Jan 25, 2006
    Houston
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no fire coming out of it's nostrils, but it does poop glitter...

anderson and DrLudicrous repped this.
  25. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bochum have already done rainbows.

[​IMG]

What? They're just big Pink Floyd fans.