2013 Crew gear

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cleazer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that hat would go well with the new training jacket

2. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ... and if you buy a hat make sure you buy one that fits and you curve the bill of the hat like a proper hat should be worn.

3. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Repped.

Also, don't forget to remove price tags and any stickers that may be affixed to the brim.

Crewmania and LaMacchia repped this.
  4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's like waiting for the cable guy/electrician/plumber/etc.

If he's not here between 10-2, wait until 3-7. If he's not there then, take yet another day off work.

5. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Joe Queenan's Fan Cannon (from this book), Rule #1:
    Wear the hat right, doofus.

6. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Wrong. That is NOT how to sport Yellow Swag. Don't make me link that video as evidence.

7. Big Strong Patrick

Big Strong Patrick That's so Gaven

Dec 9, 2004
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So if the jerseys were supposed to be on sale today & there hasn't been a third jersey unveiling, does that mean that there won't be one this year?

What about wearing a winter hat pulled way back so that the front of the brim is on the top of your head or wearing your pants below your entire butt?

8. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess is that the Crew do not sell enough jerseys for adidas to make a 3rd jersey available

9. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Forget the brim. I like how regular normal freaking hats are called Snapbacks now.

10. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hard to sell something that isn't available. :)

General Disarray and CrewBeat repped this.
  11. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    You obviously don't work with very many salesmen / salespeople / saleswomen

12. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Sadly, 100% of my job is working with sales people. lol

13. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    Vaporware has no flaws, is all things to all men, and cures what ails ya.

kgilbert78 repped this.
  14. patricksp

patricksp 91.9 Crew Fan Rating

Nov 4, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FYI went to the Crew Store today and they had the authentic long and short sleeve jerseys in, and yes they all had the star above the crest.

Also they had some of the infant gear on sale and they will be getting NEW kids wear next week. They had it but did not put it out yet, so I will be stopping by next week.

15. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OT to this thread, but were there any pocket schedules by the ticket office?

16. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very true. I wish that the league would sign a contract with '47 Brand so we could get their Franchise hats. The XL fits me wonderfully, and other than my 1935 Indians New Era (%100 wool, not that plastic acrylic crap), they're the only type of hats I buy.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  17. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a question...Is it a bad thing that I don't go out and buy the new shirt every year and actually wait and hope to find them, authentic or replica, at places like TJ Maxx or Marshall's? I still wear my shirts with the Glidden logo on them to matches and viewing parties and sometimes wonder if I'm not "representing" properly. Back when we were doing all of the renovations to our house, and once Glidden became a sponsor, we would only buy Glidden primer and paint to support. Now, even though I shave with an electric razor, I do occasionally shave with a blade and only use Barbasol. My wife also now uses Barbasol for her shaving needs. Must I absolutely go out and get a new shirt with Barbasol every year, though?

I realize it might be a silly question, but I wouldn't mind folks sharing their thoughts on this (or I wouldn't even have asked the question), and perhaps there are others thinking the same thing. I had even thought that it might be cool if the Crew gave the top two tiers of full season ticket holders an authentic shirt with their tickets and the other tiers of full season ticket holders replica shirts, or offer those folks half off authentic or replica shirts at the Crew Gear store. Doubt that would happen but it's just an idea.

18. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hardly ever buy new shirts. The prices are just too high to buy a new one every year. The shirt I wear to matches is still the big yellow stripe on a black shirt and even that is just a cotton t-shirt.

19. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    heck no, it's not a bad thing. "vintage" gear is sometimes the coolest stuff. I bought nothing new last season, but still felt like one of the coolest cats at the tailgates and in the Nordecke with all the aged gear I was sportin'.

20. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have bought a new jersey every 3-4 seasons. I liked the Barbasol half white/black/yellow jersey from last season so I bought it. I won't buy another for awhile now.

21. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    There is too much awesome fan and supporter group merch to buy that I skip the league and Adidas shit altogether.

CrewBeat and djtrinidad repped this.
  22. djtrinidad

djtrinidad Member

May 30, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The 2008-09 away jersey (recent traditional ajax home style) is personally my favorite, I wear mine to every match/watch party I attend, and will continue to do so without hesitation.

I would be shocked if any fellow supporters would be critical of almost any crew gear another supporter was wearing. Not Buying a new shirt every year or two at the ever increasing prices is a difficult thing for anyone to criticize, for any club. Do I wish I could? yes, but am happy to have a shirt I am proud to wear to represent the club I support.

23. djtrinidad

djtrinidad Member

May 30, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Great point. I remember even some of those awesome shirts on Skreened a while back.

24. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    my opinion I say if you ware wearing the colors and logo not matter what type of article of clothing it is, you're representing the Crew properly.

I go into TJ Maxx quite often and I haven seen a Crew jersey in quite some time...

25. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It used to be easy to spot them because they were almost always yellow. I would like to find the white away ones, but I have to sort through the racks and racks of stuff and I just don't want to take the time.