2013 Crew gear

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cleazer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Bullshit. I normally wear a men's medium. In Homage, I wear an XL. My wife wears two Homage men's large t-shirts as nightshirts because I bought them for myself only to find they fit me like a sausage casing. I'm not a big man, either. Sure, I have some chunk on me but I'm 36 years old for christ's sake! Get off my back!

ZipSix and CrewV Man repped this.
  2. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? I am much larger than you, and like I said I wear an XL and have some Ls (can't wear those at the moment really, but hopefully will again in a few months. I've been cleared to start biking again!).

You're about my brother's size (he may be a touch more in shape than you right now, but he also passed up the kid route so he can run double digit miles every day), the last shirt I got him was a L. He said it was good but could go with a Medium.

I woulda pegged you as a Large boardering on Medium.

*Edit:
    I guess one thing I will say is that there doesn't seem to be a huge jump between M to L. But the jump from L to XL seems a bit bigger BUT the jump from XL to XXL seems to be exponentially larger.

3. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    Yes, being totally honest.When I BOUGHT the shirts, I was training for and running in a circuit of half marathons, 25Ks, and 40K trail runs. I was in the best shape of my adult life and the ********ers still fit like latex.

I like Homage shirts, too. Local company, pretty cool retro designs. But the fit is deffo smaller, tighter, hipster, whatever the hell you want to call it.

4. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Weird. Sorry to hear it. I am just surprised. As someone who has had some yo-yo weight issues the past couple years, I am pretty particular about the brand of shirts I wear, and I have really liked the Homage ones because they fit well and stretch well. I will say, however, that I always feel like the yellow is tighter than the black shirt (but I sometimes I think it may just be because I look fatter in yellow compared to the slimming black).

5. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is, I have the same issue with the yellow shirt.

6. Skeleton Crew

Skeleton Crew Member+

Mar 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We also sell "husky"

7. 110toyourleft

110toyourleft Member+

Jan 27, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to contribute to the sizing conversation, but my opinion may be discounted due to the fact that nobody ever taught me how to do laundry correctly. But I do think the "massive" yellow shirt is rather tighter than than other shirts of the same size (I'm L pretty much accross the board).

8. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I need extra husky ;-)

9. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

KillerCanary, eboe, DK021 and 5 others repped this.
  10. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was at Dick's Sporting Goods Easton last weekend and they had one new piece of Crew gear for 2013. It was a white adidas t-shirt with this phrase on the front:

ALL
    CREW
    ALL
    YEAR

The text was all block letters with images of Crew players and CCS filling it (example below). Wish I had snapped a pic, but you get the gist of it. Not much to it, but I like the phrase.

22_images_in_text.jpg

11. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw that shirt too and was pretty psyched for a new Crew offering at a national outlet. But then I looked closer to see if I could identify the players in the graphic. They're not Crew players, and I'm pretty sure they're not even MLS, let alone American. Needless to say, my wallet stayed in my pocket.

12. CrewBeat

CrewBeat Be Massive My Friends

Jul 27, 2004
    Manhattan
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, saw that too. Definitely not a photo from MLS. Shouldn't have been hard for adidas to go through the effort of getting a team specific photo to use instead.

13. jschwarz

jschwarz Member

Apr 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    9 days until the season begins and I want to purchase a kit to support my club and can't even order it from the website. Completely disappointed! If you go to "On The Field" products you can only purchase shorts. I can get a Columbus Crew video game rocker no problem but no shirt, Really?!?! Marketing Fail!

RoleModel83 repped this.
  14. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

not sure what the issue is, they could be waiting until next week for "Jersey Week" if you try to buy a jersey of any team it redirects you to something else...

Edit: Some jerseys you are able to buy, others redirect you...maybe a site issue...

15. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is an annual disappointment, is it not? I seem to always recall that our kits tend to be available either at the start of the season if not after the start.

16. NUFCBayern

NUFCBayern Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 9, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    [​IMG]Another look at the new number font

17. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whoa! I can actually tell the difference between the 1 and 7...

18. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Disappointed again - no love for fat guy size!

Also... where the F is the star?

20. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do people on this board remember how to do anything other than complain?
    No clue if they have something bigger than XL or not, but the Crew Gear store always has a different selection than MLS's online store.
    Seriously?
    This is training gear. Not an authentic jersey. Most training gear doesn't have any stars or anything else on it.

21. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Really? Is is bad for me to want a star on there? Good Lord, quit complaining about me complaining. :p

As for the size, I called them about last year's as well and there was no fat guy love. I'm complaining for a legit reason. I LIKE the gear, and WOULD LIKE to buy the gear.

22. stanger

stanger BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 29, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe you should mix in a salad?

23. BG13

BG13 Member+

Jun 25, 2007
    IT'S GLANDULAR!

stanger and JB the First repped this.
  24. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, I like salad, i'm just short on metabolism, exercise and a desire to stop drinking beer

25. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Negative, Ghost Rider. I've got warmups, training tops, polos, and stadium jackets in my closet with stars on them.

RoleModel83 repped this.