2013 Crew gear

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by cleazer, Feb 8, 2013.

1. JB the First

JB the First Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maybe next year we'll have a shirt that looks good enough to buy. This round was pretty mediocre.

2. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A gray kit would be welcomed.

3. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not if it works the same for the Crew as it has for the Buckeyes this year....

Bill Archer repped this.
  4. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    BTW, I went to the stadium store today and specifically asked about the white sleeve warmup ..no such luck. And NO on the "RW" jacket. According to the merchandise manager they're not selling either of them. As far as new gear; they've received caps and few other items but don't have them out yet. Orders were placed in August and they're still waiting for many of the new items. Most everything should be in the stadium store within two weeks.

Bill Archer repped this.
  5. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too true.

6. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Too bad. Maybe one day our merchandise won't be 1970's nostalgia hipster wear.

scornflakes repped this.
  7. ThreeC

ThreeC Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Cowbellumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really like the shirts we've done in the past, and I'm pretty excited about the stuff we're working on now. My favorite is still the first Crew Union one with the soccer ball in the middle. I've got a couple of them, pretty sure I wear it at least once a week (twice during the season).

NUFCBayern repped this.
  8. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's baffling that they wouldn't carry something that would surely sell very well. It's certainly available from adidas, I wonder why they aren't going to carry it.

9. foozer

foozer Member

Dec 19, 2005
    Indy
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I tweeted the heck out of them early last season to release the RW jacket. Turns out it was an adidas prototype and they aren't planning on making a mass production run.

10. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I don't understand this notion of not selling items that lots of people say they want to buy

11. scornflakes

scornflakes Member

Aug 1, 2009
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Stay tuned. There is something happening that will perhaps be an interesting alternative to the HanoiHipsterHilton.

ZipSix repped this.
  12. cleazer

cleazer Member+

May 6, 2003
    Toledo, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet they wind up carrying the white-sleeve jacket. They probably just don't have any idea when yet. Unlike the Warzycha jacket last year, these obviously are being mass produced (since the whole team is wearing them).

13. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adidas does this in other sports, too. You can't buy an NBA practice jersey anymore, even though the recent designs have been among the best yet.

14. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What a weird thing to complain about. There was a time when we'd *kill* to have the most popular T-shirt designer in the city and state (the country too?) actively want to make stuff for the Crew and one of its supporters groups. Sometimes I think you guys just search for something new to bitch about.

15. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It would be much better to go back to tshirts that looked like they were made to be sold in truck stops and Walmart.

JayFunkeyFresh repped this.
  16. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not my style, that's all I'm saying. I am glad you are happy that the greatest t-shirt designer in the history of the universe as it existed in 1972 is designing for us.

17. JayFunkeyFresh

Jul 10, 2004
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    haha I get that. Honestly, not that I fully agree with it, but I can see the criticism that Homage is overrated, bland/boring and ubiquitous. But it's certainly worlds better than all the other alternatives: generic shit that looks like it should be on sale, as another poster mentioned, at Wal-Mart or in the bed of a truck or has a Grateful Dead soccer skull on it.

BrickStreetBoy repped this.
  18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

HSH? :confused:

19. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks for the information even if it makes me very sad. :(
    Do you think it would look odd if I mugged one of the players and RW for their jackets? And then wore it to the game later on?

BrickStreetBoy repped this.
  20. NewEnglandClamChowder

Jul 28, 2012
    The Eyetalian Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    We might be able to pick them up at the team equipment sale and avoid some jail time, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

21. BrickStreetBoy

Oct 3, 2012
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    If I can get a job for Konrad, do you think Robert would give me his jacket?

22. Matt C

Matt C Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Hanoi Hilton was the sarcastic name American POWs called a horrendous Vietnamese prison in Hanoi during the war.

What does that even mean?

I guess you are suggesting that that hipsters are prisoners to 1970's retro fashion?

Do you find retro themed artwork/fashion overdone or unoriginal? Or do you just object to HOMAGE's popularity specifically?

23. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why the hate on the Homage shirts? I love their designs. I don't buy any because they aren't made big enough to fit me (I wear 3XL in normal t-shirts, so that;s about 5XL in the skinny "hipster" cut that Homage uses), but would definitely buy them if they fit me.

24. Nostradumass

Nostradumass BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 5, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is so wrong. Don't mug RW, kidnap him shortly before game time. Let him go after it's over, and claim it was all a big misunderstanding*

* Nostradumass does not officially endorse the kidnapping of coaches

25. CrewV Man

CrewV Man Member+

Aug 18, 2011
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doing things that are not illegal? That would be new for me. maybe I will give it a try. Just as long as I can still lie about it.